Fairy Tale

First, thank you for getting all the skysnake spells working again.
Now some sugestions.
In Neoteric world, they have a mod for Espionage, where the spys get experience and promotions and can become super James Bond type spys and do very much more. Can you include that in a future version?
Also, the Norse Civilization. Shouldn't their melee units all get a free promotion of Amphibious? That is what the Vikings were good at, raids from the sea. Not just the melee units, but the Queen, Prince, Princess, and Emperor too, when (if) they get them?
Can you make a Recon unit that can fly, scout out from a city to spy out the area, but not attack? Call it a Flying Carpet, or Flying Monkeys?

Le Sage has moved all his efforts to a new Fairy Tale expansion, which you can find here.

Soro,

LeSage hasnt touched that project since October of last year. Last I heard, months ago, he scrapped it.

Soro,

LeSage hasnt touched that project since October of last year. Last I heard, months ago, he scrapped it.

He's got a post up from 11/10 in which he speaks of having found a backup of his thought-lost work, and talk of moving onto Fairy Tale 2. Though you're right, it's been a while.

Actually, Le Sage's modding orientation has greatly changed:
He is doing nude skins and slutty lingerie for Sims 2 :mischief:

Actually, Le Sage's modding orientation has greatly changed:
He is doing nude skins and slutty lingerie for Sims 2 :mischief:

I'd like to see that :D

Might make a nice change of pace if he could add it to barbarian hordes.

Hah! That gave me a good laugh! :lol:

It's too bad this mod has stopped serious development. I found it to be quite fun, and it's nice to have a fantasy theme without changing large aspects of how it plays.

Yep, he said that in another thread
He was totally disappointed in Civ V - which I can absolutely understand
Yet he doesn't want to come back modding Civ IV - which I cannot :/
Civ IV is the game that absolutely deserves to keep it's mods updated, and Fairy Tale was a great mod for it

Yep, he said that in another thread
He was totally disappointed in Civ V - which I can absolutely understand
Yet he doesn't want to come back modding Civ IV - which I cannot :/
Civ IV is the game that absolutely deserves to keep it's mods updated, and Fairy Tale was a great mod for it

Agreed on all counts. He ought to at least play his mod for a bit, to get back in the feel of the game. Might inspire him.

Hey, mates. I am still around every now and then and checking on stuff in the Civilization world.

I am not modding slutty lingerie for The Sims 2, although I think that would be a better career than modding Civ 5 right now. I was disappointed in Civ 5, yes, but I also have a bit of hope in it still and keep trying it out at every new patch released.

Right now, I am working on a mod for Oblivion called Dibella's Watch, which is, pretty much like Fairy Tale, a one-man-crusade. I also hope to mod Skyrim when it's released in November. The Elder Scrolls, along with the Civilization series, is my all-time favourite game series.

As for Fairy Tale, I found some old files that I created while working on an expansion for it. I might release those later on, because they were in quite a good condition. I haven't played Fairy Tale for several months, unfortunately, since all my attention has been focused on Oblivion and Dibella's Watch. I might play Fairy Tale again one of these days, if nothing else, so just for old time's sake.

Good to hear that you're still here mate. You should do a surprise comeback in the near future and surpsrise us with good news returning to modding civ 4. Don't you think so too?

Right now, I am working on a mod for Oblivion called Dibella's Watch, which is, pretty much like Fairy Tale, a one-man-crusade. I also hope to mod Skyrim when it's released in November. The Elder Scrolls, along with the Civilization series, is my all-time favourite game series.

That's you? I'm one of your mod's fans, been in touch with you, before--fable2 up on Wolflore, Balakirev (the guy who modded the mannequin series with selectable weapon/shield/magical gestures, etc, for all races) on TES Nexus. Small world.

As for Fairy Tale, I found some old files that I created while working on an expansion for it. I might release those later on, because they were in quite a good condition. I haven't played Fairy Tale for several months, unfortunately, since all my attention has been focused on Oblivion and Dibella's Watch. I might play Fairy Tale again one of these days, if nothing else, so just for old time's sake.

Well, you do excellent work. So we'll give you some time...but if a very large man named Vito knocks on your door at 2 AM some morning, you'll know you've pushed your luck. ;)

Hey, VeBear! Nice to see you're still going strong too! Are you working on something these days? Did you leave Civ5 altogether?

Soro: Wow! Isn't the world a small place, eh? Yeah, I remember we've had a discussion or two in the Oblivion parrallell universe. Real fun to see you here too!

And yeah, Vito. I know him. He's not a guy to toy around with. :D

That looks really good. Especially the Gaddaffi Libya should be of interest to a lot of people. An excellent way to join the game with current world politics.

The LH was Den's work though, and I think he might deserve a congratz from you in his thread ;)

Top Bottom