Only 7 religions?Where are others?HELP!!!

Subotai777

Warlord
I am playing YetNotAnotherEarthMapsPack mod(Giant earth with 36 civilizations) and FalconAIDiplomacy mod.In faith screen tells me that no more religions can be found.Religions that have been found are:Catholicism,Eastern Ortodoxy,Hinduism,Islam,Judaism,Sikhism and Taoism.Where are other religions:Buddhism,Confucianism,Protestantism,Shinto,Tengriism,Zoroastrianism.Is this a mod bug or game bug???Can someone HELP me???

I cant have more than 7 religions on giant earth map???Is that what you trying to tell me???

Yes you can go into the files and change the number, but if you have more than 7 religions on the map there will be problems with no beliefs to take.

Duel = 2
Tiny = 4
Standard = 5
Large = 6
Huge = 7

You can change it in the CIV5Worlds.xml file.

Why would you set it to more than 7 when the remaining ones will not have any beliefs? Or did you just skip that part?

There are 16 follower beliefs which is space for 8 religions but possibly only 7.5 if byzantine takes the extra follow belief.

9 founder, reformation, and enhancer beliefs 8 or 9 religions based on the whims of byzantine.

If you add one more follower belief you can somewhat safely add one more religion. If you want even more religions you should work on adding more beliefs.

The game doesn't crash if the max religion is raised (but with BNW it seems to act weird if you change it to higher map, it seems to default to 5 even though the map is by default 6 max religions)

However, the problem is the engine, but the beliefs (as Chiatroll states), you can theorotically have 8 religions if Byzantium is absent, but with them in the game it is possible that Byzantium will take an additiona Follower (which, as Chiatroll has said, is 16) meaning that the 8th religion will be unable to Enhance their religion (thus, causing a problem, from my modding experience your game won't freeze but simply prevent you from enhancing).

So, what we are trying to say, there is a mod that adds loads of new beliefs, but yo ustill need to mod in more religions.

Unused pantheon beliefs could be used to increase the number of religions that can be founded.

Top Bottom