Imperial Dynasty Game II (Game Thread)

Emperor Airon II, Duke of the Dankis Family, the Grand House of Huber would like to congradulate you on a good turn session. Lord Cassius will be reviewing the information with the rest of the house this evening, and making his tribute at that time.

We would also like the Emperor to make an official annoucement celebrating the founding of a new family within the House of Huber. The Nubians from the northern realms have pledged their support to our great lands and requested official sponsorship into the Grand House of Huber. We have obliged and the Dankis family has agreed to sponsor the family until fulls Reights have been issued.

The Imperial House is honored to invite the Nubian family into our Empire. The House of Huber will be strengthened by their commitment. In their honor I officially change the name of the city "Holy See" to "Nubia". I also appoint NubianMercenary official Governor of Nubia. I also make the following appointments:

Polydormus Dankis- Governor of the city of Dankis
Albert Draknith -Governor of the city of Draknith
Cassius Huber- Governor of the city of Huber

As tradition dictates, James Huber, chronicler of the Grand House of Huber has comprised his history of the Huberian Dynasty.

The Huberian Dynasty was the culmination of Imperial power. When Regent David of Huber took the throne as Huber I, he knew that change was needed. The Empire was a small weak nation, that was becoming the pawn in a larger new world order that the Native Americans were striving to create.

In response Huber I reacted quickly to increase the size of the military to oppose the forces working against the Empire. Land and economic reforms were passed, and slowly the Empire became a more powerful force. With the declaration of war against out foes the Native Americans, the Imperial Empire transformed from a small nation on the edge of the sea, to a military powerhouse capable of destroying the most powerful nation in the known world.

Although wars will sometimes drive nations apart and leave technolgy progress by the side, the Imperial Empire reached out to the world, and found partners to oppose the Native Americans. Huber I was able to double our technological knowledge, and increased the standing of the Empire with the other nations in the known world. In the end, the nation of the Native Americans was defeated, and the Imperial Empire expanded it's grasp on the former N.A. territories.

With the passing of Huber I, the throne was passed to Huber II, and his adminstration built upon the framework established by Huber I. The Native Americans were once again punished for their insolence, and their capital became the newest addition to the Empire. Worker reforms were enacted to increase the size of the worker population to handle the increased land reforms being pushed through, and economic reforms were increased to establish the foundation for a strong economy.

The end result of the Huberian Dynasty was a complete transformation of the Empire. No longer was the Imperial Empire a mere nation on the coast. It had turned itself into the pre-emminent power on the continent. Other nations rely on us to keep them safe, and the Huberian Dynasty paved the way for a brighter, richer, and larger future.

Oh Illustrious leader, I believe in your work load (or aging self) has caused you to overlook a minor detail. I will not be able to grant tribute this session if I am unable to look at the 'savegame.'

Oh Illustrious leader, I believe in your work load (or aging self) has caused you to overlook a minor detail. I will not be able to grant tribute this session if I am unable to look at the 'savegame.'

It has been up since before the turn report :D .

Post 156

BTW great job on the Chroncle for your Dynasty. I have updated post 1 and will be recreating the Imperial Library (post 2) either tonight or tomorrow.

civplayah said:
The House of Artok gives tribute to the emperor.

The Emperor is gracious for the gesture of goodwill.

Proclamation from the Grand House of Huber:

The Grand House of Huber grants tribute to the Emperor.

I believe that the current path set forth by Airon II, to build our economy to greatness, is the correct path. Since most of the infrastructure is in place in the northern territories I see no reason to deviate from the current administration. Also, another 10 turns will be needed before the hamlets grow, and 30 before the villages grow, so 1 turn set is perfect to get ourselves right to the point of sucess.

Blessed be the Emperor - may his rule be prosperous, long and wise!!

I, Chieftain Pei Fuataga - am most honoured and overwhelmed by the renaming of the city: "Holy See" to that of "Nubia" - however, if it pleases your majesty; I humbly request that the city be named to: "Fua" as this will bring great pride and good will to the Fuataga family. The Fuataga family also wishes to convey its support for the proposal put forward by the Grand House of Huber; which praises the achievements laid down by Emperor Airon II - to focus on a strong economy, this evidently will lead us to strength in all other areas i.e - Imperialistic/Militaristic. And on a closing comment, the family of Fuataga give humble advise to the Council - that is, to watch the brown boarders to the North, as we notice severe military action taking place in that area.

Airon II thanks the Houses for their continued support of the Emperor. I ask that the Pro-Consul go forth with the legislative session. I plan to continue reinforcing the Northern border with Longbows, Horse Archers and Catapults.
We should also discuss our tech path, after Compass (2 turns) I suggest Machinery --> Civil Service--> Engineering. This will give us Crossbows/Maces/Pikes for our next Military buildup following the Economic infrastructure along with other benefits.
Since Serfdom is not needed any more I suggest we switch to Caste System and try to crank a GP out before Civil Service is researched and Bureaucracy can be adopted. I suggest pushing for a Great Merchant for Trade Mission. I plan to play the next turn session as soon as the Pro-Consul puts forth his suggestions.

As instructed by the Emperor, I Cassius Huber Pro-Consul to the Empire do hereby open the sixth session of Council. If all the Lords would please make themselves available I would appreciate it. Currently the council is as follows: (my appologees if I am incorrect with who is Lord over which city)

Artok- House of Artok
Arkan- House of Reichkaiser
Octavia- House of Octavia
Huber- House of Huber
Domgreind- House of Reichkaiser
Dankis- House of Huber
Caesus- House of Octavia
Draknith- House of Huber
Fua- House of Huber (Lord Pei Fuataga)
Zululand- House of Octavia

These ten (10) Lords will need to make their presence known and vote for or against the various issues brought before the council.

The honorable House of Huber would like to raise these issues:

First motion is to request that the Emperor enact economic reforms around Caesus. This seems to be the only city in the Northern Realm that has not enjoyed the same level of land reforms as the other Northern cities.

Second motion is to request that the Emperor construct one (1) additional trireme in Octavia to support the waters outside of Draknith.

Third motion is to request that the Emperor continue deficit spending of -25 gold per turn for the remainder of this next session. (Roughly 500 gold in the treasury, thus at -25 g/t we can sustain this level of spending for 20 turns.)

Fourth motion is to request that the Emperor enact armed forces reforms to standardize our three armies (Draknith's Army, 1st Imperial Army, and the Southern Army)

Fifth motion is to request that we research after compass: Optics ---> Civil Service ---> Engineering With Optics we can build larger craft capable of scouting the seas to uncover new lands and nations. With Civil Service we can farm out the remaining plains tiles in the Southern Realm, and finnaly we can use Engineering to increase our intracity movement time, not to mention the armed forces upgrades. Within the next 20 turns we should be able to learn both Optics and Civil Srvc.

Should any other member of the council agree to any of these propositions, please second the motions.

If anyone has any further motions they may raise them now.

Another option for researh could be Machinery-->Civil Service-->Guilds. Grocers and Knights or Pikes and Caravels. I'd like to hear from the other council members before making my decision. I'll also make whatever trades I can with our allies to get some of the older techs.

As far as Governor appointments any cities I did not name are under the control of the Emperor. Though I will grant the title of "Feudal Lord" to all the citizens you named that were not on my governors list. This will give them a seat at the council but not the weight a Governor carries with his city. Any suggestions by a Governor for his city will be enforced unless there is a good reason for me to veto it.

As far as Governor appointments any cities I did not name are under the control of the Emperor. Though I will grant the title of "Feudal Lord" to all the citizens you named that were not on my governors list. This will give them a seat at the council but not the weight a Governor carries with his city. Any suggestions by a Governor for his city will be enforced unless there is a good reason for me to veto it.

Gotcha... so you're playing the mass vote game ehhh... ha-ha. I didn't know what you were wanting to do, so I just put it out there that there's roughly 10 votes in the council. If you would like I can edit the post to reflect the correct vote casters.

"The honorable House of Huber would like to raise these issues:

First motion is to request that the Emperor enact economic reforms around Caesus. This seems to be the only city in the Northern Realm that has not enjoyed the same level of land reforms as the other Northern cities.

Second motion is to request that the Emperor construct one (1) additional trireme in Octavia to support the waters outside of Draknith.

Third motion is to request that the Emperor continue deficit spending of -25 gold per turn for the remainder of this next session. (Roughly 500 gold in the treasury, thus at -25 g/t we can sustain this level of spending for 20 turns.)

Fourth motion is to request that the Emperor enact armed forces reforms to standardize our three armies (Draknith's Army, 1st Imperial Army, and the Southern Army)

Fifth motion is to request that we research after compass: Optics ---> Civil Service ---> Engineering With Optics we can build larger craft capable of scouting the seas to uncover new lands and nations. With Civil Service we can farm out the remaining plains tiles in the Southern Realm, and finnaly we can use Engineering to increase our intracity movement time, not to mention the armed forces upgrades. Within the next 20 turns we should be able to learn both Optics and Civil Srvc.

Should any other member of the council agree to any of these propositions, please second the motions.

If anyone has any further motions they may raise them now."

Blessed be the Emperor - may his rule be prosperous, long and wise!!

*Bows respectively*

Greetings and most gracious tidings to you, my fellow Lords and close blood-brothers - we are here to discuss and determine the most productive and prudent path that our people must endeavor for the sake of our most omnipotent Empire! To the very first proposition put forward by his majesty, Emperor Airon II - I Lord Pei Fuataga hereby support this suggestion, since the Fuataga family feel it is of most importance that we concentrate a build up of military units in our three most Northern cities. This is for two reasons; firstly: it will enable our cities {who are the closest to hostile nations} to feel safe and to re-assure them that their lives are cherished. Secondly; a build up of forces in our Northern districts will be much needed - since I believe that after being badly beaten and laid waste to, the Native Americans, led by the Ruthless Overlord: Shaka Zulu will not easily forgive nor forget the great war that has taken place in the past years. He will, most likely; launch a revenge invasion on our people. We must be ready! In terms of which path our most learned Scholars should pursue, I offer my support for the notion of: "Machinery-->Civil Service-->Guilds. Grocers and Knights or Pikes and Caravels" - This will enable {with Knights} and Caravels for our units from the Southern districts to send a swift and powerful unit to aid the Northern districts if and when invaded. The time it takes for aid to reach a certain strategic point, usually determines the out come of that point being defended or lost. Furthermore, with Caravels we can explore the world and seas around us - which is of dire necessity since it will open our peoples eyes to other unknown dark depths that surrounds our lands. Also, it is most prudent, I believe to always combine any military unit we have - with many Catapult units; as attacking with Catapults will cause collateral damage to the enemy units. Thus, weakening them collectively while our Knights attack them individually. Catapults are also needed to slowly break down the enemies defences, if we are too take their cities, we are to take their walls first.

In a closing comment; the Fuataga family see our Neighbour to the east: "Lincoln" as a potential if not ready-made ally, in which we should trade world maps with {to save our Caravels from exploring and let them secure our coastlines} and to form an alliance with against the Northern threat. A threat which is amassing a monolithic army as we speak!

With this, I end my opinion and thoughts on the proposed avenues put forward by you all, my fellow Lords. Blessed be your names! And may we all rule wisely for the betterment of our people and Empire!

@NubianMercenary

We are deciding between this tech path. (Machinary-->Civil Service-->Guilds) or (Machinert-->Civil Service-->Engineering-->Optics.

The 1st will will give us Grocers and Knights and the 2nd will give us Pikes and Caravels. Both options gives us many other benefits but I just through the Grocers and Knights or Pikes and Caravels out there.

I don't have Artok, I have Domgreind.
Domgreind would still like to improve the economy and stabilize it.

CivPlayah-

Yeah I recently found out who's in control of the other cities. You're still on the council though, so feel free to offer your opinions on the motions present. Also, with the revolt going on in Arkan, you will need to address your house's position on the matter.

Excellent Emperor,

They indeed; have Maceman and many Catapults. Which is a very deadly combination of troop units. The NA must be watched carefully.

@Pro-Consul

Seems all interested parties have weighed in, I await word from you that the legislative session has ended. I can play the save tonight or else it looks like it'll have to wait for the weekend.

Top Bottom