[FfH II Art Team Blog]

[NWO]_Valis;5524936 said:
Hehe, just when I was about to say that they look more like Spectre than nightmares :D

Looks great as a spectre, I would only scale it up a little so it looks more scary. It is a 4 str unit.

In fact, it is 2+(2 Death affinty)str unit, so it can even be 10str, if you have 4death mana.
It would be nice if summons' models could scale up according to the bonus from affinity.
(Probably impossible with the engine)

EDIT: It is only +1 affinity. Thanks Grey Fox.

In fact, it is 2+(2 Death affinty)str unit, so it can even be 10str, if you have 4death mana.
It would be nice if summons' models could scale up according to the bonus from affinity.
(Probably impossible with the engine)

Isn't it 1 Death affinity, I remember my Spectre's to have 5 total strenght once.

I have been shortly experimenting with photoshop on FFH2 theme this afternoon. I decided to upload the result. The topic is The Order. It has a calm atmosphere. I'd like to hear critics.

Attachments

• Order.jpg
    Order.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 564
That one was kinda nice. It could need those old document style edges, if you know what I mean. Or something to frame it in.

The picture looks great, I agree with the suggustian to make old document edges, mabey the Crusaders could also be more in the center of the screen, other then that... :eek:

This reply is a little late as I've barely been online these last few days...

When I mentioned my contest suggestions I should have left out that bit about 'being nice to the noobs'. That was an after thought that was directed towards the concerns regarding the lack of contributions for the first contest. My main thought in suggesting a limit to the photoshopping was that it might help to generate a bunch of cool art for which to include on the website. I was thinking you could bag two birds with one stone here. Have the contest with its winners.. then also use some of the best contributions on the website to help generate interest for this incredible mod.

And I didnt mean for it to sound like I thought no photoshopping should be allowed, just that the content be realistic of this mod. Like no Darth Vader vs Basium etc. But as I think on this more, perhaps it is better for the screenshots on the website to be totally factual rather than have actual FfH units on a fictional background and/or in fictional situations. For my effort I was thinking of staging a classic Good vs Evil battle with some of the most impressive looking units. But the units I would choose for one side or the other wouldnt be made up of just one Civ. So this wouldnt be a very good representation of the mod. And even just importing some background fluff wouldnt really represent the game well enough to include it on the website perhaps. Hehe so nevermind all that ;~)

On a differant note... I have installed the GIMP from three differant sources over the course of two years. In every install there were some text errors so I couldnt read all of the text. This increased the difficulty of learning a new program with no tutorials. Does anyone have a link for a good verison of GIMP? And do you know of any tutorial websites or learners forums?

On a differant note... I have installed the GIMP from three differant sources over the course of two years. In every install there were some text errors so I couldnt read all of the text. This increased the difficulty of learning a new program with no tutorials. Does anyone have a link for a good verison of GIMP? And do you know of any tutorial websites or learners forums?

For gimp go to wikipedia and from there to the wiki description of gimp, there you can find a lot of useful links and information (to tutorials and plugins and stuff)

And I didnt mean for it to sound like I thought no photoshopping should be allowed, just that the content be realistic of this mod. Like no Darth Vader vs Basium etc. But as I think on this more, perhaps it is better for the screenshots on the website to be totally factual rather than have actual FfH units on a fictional background and/or in fictional situations. For my effort I was thinking of staging a classic Good vs Evil battle with some of the most impressive looking units. But the units I would choose for one side or the other wouldnt be made up of just one Civ. So this wouldnt be a very good representation of the mod. And even just importing some background fluff wouldnt really represent the game well enough to include it on the website perhaps. Hehe so nevermind all that ;~)

I highly appreciate what you described here, please deliver us with some great battle shots and stuff, I love to see something composed from factual screenshots.
But in a contest I dont want to provide "game magazine" screenshots for beginners, but Art created by using art from and resembling the universe of FfH. So putting Units into non game backgrounds is not for beginners to confuse, but to extend the visual aspect of the whole ffh-thing. like I would love to see a whole novel about a Hero or something ;) (which would not be describing game mechanics, but using the background and universe of FfH to create a great story, hope you know what I mean).
But you will see what my next contest is all about (I just have less time than I calculated) and perhaps you gonna like it, if not just contribute your piece of Art and if it is good or good for new players or whatever for, it might find its spot at the right place.

A good contest would be to visualise events mentioned in pedia entries.

Thanks for the comments. I just remarked one of the crusaders has a leg in the farm not behind it as I thought, etc. So I'll probably use another screenshot as soon as I have time. As I said it was mainly a short training.

Does anybody else find the perspective produced by flying camera in close views somehow strange?

whoa, that new nightmare model is AWESOME... now only if there were some way that its attack was to fly into the enemies head...

I think he has around 800 faces 600 vertices and uses one 256x256 texture.
100% my creation

Wow, very cool looking units! I can't wait to try them out...

What about your three elohim units you had on a sketch? Will they be in? I'm just curios, I don't want to urge you.
I found them really great and it would be nice to have them in the game.

Its about time the sheaim got a new unique unit

this looks great for a Sheaim. Fits in with their brutal world-ending feel.

Top Bottom