First Unit - 'Hyrule Castle Guard'

Micaelus

aspiring scholar
Working with the Wheel of Time MOD has gotten me interested in full gambit of creation for C3C, so I decided to try my hand at unit creation. I went through Utahjazz's tutorial, but rather than recreate his spear unit, I perused the unit requests and came upon this Hyrule Castle Guard.

What I've done isn't identical to the above, so if it doesn't fit what Ruby Sauce was hoping for, I understand. (It does have the Hyrule logo on the armor, though at Civ Scale that is neigh impossible to see...suggestions on dealing with that problem would be appreciated.) More than anything, I wanted to get a feel for the mechanics behind the process. I've used canned animations with minor adjustments here and there for the most part, to ease the process. I'd love any feedback on, well, anything, to point me further in the right direction as I'm sure there is plenty that can be improved.

Attack(x2) - Victory - Run - Attack - Death

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8563

EDIT: Download updated...unit now appears centered in-game (oops) and minor palette issues addressed.

Finally a first post. Awesome unit. Is this unit from the Zelda series from Nintendo? Its been so long since I've played my Super NES I have forgotten.

Very nice first unit.

That is sweeet! :thumbsup:

I'd say you've got a career ahead of you!

wow! thank you very much, it looks FANTASTIC!

Awesome unit!

Great first unit, Micaelus! I expect we'll be seeing more units from you in the future?

Great job, guy!

Good job man, for a first unit it looks top-notch! There's not much I could say in terms of how to improve it. I'm no expert on the Zelda series (I've always been more of a Sega and Sony console playing person :rolleyes: ), but judging from the picture you included from the request thread, it looks very similar.

Best advice I can give you is continue practicing with making units.

Thanks all for the comments! I appreciate it a lot. Eventually I hope to get daring and do more of the animations on my own...but until then, it's great to have the work of Plotinus, Odin, etc, to use!

Good job, but...:mischief: You could make more units in the Zelda series like, Link,Zelda,Ganondorf,Sheik,Navi,Moblin,Stalfos,Octoroks,Lizalfos,Armos,Gibdos,etc.. and some Mario characters, If you cannot do it, someone else can.

Top Bottom