Random Rants XXXVIII: First World Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the events of today, I firmly believe weeding is God's punishment on me for something. I'm just not sure what. Why else would I have to do something that

a. consists of my least favorite kind of menial labor
b. has the sense of no progress being done no matter how many weeds you've collected
c. is outside work, so it's necessarily hot
d. has BEES EVERYWHERE I GO!?

I used to have to do that as a small child. My father told me it built character.

[size=-7]It didn't[/size]

I used to have to do that as a small child. My father told me it built character.

[size=-7]It didn't[/size]

It definitely built something in me. Not character, though. The feeling might be better described as "rage".

I really think couponers shouldn't be allowed to just coupon on their own. They ALWAYS up when they do it. They should just give their list of coupons to an associate at the entrance and say "help me, because if I do this on my own I'll screw SOMETHING up."

Seriously. Not once have I seen a couponer get it all right.

Rant: IT'S FIVE THIRTY AM. ONLY MASS MURDERERS AND INSANE PEOPLE ARE UP AT THIS TIME.

So why do I have to be up this early for an orientation for a NIGHT SHIFT JOB.

I'm trying to think up a good title for my paper on the 1984 UK Miner's Strike, but all I can come up with is "Thatcher's Revenge: Must Crush Collectivism!" which isn't formal enough.

I can't help you there. I was only five at the time and living in a different part of the country. :)

I'm trying to think up a good title for my paper on the 1984 UK Miner's Strike, but all I can come up with is "Thatcher's Revenge: Must Crush Collectivism!" which isn't formal enough.
How about "An Honourable Dispute?". Taken from the Labour MP Dennis Skinner when he said "It was an honourable dispute. It was the only strike I can recall that wasn't about pay but was about saving jobs for other people."

My father asked me if we wanted to go out for dinner tonight, by texting me, from upstairs! Will someone shoot me in the head already?

How about "An Honourable Dispute?". Taken from the Labour MP Dennis Skinner when he said "It was an honourable dispute. It was the only strike I can recall that wasn't about pay but was about saving jobs for other people."
Thanks, but I ended up defaulting to "The Impact of North Sea Oil on the British Miner's Strike of 1984-1985". Hardly interesting, but passable considering the topic had to be about energy.

I have to write a 2-page report on the holocaust.
Two pages? Bah, I could probably get that done in about an hour and a half, including research. Try 8 pages on the transition of the UK from a mono to multi fuel economy and how that affected labor relations by comparing the 1984 strike to the 1974 strike with the three day week and a side trip into the Winter of Discontent.

Two pages? Bah, I could probably get that done in about an hour and a half, including research. Try 8 pages on the transition of the UK from a mono to multi fuel economy and how that affected labor relations by comparing the 1984 strike to the 1974 strike with the three day week and a side trip into the Winter of Discontent.

I feel better now :(
To be specific, it has to be a specific holocaust survivor.

What's a drum brush? A brush for cleaning out the drums?

Thanks, but I ended up defaulting to "The Impact of North Sea Oil on the British Miner's Strike of 1984-1985". Hardly interesting, but passable considering the topic had to be about energy.

I hoped you corrected the apostrophe in print. Significantly more than one miner went on strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom