World congress, removable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VikingHaag

Chieftain
All i want to know is: is there a way to remove the world the world congress part entirely from the game be it with mods or settings?

I'm tired of it, tired tired tired bloody effing tired.

Every single AI proposal is always screwing me over, and i'm done with it.

Moderator Action: Closed at OP request
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Sounds like you need to be a little more diplomatic...

It may be an option in advanced settings when you start a game, but I don't know for sure.

It's really easy to deal with, I don't see how it's so bad. Just buy off a few AI and you are set

Sounds like you need to be a little more diplomatic...

It may be an option in advanced settings when you start a game, but I don't know for sure.

"Diplomatic"

Ok... i stay alone, don't overexpand, have trade routes with 5 civs, friends with 4, never attack, never get attacked, don't denounce, don't actively spy and guess what's the first proposal by other civs?

Embargo me, and it passes. I'm not keen on having 2-3 hours wasted by the cheating/arsehole AI.

It's really easy to deal with, I don't see how it's so bad. Just buy off a few AI and you are set

Try buying out 30 city states and 15 civs on emperor. If you can actively stop the amount of abuse i get on a Huge map's congress i'll buy you civ 6 whenever it's release.

Know what, screw this. If you're not gonna give a straight answer don't answer.

Please lock this mods since i'll not get any help beyond "l2p noob".

Well, what did you expect? If you had a legitimate complaint other than "it's too hard, AI cheating *slew of profanity*" then maybe someone would be willing to work with you to accomplish it.

As it stands, no such mod exists, and your unsavory nature ensures no one will give enough of a bother to help you. So, really, this whole thread's only redeemable quality is the poking fun of your inadequacy. You're obviously posting out of anger, and that anger fuels my soul.

And in response to the "l2p noob" I submit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yV7nK8lF8Q

Edit: not to mention removing such a major component of the game would cripple the AI and completely ruin the experience, like what in the actual hell dude.

Moderator Action: Please don't bother responding to a thread if you don't have anything useful to add to it.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Were you winning at that point in the game? It's crazy, but the AI will actually try and prevent you from winning. Stupid cheating AI right?

Were you winning at that point in the game? It's crazy, but the AI will actually try and prevent you from winning. Stupid cheating AI right?

I wasn't even remotely close to winning. I was gearing up for my massive tourism boost (culture), upgraded my 10 CB's to gatlings and started saving for hotels and next thing up i'm embargoed with -80 gpt.

There is preventing a win, then there is screwing over the player just because.

I'm playing to have decent fun, not to get insulted by a machine.

I wasn't even remotely close to winning. I was gearing up for my massive tourism boost (culture), upgraded my 10 CB's to gatlings and started saving for hotels and next thing up i'm embargoed with -80 gpt.

There is preventing a win, then there is screwing over the player just because.

I'm playing to have decent fun, not to get insulted by a machine.

You weren't number 1 in any demographics? The scores are so generic I don't even think the AI pays attention to it. Any sort of lead can lead to the computer ganging up on you to take you down. I have to ask though, what did you have that you were -80 after the embargo? Your empire was either humungous, or you had a gigantic army, either of which would lead the AI to feel threatened.

AI's will not decide to embargo you "just because". For someone to make such a proposal they must dislike you. If he's liked more than you or other civs want to befriend him, they'll agree. Unless you intervene.

This is why you either collect CS allies or send a Diplomat to more important civs, preferably both. Between the first congress meetings there's enough time that a single Diplomat spy can easily allow you to talk to everyone on Standard size and buy their votes. Even the guy who offered such a vote should be easily swayed with a Luxury Resource or two even if he dislikes you.

Be active and you are going to be juuuust alright.

You weren't number 1 in any demographics? The scores are so generic I don't even think the AI pays attention to it. Any sort of lead can lead to the computer ganging up on you to take you down. I have to ask though, what did you have that you were -80 after the embargo? Your empire was either humungous, or you had a gigantic army, either of which would lead the AI to feel threatened.

20 Units, small army for an emperor game if you ask me.

Smallest, GPT, smallest produced goods, smallest everything but tech.

Highest approvals, various DoF's, shared religions and 12 civs went order including me.

How i got -80? Very few natural gold sources, super tall cities in small numbers with virtually every building available.

I'm friendly with Montezuma, literally not a single red line in his description but a lot of green.
He chooses to embargo cotton on the first world congress. I have cotton. No one else does.
He doesn't embargo wine, which only the japanese have - and he's at war with them.

If they don't know what to propose, they'll just propose garbage. It's just annoying and really feels like it's all AI civs vs you again.

To answer your question, it is possible to disable World Congress, but it can only be applied to World Bulder maps (The option only appears there)

It is strange that you are getting Embargoed, this means that the AIs don't like you enough, and you are doing something.

There are few things you can do

First of all, Monty is one of the most irratic untrustworthy AIs in the game, everytime you see him prepare for something crazy (often it being a war with 6 Jaguars, 3 Archers against your cities of Swordsmwen and Composite Arrows)

The other thing is, use Spies as Diplomats, it is the only way for you to be able to sway a single AI (and more the more spies you have) to vote YOUR way, often by offering them a sum of gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom