[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

BBAI & MVC: I think they'd work together nicely if you just disable all VC strategies, or at least the 3rd and 4th levels. Except for Conquest - which would still win the game, unlike all the other victory conditions. The changes need to be made in CvPlayerAI::AI_getCultureVictoryStage() and the following functions.

What do you mean at the 3rd and 4th levels?

I mean it's probably ok for the AI to use AI_VICTORY_SPACE1/2, AI_VICTORY_CULTURE1/2 AI victory stages (see AI_Defines.h) because while they change the behavior a bit, it won't really hurt the AI player. However when the AI feels it's close to winning it will start running victory stages 3 and 4, which is where the AI will start neglecting everything else in pursuit of that one single victory condition, trying to reach it as fast as possible - which is bad for Mastery.
So what I am saying is, if MVC is on, AI_getCultureVictoryStage() should never return 3 or 4, same goes for AI_getSpaceVictoryStage() and AI_getDominationVictoryStage(). I'm not sure what you can do with diplo when MVC is on but it's probably wise if AI_getDiplomacyVictoryStage() always returns 0 but it probably doesn't matter that much as there isn't much code for that VC anyway.
Only AI_getConquestVictoryStage() should still be able to return up to 4.

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe i can make it so it will try to reach them, but when it does, go back to normal until the next one.

Diplo Victory isnt counted in Mastery anyway, so meh on that one.

The problem is not that it tries to reach victory conditions, the problem is neglecting everything else.
Maybe for the last 100 turns (normal speed), running stages 3 and 4 is no problem. It definitely is during the first 400 though.

This is a sort of Beta release, i wanted to get this out before i go AFK for a few days.
I need people to test it out, see how the AI handles Mastery. Also the score should take into account diplomatic victory, but it wont show on the victory screen. I need people to win diplo victories and see if their score is 75 points higher mysteriously.
All of the Mastery point values are stored in a fancy new global defines file, and so can be edited at will.

Anyway, download and play away!
Download LoR_AA_1.4

It would seem that the installer is corrupt. Ive downloaded it twice and gotten an error each time I tried to install it.

I said this before, and I'm going to say this again:

You CANNOT use MVC with the new BetterAI. The AI COMPLETELY neglects all other forms of victory attempts in favor of one when it senses it can reach a victory condition in the newest form.

So, BBAI 1.01 and MVC together make NO sense.

I mean, this was my FAVORITE mod, easily until recently. Now, so many little game-play change mods have been added and it has taken away from what LOR was. Now, its not even playable.

In my honest opinion - you need to remove all these little mods and abandon even thinking of continuing to add any more little mods into this in the future that change gameplay. This mod, basically, is not playable as was when it was the best mod on this site.

I mean, if I had any modding knowledge (I have none) I'd do this myself - but to see Phungus' mod completely re-vamped in such a short time is depressing.

You CANNOT use MVC with the new BetterAI. The AI COMPLETELY neglects all other forms of victory attempts in favor of one when it senses it can reach a victory condition in the newest form.

I mean, this was my FAVORITE mod, easily until recently. Now, so many little game-play change mods have been added and it has taken away from what LOR was. Now, its not even playable.

In my honest opinion - you need to remove all these little mods and abandon even thinking of continuing to add any more little mods into this in the future that change gameplay. This mod, basically, is not playable as was when it was the best mod on this site.

I mean, if I had any modding knowledge (I have none) I'd do this myself - but to see Phungus' mod completely re-vamped in such a short time is depressing.

Well, I asked the people in the Quot Capita thread about this issue (QC is using MVC in conjunction with BBAI 1.02 IIRC) and they didn't report any major flaws in that combination.
They had MVC in it some time ago so I would guess that they have some experience in that.

The AI wont go into level 4 of culture victory if MVC is on, and it will only do 3 if it has a few cities that are close. If there are problems, i can turn off the other VCs levels 3 and 4.

Culture 3 already means culture slider, which means neglecting research, that's not good.
I repeat what I said before: limit vc levels to 2, only when a good portion of the game time is over(75-80%), let the AIs run level3. Shortly before the end (90%), level 4 too.
That should in theory™ maximise the AIs scores in the end, without harming them by making them neglect everything in favor of one VC too soon.

I though 4 was when culture slider started.
The way it is working now, the Ai will run culture 3 if it has cities that are 2/3 the way there, and level 0 if it has legendary cities.
I do like the idae of waiting until the game is almost over to let them run wild though, when i get back into mucking around Ill see if i can implement that.

You're right, I thought this lie in AI_Defines.h
#define AI_VICTORY_CULTURE3 (1 << 11) //culture slider
means that it starts at level3. It doesn't.
That doesn't make any of my points moot, level3 only after 75% still sounds good to me.
Of course, Conquest victory gets the exception because that's still a game-winner.

Play the Base Version, Man. It's cool. :)

I need people to test it out, see how the AI handles Mastery.
I have played two games until the Renaissance era (inclusively) and they were the easiest games I had since I moved up to Emperor three years ago. Yet I hadn't a remarkable territory nor did play better than usual. I just followed my usual, standard, peaceful builder strategy.

Main problem:
It seems many AI civs choose to "turtle" and never develop, despite having great territories to colonize. Perhaps they go for too many early great wonders? Anyway, in the last game, after discovering Astronomy, I was amazed to discover that several civs (3 out of 10) still only had ONE city. And before you ask, they weren't minor civs because I play with this option disabled.
Even the fully developped ones were lagging behind in tech. I generally soar above the competition by the early industrial era. Here, I was ahead the whole game.

I have been playing this mod for about a year now, and it has increased my playing experience significantly. A big thank you to the mod developers.

I do have a request/inquiry, tho. Is it possible for extra civs to be added, possibly as an add-on to the expansion? I enjoy playing maps larger than huge, but like to have a fully developed world.

I do have a request/inquiry, tho. Is it possible for extra civs to be added, possibly as an add-on to the expansion? I enjoy playing maps larger than huge, but like to have a fully developed world.

You can add civs in the LoR\Assets\Modules folder, just make sure they're WoC format.

I have played two games until the Renaissance era (inclusively) and they were the easiest games I had since I moved up to Emperor three years ago. Yet I hadn't a remarkable territory nor did play better than usual. I just followed my usual, standard, peaceful builder strategy.

Main problem:
It seems many AI civs choose to "turtle" and never develop, despite having great territories to colonize. Perhaps they go for too many early great wonders? Anyway, in the last game, after discovering Astronomy, I was amazed to discover that several civs (3 out of 10) still only had ONE city. And before you ask, they weren't minor civs because I play with this option disabled.
Even the fully developped ones were lagging behind in tech. I generally soar above the competition by the early industrial era. Here, I was ahead the whole game.
I have seen that as well in the game im playing, i don know what is causing it, i dont think i touched anything vital. In all honesty i may remove this from the next version, it seems like it is being a lot more trouble than it is worth.
Also, I am not going to be able to work on this for the near future, its that time of the year, and its time to move, so im in the middle of packing and cleaning and helping friends clean and move, which means no civ time.

@PoliticalMonkey
Civs should be pretty easy to add, i think there is a tutorial around here somewhere, and there are a bunch of civs in the database.

Top Bottom