The future of Fall from Heaven

Civ5 increases the importance of individual units and has ranged combat (though differently implemented than DCM), 2 things initially distinguishing FFH from Civ4. Probably just a coincidence.

*weasel edit due to Dale, who needs to port Desert War to BtS with leaderheads*

AWESOME NEWS! Good luck, and just let us know when operators are standing by for orders!

As a long-time follower and player (since one of the first releases of FfH2), I can only say that this is great news.

Now, how much longer are we going to have to wait for real news (any details at all would be nice)?

Great!

Please Kael, fight against the tentacles of the non-disclosure agreement binding you and let us know something more!

I just religiously hope that it will be a turn-based strategy game.

We want permanent dungeons !
We want random encounter !
We want evil half wooden goblin-chasing ranger from Brassmoon !
We want to conquer hell !
We want to destroy heavens !
We want FLAVOUR !

:goodjob:
for me Fall from Heaven is like my beloved Master of Magic

Since you are going to make independend game then could you please make it more MoM similar? with researching spells maybe heroes inventory and some tactical combat? ;D

First, congratulations. Second, please include the "Regenerate map" button regardless of what engine you end up using.

Ahhhh, but you assume it will include the concept of a "map" or even the concept of a "button." We know basically nothing about this. And as to the 3D Faeryl, QFT!

Civ5 increases the importance of individual units and has ranged combat, 2 things initially distinguishing FFH from Civ4. Probably just a coincidence.

Ranged combat was the first SDK mod made for Civ4. I know, I made it during the beta and released it immediately after the SDK was available. ;)

It also does not feature in FfH, just it's modmods. ;)

Some would say fireballs are ranged combat. AoI also featured ranged attacks by archers.

Some would say fireballs are ranged combat. AoI also featured ranged attacks by archers.

Didn't know AoI had ranged attacks (really need to finish that some day). Fireballs nearly qualify, but creating a unit that you then use in suicide combat isn't quite the same.

Nonetheless it is FFH's ranged combat, and if they had area of effect spells early on those count too. Fireballs are different from DCM so that's why I didn't think of it.

Top Bottom