"This game has gone out of sync"

When I switched to win 7, events (later in the game) would cause OOS problems. Later golden ages seemed to be an issue also.
By changing the game to run in XP compatible mode resolved 99% of those problems. SO now it's just a minor annoyance.

The one thing that generates a OOS almost every time is when you do a global upgrade on a unit. If you do just a group in a city there's no problem. Since our normal group is aware of it, we just don't do it anymore. A small inconvenience to avoid most of the OOS issues.

Good to know. We run all machines as Administrator and in XP mode. We also start with a shift key held. It is really odd because we can play for hours without an issue, then have consecutively OOS errors for 3 to 5 retstarts -- then back to being normal again.

Never had much of this issue back when we all had XP machines, but now much more often on Windows 7.

Anyone know if there is a way to just turn off the Flashing Red Error Message?

Yes, it will be ok for hours on end and then you'll get 3 or 4 in a row. Whenever that happens we'll pause for a sec and ask what everyone was doing to see if we find a pattern. That's how we noticed global upgrades, and golden ages (prior to running in xp mode)

So, noone with a FINAL solution to the OOS?

Unfortunatly my wife doesn't allow me to debug and spend time chasing bugs..
but I do love to play(hidden secret from my wife) the game MP with a friend of mine,
and this OOS is really annoying.. So some modder, please debug the game and fix it..
Fixing OOS problems is a high priority in K-Mod. The current version seems to be very stable in multiplayer. I got an OOS error in a game I played yesterday, but that was the first one I'd seen in months - and no one else has reported any recently either. (Furthermore, after many hours of debugging, I was able to track and destroy the cause of the OOS bug that I saw; the fix will be included in the next version.)

Anyone know if there is a way to just turn off the Flashing Red Error Message?
You can't disable the flashing message (without making a special mod to disable it); but regardless of that, I'd suggest that you probably shouldn't disable it even if you could. That flashing red message means that the players of your game are not seeing the same game state. If you just keep playing, then the game will go more and more out of sync. Units will be in different places, players will have different civics. Cities may have different owners, and so on - and most importantly, the commands that are sent from one player to another will basically stop making sense, and so you'll see the units of the other human players moving to strange places and so on - because they might be trying to move a unit that doesn't exist, or a unit that isn't where they think it is.. and so on.

I don't think it's a good idea to keep playing while OOS. It's much better to have someone leave the game and rejoin, so that they are back in sync. (Sometimes it is helpful to save the game, and then have all players quit and then rehost the game.) -- If the OOS errors are too common and too frustrating for you to bother rehosting like that, then I suggest you either try my mod, or just play single player. -- Playing while OOS is ... not a good option.

Top Bottom