What Civs are in?

Rome: Duh, we know that they're in! But what "Caesar" do they mean?
probably Julius
America: Why Lincoln over Washington?
Because he was in most versions fx
Egypt: Why Cleopatra instead of Ramses II (the Egyptian leader in Civ1)?
more popular
India: GANDHI WASN'T AN ACTUAL INDIAN LEADER!!!
Well, but that doesn't make him a good person to include, does he? I mean, IMHO he was the greates person in the 20th century (Maybe not in front of Dalai Lama, but still)
Aztecs: I hope they mean Montezuma I.
They don't. II is more popular and well-known.
Africa: I'm guessing it's the "African" Empire because most people in the new audience Firaxis is aiming for have seldom heard of the Carthaginians, Malinese, Ethiopians, or Zulu, and also believe that Africa is pretty much the same no matter what part of the continent.
They mean black Africa. I guess they've begun to do such things (With Native American fx)
Spain: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why?
Greece: Why Alexander instead of Pericles or Leonidas?
Popularity, and he WAS one of the greatest conquerors of history. Still, Alex must be better than Leonidas, must he not?

frqing 10chars

Rome: Duh, we know that they're in! But what "Caesar" do they mean
Africa: I'm guessing it's the "African" Empire because most people in the new audience Firaxis is aiming for have seldom heard of the Carthaginians, Malinese, Ethiopians, or Zulu, and also believe that Africa is pretty much the same no matter what part of the continent.
And their leader is Catherine, not Stalin.
Rome:They have to mean Julius or Augustus since they're going for the most popular.
Egypt: Cleopatra was more famous
Indians: I agree. They should use Asoka or something.
Aztecs:They probably mean the II since he was more famous.
Africa:They should change it to Zulu since they're using Shaka.
Spain: Why??
Greece: Alexander is one of the most successful conquerors in history and the most famous of the Greeks. I'm fine with him.
Russia: Catherine:confused: :confused: :confused: But Stalin's in the trailer.

Portugal only appear when they have interest to put it,they live with a lot of interests.
They dont have capacity to have Portugal in the first game,without in a pack expansion.
If they dont recognize Portugal as a potencial nation,the pionner of Globalization,why they continue start with spain instead of Brasil??
This kind of selection is getting bored because it always the same.
In every Civ game the same got better with Portugal and Netherland added after,then why it not start with both now??
And I will not play it,or buy it.

This also happen out there in the real world,we are always forgotten or ignored,thats why I have this signature,which is truly true.

Rome: Duh, we know that they're in! But what "Caesar" do they mean?
Mongolia: Genghis Khan really shouldn't look that tall, as he was less than 5 feet tall. But he at least looks much more fierce in CivRev.:eek:
America: Why Lincoln over Washington?
Germany: There was a screenshot of Bismarck at IGN.
Arabia: Man, kids are going to look forward SOOOOOOO much to squashing these guys.:sad:
France: Everybody knows Napoleon, it seems. What about Joan of Arc?
England: This civ was confirmed at the recent preview at Gamespot.
Japan: Confirmed by one the first interviews. Apparently, their cities do best on the coast.
China: Haven't seen anything about them.
Russia: They were confired by the same interview at IGN that Japan was confirmed in. And their leader is Catherine, not Stalin.

Rome: Julius
America: America isn't in
Egypt: Cleaopatra isn't as well know
Gandhi: There are very few Indian leaders who actually could be considered to have ruled Indian and even fewer who are well known.
Africa: Yes. Personally, if they are using Shaka and the Impi (both confirmed) they should just rename them the Zulus. I would have prefered the Ethiopians since they are both more important than the Zulu and more well known. Carthage is more well known, but would be leaving out the greater portion of Africa.
Spain: No Spainish leader (and Isabela is actually Castilian and never ruled Spain) is very well known so I think they should have gone with Charles V.
Greece: Alexander conquered the largest Empire in the world in ~15 years and is probably the second most known Greek leader (Leonidas being first because of 300)
China: there is a screenie with Mao in the corner

@Civfan333: Catherine was confirmed in PolyCast27 by Dorian Newcomb (my mistake when I said Barry). Read my posts above.

"Hector of the Phoencians" is in. this is a SS from the movie.

!
Read the text! There's a throne room in Revolutions! :D

"Hector of the Phoenicians."

When was there a "Hector", known to general mainstream consumers, that actually ruled over or was in someway heavily politically associated with Phoenicia?

Unless this is another name for Hiram?

Oh well. Phoenicians were an interesting chioce for a civ. THuogh I don't know why they take prevelence over Persia.

!
Whoa!:eek: :eek: :dubious: there's a throne room! I wonder what you do in it. See the gifts others Civs give you????:D :lol:

Will9 wrote: @Dutchking: the throne room was confirmed ages ago, where have you been?
When was it comfirmed:confused: :confused: I don't think I ever saw this. Where'd you read it?:confused:

Oh. I never saw that. Thanks for the info:D :D :D

@Swein Forkbeard
Rome: Julius!
Egypt: Cleo??? Because there is a queen egyption on the previous-frames releases! And Ramses II will be problably a Great General or something like this!
India: Gandhi!!! He was Indian, yes! You are :confused: with Hindu!!! In India there is n relegions, and n languages!
Spain: "NO!!!!" Well I agree, but you can't forget there is a Spanish cluster-market, so Spain is there! (And I agree with Luso!!!)
Greece: YES ALEXANDER!!! He is the most famous Leader to Greece! And maybe to the world!
Arabia: well the same reason of Spain!

-/-/-

If there will be 16 civ's!
And Phoenicians are in! Where are the English/British???
In my conts it's alredy beyond the limits!!!

BTW: if there will be 3 barbarian leader, who is the 3rd leader???
Atila? Maybe! I don't know!

BTW: if there will be 3 barbarian leader, who is the 3rd leader???
Atila? Maybe! I don't know!

It will be the Temperate climate barbarian leader, so probably someone Hunic/Gothic/Germanic/Celtic (put simply, the enemies barbarians that were enemies of Rome) like.

^well, they already have a "European" barb... maybe someone more middle eastern? probably not,then again... definitely not someone African, now they have the "African" civ... perhaps some Asian nomads? i was thinking Native Americans could be a possibility too, but... man, this thing gets weirder and weirder.

How many console gamers have even heard of the Carthaginians, Malinese, Ethiopians, or Zulu? That's why it's "Africa".

Here

It mentions Prince Hector of the Phoenicians. There is also an interview that mentions Prince Hector of the Venetians, but at Poly ot was decided that it is probably a mistranscription. The only queston is, who is Prince Hector? Do a search and the only result you'll get is Prince Hector of Troy. I would have expected Hiram of Tyre for the Phoenicians.

I still can't see here!!!
I'd click it! and they are the same shots as in Civfanatics!!!
So here you see it???

How many console gamers have even heard of the Carthaginians, Malinese, Ethiopians, or Zulu? That's why it's "Africa".

how many gamers have heard of the Celts (except the sports team people or whatever), the Phoenicians, the Mayans, the Portugese, the Sumerians, or the HRE?

how many gamers have heard of the Celts (except the sports team people or whatever), the Phoenicians, the Mayans, the Portugese, the Sumerians, or the HRE?

Celts??? what Celts??? that city name of londiu... something I always seen it as a Roman city!!!

!

But, unlike Cleopatra does later in that movie clip from E for All, Hector doesn't just come appear on the screen bringing diplomatic options, so the Phoenicians are most likely not a playable "civ."

And if they are in, then...

Africans
Americans
Arabs
Aztecs
Chinese
Egyptians
English
French
Germans
Greeks
Indians
Japanese
Mongolians
Phoenicians
Romans
Russians
Spanish

Ummm... that IS 17 civs (I kept counting on my fingers and getting 16!). But the Phoenicians aren't going to be playable! Well done, Firaxis, we have our lucky 16!

Therefore, they are not in Civilization Revolution, Mr. PHO!

Top Bottom