Continents Plus

Chee

Warlord
I have heard good things about the Continents Plus maps.

I have most of the DLC but don't appear to be able to select this type of map script.

Which DLC does it come with?

I believe it's the Explorer's Map Pack, or something like that. It's a separate DLC that came out around the same time as the Spain/Inca DLC I believe.

It's part of the Explorer's Map Pack.

I'd wait for it to go on sale (should next month).

ContinentsPlus, PangaeaPlus, Amazon, Donut and Sandstorm are the 5 map scripts in that pack.
The 'Plus' maps come with added island chains. What I like less about them is that the City States have been scripted to only appear on these islands, and away from the land masses where you will spawn.
I've cut out that part of the map script to get the CS distribution back to normal. In 'Modding tutorials and Guides' I've written a small instruction on how you can do that.

I kind of like how the CSs are placed off the mian landmass. It makes early seafaring triremes, great lighthouse much more relevant. Without any CS buffers between you and other civs play is more competetive and exciting also. But it is of course also cool that you can change the script like Optional mentions.

I got these scripts from the explorer mappack bundled with Denmark civ and scenario DLC at 6€. Kind of OK value for money, methinks.

If you change it back to normal, most CS's will still appear on the islands. It's a fave place for CS's, even without the map script specifically forcing them there.

Top Bottom