Demographics

No change from before.

Apologies if this has been bought up before...

Was thinking about team Merlot opening.

As they are Pacal, I was thinking the sensible move with a plains hill as the centre square would be to work a 1F 2H tile and get the +1 hammer from expansive on worker building?

Think the demog numbers support this, both CY and MFG went from 2 > 3 as they settled, but I'm too hung over to cruch the numbers this morning. :p

@BobRoberts, I think you hit the nail there, very perceptive! That would indeed explain why they would prefer a 1F 2H tile over a 3F 1C tile. :goodjob:

@bbp: No worries, since there are no changes in the numbers anyway. ;)

Now that we've seen what we've seen of our start, I think we can speculate a bit on other teams. Let's assume that everyone got multiples of the same food resource. Since there are 6 teams vs. 3 seafood + 3 grain + 3 livestock, I'll assume that the crappiest of each type of food is out - cow (just crappy), wheat (same as sheep, tbh), crab (same as clam, but usually tundra/ice based).

We know that Amazon (Cyrus) and, possibly, CDZ (Ragnar) are teching AH. Sirius (Willem) is on a WB build. Cyrus also starts with Agri, so there's a chance the AH tech is for horses with food already covered. Merlot (Pacal) - our early religion rival - is on a food tech first, while building a cheap worker (as BobRoberts pointed out). Agri and Fish are on very different schedules, so we should be able to track them. That leaves Quatronia (Hannibal). We've concluded that they are working a 2f1h1c tile, which means worker, and they start with Fishing. So, they probably have a land-based food resource, and should be teching Agriculture, I guess.

Any other ideas? Maybe it's too early for this kind of speculation. We can track the results of their first tech in 4-5t. I'm too lazy these last few days, but I'll try to run some tests on tech speed with what we know about the other teams this week.

I'll see if I can rattle some timings out this evening! Will be home from work in an hour or so... just hope my net connection is working - have a lot of building work being done on the house.

I've put together a little table of research times and soldier point changes for various numbers of bulbs... Think the score increase will be the same whatever the AA tech is?

This was based on a standard map, monarch difficulty, normal speed, which I believe is correct?

This only works if civs don't grow as it assumes a static number of bulbs for the duration, but score increases/demo changes should reveal anyone changing their sci income.

Great work, BR! :goodjob:

I think they should all easily get their first tech prior to growth or land area counting (20t), so the score increase should be clear, and beaker count consistent. Same for power rating.

Very nice. :thumbsup: And yes, the costs are correct for our game setup.

Turn 1 / 3960 BC - Intelligence

----------------------------------------------​

GNP

Research

Mavericks (us) - Agriculture
Amazon - Animal Husbandry (High GNP bonus)
CDZ - 2nd tier tech, possibly Sailing or Animal Husbandry (most likely)
Merlot (religion rival!) - Most likely Agriculture or Fishing (they have low GNP bonus and don't start with a food tech - Mining/Mysticism)
Quatronia - 2nd tier tech, possibly Bronze Working
Sirius - First tier tech, most likely Mining, The Wheel, or Agriculture

Edit: Amazon's MFG is 4, not 3

Capital Build

Mavericks (us) - Worker
Amazon - ??? (most likely worker)
CDZ - ??? (most likely a worker)
Merlot - ??? (most likely a worker due to expansive bonus)
Quatronia - ??? (EITHER workboat or worker, most likely worker due to 2F 1H tile)
Sirius - Most likely workboat (fishing + high prod)

Edit: Amazon's CY is 3, not 4

Capital tile(s) worked

Mavericks (us) - Riverside unimproved rice (3F 1C)
Amazon - 1F 2H tile
CDZ - Working a 3F 1C tile, many possibilities. Floodplains unlikely due to Approval Rate
Merlot - Most likely a plains forest (1F 2H) or a forested grassland hill
Quatronia - Most likely a grassland forest (2F 1H)
Sirius - Forested plains hill (3H)

I tried uploading the excel files but it failed. I will try later.

*Please check the ones that I have "???" on since those are the doubtful ones. I am also intrigued about Quatronia - it seems like they're heading for Bronze Working, so they would probably be building a workboat since they've got Fishing, but they're only working a tile with 1 hammer?

We'll see if they started with workers when their cities grow (or not).

If I'm not mistaken, Amazon must be working a 1F 2H tile. If they had been working a 2F 1H tile, then their CY of 4 would have bumped the CY average to 3, since Sirius (2) + Quatronia (4) + CDZ (5) = 11. They also cannot be working a 3P tile, since an MFG of 5 would similarly have bumped the MFG average to 3 (Sirius + Quatronia + CDZ >= 10). This also means that we know Quatronia + CDZ must have exactly 5 MFG between them, which confirms our previous guess... (that is of course assuming that Amazon settled on a plains hill like the rest of us.)

Btw, Merlot's MFG is going to be listed as 4 despite their +25% towards a Worker. I have no idea why this is the case, but I've verified it by trying a game of my own.

Nice summarising above, I likes it!

Btw, Merlot's MFG is going to be listed as 4 despite their +25% towards a Worker. I have no idea why this is the case, but I've verified it by trying a game of my own.

That is good to know! Do you know if this applies to all bonus hammers - traits, forges, HE, etc all work the same way?

I loaded a Louis XIV single player game, and confirmed that my cheap forges did not affect the demo screen.

Heroic Epic effects also did not show in the Demo screen.

Building National Epic with marble also did not show in my demo screen.

I confirmed this is the same for 3.19 and 3.13.

Current state of affairs (beginning of t2)...

@javidbing,
if you see a team complete a turn, feel free to log in and take a screenshot. :)

Not much happening for a few turns. Identical to last...

Top Bottom