Turn off Economic Victory during the game

kornelg

Chieftain
Hi,

AOD1.06 - is great!!!

I've reached Economic victory in 1583 (40k points: explorer, epic, large or standard). But, I would like to win normal DoI (didn't know Economic is so easy and quick..).

So, Is it possible to turn off Economic and Industrial vistory during the game? Either by editing savegame (hex?) or by changing the AOD mod itself (i can't find where the condition is definded).

Dale please help me!!!

Start the game via Custom Game, there you can turn victory conditions off, just like in regular civ.

I mean when the game is already running, I want to finsh it with DoI not start a new one....

You can't change the victory conditions choices in the middle of the game.
Hoiwever, you can continue playing after winning under one set of victory conditions.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

civ4-colon\mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VictoryInfo.xml

change line 114:
<iTotalGoodsTraded>40000</iTotalGoodsTraded>

:)

It would also seem that you can not declare revolution after you have achieved an economic victory. Not sure why this needs to be set like this. To get a powerful economy you have probably made the king quite upset and he will have a very large REF. His 200+ troops versus your much smaller army is a good game.

kornelg: That's what I did, editing the XML and tripling the victory number. He will probably also need to raise the Industrialization threshold (I tripled that too).

Akrux: That is correct. Basically, once you win by one method all others get turned off, including the ability to declare independence. IIRC, some time ago Dale indicated that it probably wasn't possible to change that behavior.

Top Bottom