Hannibal/Quatronia Diplomacy

Time to rub in their bluff :p How about this little entagonizing follow-up?

Dear friend Quatronia:

Over a week ago the Mavericks inquired if you wished to gain Metal Casting through a deal to benefit us both. However, you did mention that you were already about to gain MC in a very few turns, which we understand.

Since you then are just about to unlock Machinery, we would be willing to sell Machinery to you so we can boost relations, as well as our power together. Please let us know what you would be willing to trade for this key tech.

:lol:

How about this:

Dear our friends in Quatronia,

Over a week ago, on July 13th specifically, the Mavericks inquired if you wished to gain Metal Casting through a deal to benefit us both. However, you did mention that you were already about to gain Metal Casting, which we understand. (Your specific quote was "we are getting Metal Casting soon.")

Since you then are just about to unlock Machinery, we would be willing to sell Machinery to you in exchange for other technologies so we can boost relations, as well as our power together. Please let us know what you would be willing to trade for this key tech.

Sincerely,
Team Maverick

This draft basically sets them the DATE that they said they were gaining MC soon.

PS: They are researching Calendar right now (2 turns to go), confirmed via espionage. So where is that Metal Casting? :lol:

Alright, I sent it. I also quoted their own rubbish back at them, just in case they are puzzled as to where we'd get such a ludicrous idea in our heads that they were a few turns away from Metal Casting :p

Let's see what the next excuse is going to be... I wonder.

Haha. I am still awaiting for return e-mails from Carthage. Looks like they have no excuse and are trying to hide their embarassment. Just to rub it in some more, I will send yet another follow-up in the final 24-hours that we pop a priest.

I'm really starting to think they don't know what they are doing anymore.

A big fault in most people is under-estimating other teams. However, in this case I really want to know what the hell Carthage is up to. Again, I don't understand why someone would want to avoid getting a free jump through two tech-tiers. It just defies explanation?

I can understand trying to keep a civ down...

I find it very surprising that they have not settled on the mainland yet (as far as we can see)... are they building another wonder? We delayed building settlers and researching Fishing/Sailing, and we aren't too far from our first city there... I figured we'd be further behind.

Well I don't know. Since they are so deaf & dumb, I forwarded the last mail we sent back to them again. Either they have a :):):):):):) as a diplo guy, or they're still ignoring us. I'll bet you they'll give the old "we thought you were insulting us" excuse again, LMFAO.

Boy... I REALLY don't get it. I might as well keep on badgering them....

Yup, we are totally being stone-walled by Carthage. I wait and pounced when they logged in. I kept clicking on private chat, they kept ignoring. I finally start chatting in open public chat... then their turn-player tells me we are in public chat and shouldn't talk. So I"m like, well click private chat.... duh.

Then he tells me he is at work (ROFLMFAO), and so doesn't have time to chat. Yet hangs around for some time doing other stuff like flipping into Org & Slavery finally... Sure.....

I really don't see that team winning.. which is good. But that doesn't mean our job is going to be any easier.

Not ignore, we need to PRETEND we are friends and allies.... so they won't see what's coming.

Not ignore, we need to PRETEND we are friends and allies.... so they won't see what's coming.

Bingo.

There's someone on these forums (can't remember who) whose signature says something like "The art of diplomacy is playing nice with everyone until you can pick up a big stick"

Mike, want to draft up some new bullsh*t message to Carthage... trying to ask them whats' going on, but in a nice-nice we want to be your friends kind of way?

Or... we blockade them with a handful of triremes. I'm certain they'll talk to us then... It just seems BS messages are going to be ignored too. They know that we know they screwed up their messages which explains why in a week no one has come to us to try and save face. I highly doubt after calling them out on their tech path they'll respond to a nicer-toned message showing friendship, not with their theoretical/probable allies in Sirius and Amazon. I should say I'm not against a BS message showing 'friendship,' I just think we need to get the ball moving communication-wise in a more forceful sure-fire way. Blockading them and stalling their expansion on the mainland - that'll get their attention and possibly bring them back to the negotiating table and tell them we are not someone to be ignored. I feel like we're acting like pushovers here - it's obvious there's a block against us. We have to step up boldly and basically say we're not someone to :):):):) around with. Just my two cents. And we have to meet Ragnar, though if we haven't seen his workboat yet we can assume one of two things - either he's an idiot and not trying for circumnavigation or, in my opinion the most likely, has had his WB blocked/sunk by the trio. If we're getting stonewalled by others because of our MC and now Mids slingshot (I'm assuming this is why no one wants to trade with us - I don't really see any other obvious reason for it), it's not a far stretch to say the others would also go out of their way to slow down another civ with a naval advantage.

The reason we got stonewalled is because Hannibal and Cyrus and Willem met first. From that point on, they allied and we were left in the dark. So far, Willem SEEMS more trustable than the other two.

They even gave us OB without me asking, despite we will get free one-way trade-routes next turn.

The last 2 turns Carthage has hit us with full spy pts. This just happens to co-incide with the threats from that DOLT Sommer. Imagine that! How do you think that arose?

I must now target Carthage again or we can't see what he's teching.

It seems this whole game revolves around Sommer giving orders and everyone licks his boots.

Greetings Team Quatronia,

We just wanted to let you know that we have elected to build the Pyramids with our great person, rather than bulb Machinery. However, we will likely have the chance to bulb that technology in the not-too-distant future, so keep that in mind for any potential tech trades.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help the Quatronian people.

Regards,
TheMike
Mavericks Diplomat

the 3 teams are allies, as simple as that. we have to live with this (now at least known) fact. we still can cope with them IF we can get into contact with ragnar and pacal fast and get them on our side...

our big advantage over ragnar and pacal right now only is that we have triremes and thats keeping the allies from closing borders on us or declaring war;)

Top Bottom