Announcing Civilization Network!

Sorry if i'm repeating anything thats been said, i got halfway thru this thread and couldn't read anymore.

firstly, It was a press release. I read the same exact words elsewhere.

secondly, why the hell not have a game on facebook? it will create a larger fan base therefore making civ V more of a possibility. a great marketing idea if you ask me, i'll be playing it.

I can't wait for this to come out! Finally, I'll have an excuse to have a facebook!

i will beta test and give suggestions on how to make civ4 more entertaining

but i want an office, a company car, and a secretary with brown hair and 95k a year
and i want say in advertising.
Pointy headed college kids? add something in there that allows them to voice opinion and think they are smart.

the evidence is clear- 95k is a bargain.

I notice that Sid's only posted one message on the subject. :( I wonder what the status is on the project?

Civ five!! Civ five!! Civ five!! Civ five!! Civ five!! Civ five!! Civ five!!

First of all: the world NEEDS a Civ5.
That said...I'm -still- waiting for Heroes of Might and Magic: Kingdoms, a similar idea, but not done on FB; it was supposed to be a kind of crossover between Ogame and a standard HoMM game. I even bought the 1-5 Collector's Special Edition (it had a code to access the beta of HoMM:K), but that was a year or so ago, and I'm still waiting!

The lesson for Firaxis is: Don't rush anything, not even the announcements; fans will get bored after so many months >__<
Oh, and concentrate more on Medieval and Rennaisance. That's were most of the fun happens :p

I'm actually in the don't come out with Civ V until I get a new computer lobby. My current PC's can barely run BTS especially on larger maps. All Civ V is going to do is make me feel inferior that the job market is so flooded with qualified applicants due to massive layoffs that those of us who spent lots of $$$ on education haven't been able to get the well-paying jobs we were aiming for out of college and thus can't afford new computers when we're just trying to keep the lights on.

The learning curve is going to be steep for facebookers who have never touched a civ game. It could easily become the most complicated game on facebook.

Unless Sid decides to go the Civ Rev route and simplify things (which I hope he doesn't, I like oldschool civ!)

i will beta test and give suggestions on how to make civ4 more entertaining

but i want an office, a company car, and a secretary with brown hair and 95k a year
and i want say in advertising.
Pointy headed college kids? add something in there that allows them to voice opinion and think they are smart.

the evidence is clear- 95k is a bargain.

You ought to specify the gender of your secretary, ;)

Heh, you sure? I sometimes bail on the stress of trying to beat Deity by working on my thesis ;)
I guess I should be worried by the fact that playing Deity doesn't really stress me any more. That probably means I've played too much Civ... :lol:

Still awaiting the chance to play the Facebook version of Civ, but apparently the beta still hasn't started yet...

I can see this being a ton of fun, get to play civ on the internet with friends that will just have no clue what they are doing. I really hope they don't dumb it down, revolution was a bit of a let down for me, I thought, HEY, civ with my friends who don't have gaming computers! I picked it up about a couple weeks ago, never heard anything about it... I played it a little bit, nothing exciting.

What about Sid Meier's Pirates! 3 (if you don't count Pirates! Gold)

secondly, why the hell not have a game on facebook? it will create a larger fan base therefore making civ V more of a possibility. a great marketing idea if you ask me, i'll be playing it.

As long as it doesn't make Civ 5 go the way of Spore.

Top Bottom