When is TSG6?

Vrock

Chieftain
Little new to the forums, but I am just itching for the next GotM. Any idea how often they are or when they are normally announced?

excellent.

you have my full attention. is there some way we can be notified or do we just have to check ourselfs? not that im lazy! :)

i feel this part of the board may be the last bastian of hope to find civ5 lovers.

We try to keep up with a new game every couple of weeks.

Hope to get another out soon. :)

When do you think you will finish the training series and get to regular GOTMs similar to the way it is done with CiIV?

When do you think you will finish the training series and get to regular GOTMs similar to the way it is done with CiIV?
Below is from the the first post in this thread.

Once the submission website and the security mod are in place, we will start the actual competition. The award system will be designed once we understand the scoring mechanics of the game, and the players will have an important role in this process. We will use the experience from the training series to devise an award system that is fair and encourages players to perform at their best. We will also decide later if we will use adventurer/challenger saves, or if there are other ways to allow for a variety of playing skills.
We may be waiting a while as we have found that we need the .dll code to make the above happen and this hasn't been released by Firaxis as yet. There are no inherent security features built into Civ5, as there were in Civ4.

Wish I could give you a date, or even a window, in which it all might happen. For now, we will continue to provide games to play in the current training mode as the support system just are not in place to run a competition as we have with other versions.

There's a comment on the background of the training series here, which states that a security mod is needed before the competition will begin for reals.

Unfortunately, on the HOF page this thread points out that civ5 isn't currently sufficiently modabble to create such a security mod.

I'm enjoying this fairly relaxed series at the moment. If you want real competition there is always the Civ4 BOTM.

Thank you both for the replies. I have played CiIV BOTMs in the past, but it's been a while, and based on the adjustments I had to make to learn CiV, I don't think I would be any good anymore.

Top Bottom