Summon Master

Hey there,

I was just wondering if it would be possible to tweak the Summon Master spell to have it summon the non-Master unit. What would we call that, the slave? Would that be possible to the have it work the other way around? I trust it's in the SDK. Am I right?

Is that maybe only in Orbis then? or FfH2 mods?

if you want help, please help us to understand your question.
please give us the requirement:
which unit can cast it ?
a religion requirement ?
mana sphere?
chaneling requirement?
tech that allows it ?
object that enables it?

what does it do ?
..etc
then we'll maybe remember where we have seen that, and maybe it is only something for which the translation in english is different from the one you gave.
then we might be able to help you.

Yeah, my bad. Summon Master is the boolean tag in the XML editor file.

The spell is called Call Form. It is performed by the Severed Soul unit.

Any recon unit with the Shade promotion call perform the Sever Soul spell, which creates a severed soul unit. When that Severed Soul unit casts the Call Form spell, the master unit that created the Severed Soul unit, will 'return' to the same tile as the Severed Soul. I am not really sure if the Severed Soul then disappears, but all I care about it having it work the other way: instead of the slave unit calling the master unit over, I want the master unit to call the slave unit over.

Is this only in Orbis? I can't remember.

that comes from base FFH.

so you want to know if you could use "sever soul", move the soul, then summon it back to the caster?

I dunno from the coding point of view, but I'm not sure I see the gameplay interest of this :/

Yeah that is it. I am doing a modmod and would find it useful for recon units and other unit abilities.

Yep. That's easy. The code is in CvSpellInterface.py

Code:
def spellCallForm(caster):
	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(caster.getOwner())
	pUnit = pPlayer.getUnit(caster.getSummoner())
	pPlot = caster.plot()
	pUnit.setXY(pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), False, True, True)

Just change the last2 lines to this:
Code:
pPlot= pUnit.plot()
caster.setXY(pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), False, True, True)

that comes from base FFH.

so you want to know if you could use "sever soul", move the soul, then summon it back to the caster?

I dunno from the coding point of view, but I'm not sure I see the gameplay interest of this :/

Is this basically the floating eye (magical unit created by a caster with metamagic and channeling I)?

Thanks Tholal,

If I wanted to have both versions of this spell, I could just duplicate it and change one, but would I need to add something to the schema file? Something has me thinking yes....

EDIT: It appears that spell is not in the Orbis python file you mention.

@ Bad Player. I believe so, but am not sure. I think the Severed Soul is an almost invisible unit, to resemble a soul or spirit unit.

Top Bottom