The Great Hall

Turn 141, 620ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

No shot for this turn, but things are much the same.

Great Library built in the Dutch capital (600ad)

Mav
Spoiler :

More Healing in the cap. Dutch put another fish in the water (now 2 indiamen, 1 caravel), the blockade is secure; no iron/trade out, no horse/trade in.

Turn 142, 640ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Nothing new

Mav
Spoiler :

Cursor back on beta, new fish coming in from the north. Nothing's landing, just a blockade so far.

Turn 143, 660ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Cursor on the library. nothing new here

Mav
Spoiler :

Startling new developement! Carthage lands at our south, threatening Poison City!

Unable to whip out a defensible unit (lbow, etc) on time i settle on a spy and shuffle units around in that direction. With all the dutch fish in the water i know i have to keep an eye on Copper City so some of the "7" stack might not go any further. I leave poison pretty well abandoned as most of the units there begin their hike across the river. Here we go again.

Turn 144, 680ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Cursor on turnpike

Mav
Spoiler :

No attack yet, all they do is bombard us down to zero. That just gives us more time to get in position. Cursor on the elephant 4S of Copper city.

Turn 145, 700ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Cursor on Castle, guilds in 1.

Mav
Spoiler :

A big fight happened. All I have shots of are the results so I'll put that and try to explain it through.

Most of their army moved to the tile marked "10". They had more units it seemed, in poison and elsewhere, the galleons appeared to have made another trip and because of that I was willing to risk leaving bubble gum exposed. Basically we had 3 stacks and workers to road 2 of them, and with the bubble gum city stack slightly better than the river-hike stack from poison, i used bubble gum. Here's how it went:

(our unit v theirs, our strength v theirs, our odds, our result)

cat v mace, 5 v 8, 15.1%, lose
cat v mace, 5 v 8, 15.1%, lose
cat v mace, 5 v 7.27, 28.4%, lose
cat v mace, 5 v 7.27, 28.4%, lose
WE v pike, 8.8 v 8.65, 51.2%, lose
WE v xbow, 8.8 v 4.68, 96.6%, win
mace v mace, 8 v 6.4, 84.3%, win
WE v mace, 8 v 5.6, 88.8%, loss
HA v mace, 6 v 5.44, 69.0%, lose
HA v pike, 6 v 5.29, 82.3%, win
HA v mace, 6 v 4.16, 89.5%, win
HA v treb, 6 v 4, 90.1%, win
xbow v treb, 7.2 v 4, 97.7%, win
xbow v cat, 7.2 v 4.05, 98.0%, win
xbow v treb, 6 v 4, 92.7%, win
axe v treb, 5 v 4, 75.1% lose

And the aftermath of all this is what's shown above.

And here are the results of them taking poison, earlier in the turn

(our unit defending v theirs, our # v theirs, our odds, our result)

xbow v treb, 4 v 4, 43.2%, withdraw
longbow v treb, 3.56 v 4, 24.6%, withdraw
xbow v mace, 3.3 v 8, 1.5%, lose
longbow v mace, 2.47 v 8, 0.2%, lose

Much the same up here,

Turn 146, 720ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Mav
Spoiler :

This is a "before" shot, before i made my moves. It looks like everything boarded galleons and then was dropped in the city. I attack again.

(our unit v theirs, our strength v theirs, our odds, our result)

mace v longbow, 8 v 6, 73.6%, win
mace v longbow, 8 v 8.7, 27.0% lose
xbow v mace, 6 v 5.33, 75.1%, win
WE v pike, 8.8 v 12.6, 11.5%, lose
WE v pike, 8.8 v 8.56, 65.2% win
HA v mace, 5.8 v 3.92, 90.1%, win
HA v treb, 4.62 v 3.24, 80.7% win
warrior v mace, 2 v 4.8, 6.7% lose, GG spawned to carthage
spear v mace, 4 v 4.8, 40.2%, lose

For the last two battles, all i had left was the 40% battle and with everything so beat up i was looking to take it. I saw the warrior numbers and didn't like it at all (2 v 4.8) but was hoping to take some damage and make the spear winnable. But alas, the warrior does no damage and i still take the spear battle anyway.

End result below. Hopefully they don't reload the city with units and we get another strike in.

And we got Joan of Arc (last turn, 700ad). Since we're getting run over, i felt that settling it or building a shrine were negative actions from mav point of veiw. So, golden age it is.

Turn 147, 740ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Mav
Spoiler :

No opportunity.

Carthage also pops GA this turn (maybe this means things just got a little more long-term :confused:)

Turn 148, 760ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Great prophet born in a distant land

Mav
Spoiler :

Back to waiting for when itc comes, for both saves really

Turn 149, 780ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Narak born in distant land, Amazon settle heading NE

Mav
Spoiler :

Our spy finds the Dutch army stagnant in Altair, a single mace nearby.

Turn 151, 820ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Same old, same old.

Mav
Spoiler :

Spy's heading up towards Amazon despite espionage imbalance

Turn 152, 840ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Nothing new.

Mav
Spoiler :

And the Quatronia galleons show up. Interesting. The home island is built up to where it might be able to handle a combined landing of Q & sirius. Mainland not so much

Turn 153, 860ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

At the time this was taken we had Guilds on everybody. They have Aethetics Drama Literature Music, Philosophy, Divine Rite, Nationalism, Calender, Engineering, Paper and Education on us.

Mav
Spoiler :

They pillage our fishing boats.

Turn 155, 900ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Still not much new from our perspective. Yes I haven't looked at the demo soldier numbers with much scrutiny but I doubt the concise unit build-up merlot has undertaken can be easily matched with an amphibious invasion. So we wait...

Mav
Spoiler :

And the Q galleons are gone.

Turn 156, 920ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Gunpowder in. At this point (this and the last turn i beleive), the others are trading around tech, they got guilds and constitution so now we only have gunpowder on them.

Mav
Spoiler :

Turn 157, 940ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Didn't catch it until now but last turn Amazon steals Gunpowder off us in baths (cursored). That was the turn we got it, pretty good. They and the dutch were logged in together while all this went down and it was traded over to them in a minute. Close cooperation indeed. 2 M whipped.

Mav
Spoiler :

Whipped almost everywhere here

Turn 158, 960ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Not much new on this side but...

Mav
Spoiler :

They sure are closing in over here:

We got a Dutch/Amazon 28 unit stack coming in from the NE (we currently have 31 scattered units in this region) but also the troops that were in Beta Centauri are gone (just a single archer now) which are likely in some of the 4 boats by our home island, and then also the Quatronian 4 Galleons have appeared again near poison city. Doesn't look too good at all :(

Even the single archer that was here last turn is gone, likely off in our direction

Turn 159, 980ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

Galleon dropping off fresh spies

Mav
Spoiler :

Main stack gets one tile closer to spot b (and Q doesn't land, just sails near bubble gum) but sirius also lands the beta centauri troops here (ssw of hadar) of all places. Our catapult's too far behind but looks like a good battle so I take it.

Our unit v theirs, our strength v theirs, our odds, our result

mace v elephant, 9.6 v 8.8, 67.6%, win
xbow v mace, 7.2 v 5.33, 83.5%, win
xbow v mace, 7.2 v 5.33, 83.5%, lose
Musket v mace, 10.8 v 8, 78.9%, win
elephant v mace, 8 v 8, 50.0%, lose
longbow v mace, 7.2 v 4.32, 97.8%, win
spear v treb, 4 v 4, 50.0%, win
longbow v treb, 7.2 v 4, 98.2%, win
chariot v mace, 4 v 1.6, 99.1%, win

All the maces of theirs were unpromoted. The other two boats have been pretty adamant to keep up the (very effective) blockade so I am gambling they're empty, thus i'm thinking this was not a "bait" move but just not a strong play.

And then news from the north & overall:

Turn 160, 1000ad

Merlot
Spoiler :

They shuffle themselves around but so far it's not really worth noting.

Mav
Spoiler :

One turn closer, and look where Q decided to land.

Top Bottom