Vanilla domination strategy with Arabia?

ZeroxSP7

Chieftain
Does anyone have any? Or any useful tips? I wanna do Arabia because i figured they could get more gold compared to everyone else, with their UA and UU.

On another note, I found Rome to be better suited to a science victory than Siam due to their UA allowing me to expand and develop more quickly than Siam.

1. Why vanilla ? :D

2. I don't play war games, but from I gathered, a domination strategy is pretty much the same for most civs, open up Might and train up early game units on barbarians. In the meantime stock on gold and get them all upgraded to UUs/later. Once you're ready, start hitting hard. Try to pay off other civs to fight each other and weaken themselves. Alternatively, you can go Tradition/Liberty instead and still have enough time for units

3. While I agree, I don't really see Rome's UA to be all that useful very early. You'd be wiser to crank up Legions and Ballistas, I guess

Vanilla because I haven't bought any DLC's or expansions. I'm considering it because many people have said it's a way better game. But I'm not a PC gamer. I mostly do console so I play civ rev a lot more. But I do have to say civ 5 is better quality

I see your point on Rome. But I still like Rome for being able to get those buildings faster. I usually open up Liberty and complete it first then do the same for Tradition. For Arabia, it'll be different. I'll open up Honor first then do Liberty. My main concern is how to prepare for the later stages of the game and how to keep up my happiness and economy, which is WHY I chose Arabia for their UA and UB.

I didn't even play a full game on vanilla, but if it's like G&K, the UU is so so powerful for taking over cities. Plan everything around that and try to get all the capitals on your continent taken then. Oh, and build chariots instead of archers and try to increase the XP as much as possible before the upgrade to camel archers.

Yeah, same unit - camel archers, but I think combat overall is fairly different.

UA my bad. Not UU. I mean they DO have the same UU, but I meant to put UA in my previous post

The domination strategy with Arabia, whether vanilla or BNW, is to blow 'em away with Camel Archers, as many civs as possible before it goes obsolete. Seriously, those things are strong. Then, with doubled oil come modern times, you can upgrade those guys to tanks and continue wrecking faces. With battleships and bombers as well for a proper combined-arms assault.

Top Bottom