SCENARIO: American Civil War Full-Release Version

Did you enjoy playing this scenario?

• Yes, this is one of the best ever, please send it to Firaxis.

Votes: 62 39.5%
  • Yes, this scenario is well-made.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Yes, but improvements could be made.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I cannot vote at this time.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • No, I didn't really like it.

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters
LOL LOL LOL LOL

I'm 22 and male. If you've downloaded the PTW version, please make sure it is the Version 2.00PREb, as the 2.00PRE and 2.00PREa both had pediaicons.txt bugs.

I await your answer. :)

Extracting the file to the /Scenarios folder does not create the ACW directory...it just dumps all the file and subfolders into the /Scenarios folder.

As the zip is currently organized, one would have to create the ACW directory first and extract to the ACW folder (contradicting the Install.txt).

Also, where are the custom graphics files? Have they been incorporated into the ../Art/Units folder? If not, they should be so that additional files do not need to be downloaded. Of course, perhaps they were kept separate in the first place to reduce the size of the scenario file. I would prefer they be included in the zip...less setup steps!!

You forgot to change the Time Options under Scenario Properties in your .bix file.

Base unit of time should be weeks. Starting in 20th week of 1861. Under time scale, the first 550 turns should use 1 unit each. This was pdescobar's recomendation from several weeks ago, although there may have been other recommended "optional" mods as well that I do not recall.

After at modifying and saving .bix, attempted normal load twice. Both failed at 76%.

Attempted multiplayer workaround, failed at 76%

PTW 1.21, WinXP. An error report was sent to Microsoft with a bunch of memory stack crap. I could reproduce if you think it will help.

Don't know if this is significant or not, but after the failures above. I tried loading one of my autosaves from last night.

I am not even sure if this is SUPPOSED to work, but I did get the following error message:

Missing entry in "Scenarios\..\Scenarios\ACW\text\PediaIcons.txt": TECH_Advanced_Repeating_Rifle

The game will now exit

Looks like this occurred at about 18% load.

Ok, which version have you tried loading? Version 2.00PRE, 2.00PREa, and 2.00PREb all had bugs in them.

Version 2.00PREc has loaded fine for myself and Rocoteh.

I wasn't aware that unzipping doesn't create the acw folder? It should. I'll double-check that.

Ok, so here is what you need to make sure of:

Art and Text folders are within ACW folder. ACW folder is in Scenarios folder. Acw.bix is in Scenarios folder.

Previous saved games from Beta versions will not be compatible with the new version, because the pediaicons.txt and civilopedia.txt have both changed (that Advanced Repeating Rifle is now Breech-Loading Rifle).

Custom graphics for now are not packaged with the scenario, because 1) not everyone may want them, and 2) they would put my download size at above 3 MB, which means I'd have to do mulitple files anyways (the one is over 2 MB by itself).

When I get more custom graphics uploaded, then I'll contact Thunderfall and upload a packaged scenario, which will include the custom graphics.

I didn't change the Time Options yet because I wanted to get the scenario up for people to download.

I will test the PTW version again.

Alright, here's what I did.

1) I tried unzipping the zip file to my C drive directly. It gave me an ACW folder. I don't know why you aren't getting an ACW folder...

2) I ran Version 2.00PREc, and it loaded fine (on 1.14f). Edit: I've now loaded this version 6 times without a crash.

Oh, I think I found the answer to the question about the custom graphics files. I haven't put them on here yet. I will do that soon.

Please let me know if you still can't get the scenario to work.

The Vanilla Civ zip file (2.00PREc) creates the correct directory structure but the PTW version does not (2.00PREc).

I understand not including the graphics files due to space concerns, but your Install file has an instruction item regarding the graphics files but there are no graphics files posted (they were posted in the old thread).

I am just tyring to point out things that might confuse someone new to the thread who might be attempting to install the scenario while running across inconsistencies in the instructions.

Of course, I am also interested in the graphics files myself! :)

The 76% failures mentioned above were with 2.00PREc. It did load successfully once. I just tried again and it failed at 76%. I thought my earlier attempts were significant because it failed at 76% while using the multiplayer work-around. I hadn't recalled anyone reporting a failure using that load method.

No, no one has reported a failure using that method. What are your system specs (besides the operating system)? What type of processor, and how much RAM?

I will get the graphics files up in a bit, and then will put up a few new ones as well (once I get them set up to work with the scenario).

I'll download the PTW version and see what's wrong with it.

As for the 76% error, I still have no idea what is causing it, and why it seems to be random in occurring.

I haven't gotten the error myself in awhile, which makes it harder to debug.

Alright, I've experienced the same problem with the PTW version. I'm uploading a new version now which should correct the folder problem.

19 people (at least) have downloaded this scenario. Has anyone else had any problems with it?

The person making sabotage against ACW is either
a coward or a 12(max) year old kid.

12 is being kind there, Rocoteh. :)

I start work tomorrow...so my schedule will be busier outside of this forum.

This scenario still is my top priority with regard to Civ3, it will still receive bug fixes and such. Civilopedia entries will be written over time.

Its of great importance that you report
load-problems if such should occur.

Top Bottom