Resource icon

The Nobles' Club Bullpen: Third Cycle

adding this line to my template pour Prince games:

For players on Prince, you could use the Noble save, there's no techs to add nor units. Players have a slightly higher handicap, as computer a lighter one.

Is it grammatically correct ? english enough.

Kjotleik is right in the last NC thread, we messed up the romans numbers in our games between those two ones:
NC CLXII: Hatchepsut (Cre/Spi) - 162
NC CXLI: Augustus Caesar (Imp/Ind) - 141

I didn't pay attention when I did my last game, and took the next iteration after Genghis game.
Our current game should be NC CXLVI and not CLXVI.

Bleh !! and I even messed up the title for my game, LCXVI isn't even valid as a roman number.

I fixed the Roman numerals in the first post, and I think all the thread titles were correct.

And if they aren't correct, and you notice that, you can always ask a MOD to change the thread name. Happened to me in the past at least twice. I like the Roman numbers, they're so NClike :)! Anyways I suggest that we could just keep an eye on the numbers so we don't mess up. We could just tell the host about the mistake and s/he can tell the MODs via the alert button.

I could do the Asoka game, I'm not much of a map editor so I'll mainly stick with the rolled start. Highlands or Arboria would probably be the best map scripts.

@NZ: FYI Immortal University 102 was B&S standard size ; I thought there was a lot of room so I added an extra AI and the feedback was that the map still had too much room :crazyeye: (several AIs had enough room to go up to 15 cities iirc)

Might help

@NZ: FYI Immortal University 102 was B&S standard size ; I thought there was a lot of room so I added an extra AI and the feedback was that the map still had too much room :crazyeye: (several AIs had enough room to go up to 15 cities iirc)

Might help
Thanks - I usually go for High Sea Levels on these maps which may help but I will watch out for that!

I think you could use the players land % at the start of the game (probably more accurate with border pop) to get an estimate for how many land tiles are available on the map (there may even be an easier way to do this). Comparing this to other maps should give a decent estimation for how many AI are needed for X number of land tiles.

To check number of land tiles, just hover your pointer over your score in the bottom-right corner. Big and small usually has something in the range of 1200+ tiles, if memory serves correctly (I haven't played one in a long time...because they're too big :lol:).

Is that definitely just land tiles counted, not total tiles?

Edit: Appears that it is, good to know. I'm not sure what the x of the x/y is though. Its not the # of land tiles controlled by the player as i had assumed. I loaded a game i was playing recently and it said 22/999, but i actually controlled 35 land tiles and had 3.5% of the land in the VC screen.

I think you could use the players land % at the start of the game (probably more accurate with border pop) to get an estimate for how many land tiles are available on the map (there may even be an easier way to do this).
Yes there - you just need to hover over your score and look at the land portion, it will tell you how many land tiles there are and how many you own!

Just checked - on standard size medium sea level pangaea has 781, Continents 1,036, Big & Small 1,266!!

A small size Big & Small map has about the same number of land tiles as a standard sized pangaea!

Strangely Sea Level doesn't seem to make much difference on Big & Small maps, although it does on other types!

Yes there - you just need to hover over your score and look at the land portion, it will tell you how many land tiles there are and how many you own!

Just checked - on standard size medium sea level pangaea has 781, Continents 1,036, Big & Small 1,266!!

A small size Big & Small map has about the same number of land tiles as a standard sized pangaea!

Strangely Sea Level doesn't seem to make much difference on Big & Small maps, although it does on other types!
Interesting figures! :goodjob:

Top Bottom