THE My most freequent occurence of.... THREAD

I don't think you are. I play on two different machines, and occaisionally three. On my two machines, I get similar leaders and relations modifiers (except for Cathy) on vanilla BTS. If I play on my roommate's computer, I get different results. And it gets really strange if I use my profile to play and not his. I know that the AI is not smart enough to adjust leader reactions and selection based on the name of the player, but it sure seems that way...

That is interesting. I wonder if the random number generator somehow bases its calculations on PC architecture and player name instead of something clock based.
*strokes chin*
Of course, there would still need to be a third element. Perhaps the clock as well. There's probably someone on the boards somewhere with the ability to find out.
Computerised randomness is fascinating no? :)

That is interesting. I wonder if the random number generator somehow bases its calculations on PC architecture and player name instead of something clock based.
*strokes chin*
Of course, there would still need to be a third element. Perhaps the clock as well. There's probably someone on the boards somewhere with the ability to find out.
Computerised randomness is fascinating no? :)

Chanceons.....

Come back here Charonicus!
It turned out to be the inverse tachyon generator I found in the basement yesterday... ;)

The biggest statistical variance I've found with AI play came in relation to patches, expansion CDs, and in one case forgetting that I'd swapped washington's Ibuildunitprob to make him twice as likely to build units as Shaka with a lower peaceweight and a higher necessary power gap to DoW. Whoops.

OK, this one really grates on my nerves:

I just used a Combat I Chariot to attack a barb warrior protected town. 76.3% chance. I lost. With the barb taking no damage...... :mad:

three times in a row!

EDIT: No. 4 won, barely, but No. 5 lost to the second warrior AGAIN!

my military has taken a 25% loss now, for no gain.

The biggest statistical variance I've found with AI play came in relation to patches, expansion CDs, and in one case forgetting that I'd swapped washington's Ibuildunitprob to make him twice as likely to build units as Shaka with a lower peaceweight and a higher necessary power gap to DoW. Whoops.

Slightly off topic...

Does that make Washington THE best fighter in the entire game of Civ IV??

It certainly sounds like you make a AI that would ALWAYS crush anyone under thier boots?

And what did that do to your games?

On topic...

I ALWAYS seem to miss out on techs by 1 turn. Since I use espionage alot, I can even see it happening from up to 5 turns away >.<

I also ALWAYS seem to win 80% odds... much more than I think is normal... I seem to be the only person who seems to think that 80% means you will win 90% of the time :p Of course, I have had my times when the RNG made me pull my hair out (Like the time the collateral damage smacked ALL my CG Longbows to a huge amount, leaving just 2 Drill Chu-ko-nu to defend. It was a tight battle, and I *just* won, but it should have been an easy victory...)

You know you are in a tight spot when your third non-seige attack is a loss >.<

Slightly off topic...

Does that make Washington THE best fighter in the entire game of Civ IV??

It certainly sounds like you make a AI that would ALWAYS crush anyone under thier boots?

And what did that do to your games?

On topic...

I ALWAYS seem to miss out on techs by 1 turn. Since I use espionage alot, I can even see it happening from up to 5 turns away >.<

I also ALWAYS seem to win 80% odds... much more than I think is normal... I seem to be the only person who seems to think that 80% means you will win 90% of the time :p Of course, I have had my times when the RNG made me pull my hair out (Like the time the collateral damage smacked ALL my CG Longbows to a huge amount, leaving just 2 Drill Chu-ko-nu to defend. It was a tight battle, and I *just* won, but it should have been an easy victory...)

You know you are in a tight spot when your third non-seige attack is a loss >.<

It's incredibly vicious. It tends to tech poorly but it was given high cottage spam tendency and tech-whore trade tendencies to compensate. It's very powerful against other AIs but a human player could probably counter the spam with strategy and flatten it...unless it spawned right next to you. Good luck with the 20 swords/axes before 1 AD then lol.

You have made me REALLY want to create a small mod with a new empire with those leader traits...

I might make 2 custom leaders... who knows? One to be the best pacifist tech-trader, and another to be the best war-mongerer to ever see reality :D

So let me get this straight. All we have to do to increase randomness in our Civ games is fire an inverse tachyon ray at the dilithium crystals to make them release more chanceons? :p

I think this thread has descended enough into general chitchat that we're about to suffer a -1 diplo hit from the mods.
-1 you used a thread for general conversation!

I'm moving my troops to a different thread before this one gets closed. :p

When I was building my first Keshik in my earth 18 Mongol game, my only pasture first was destroyed by volcano, then by volcano again (still not finished it, marathon speed!), and then by fire ants. Despite the god of gorses hating me I built it finally and others.

Rest of the game, the fire ant event only happened once more and volcano not at all. Weird.

Today's contribution:

rebuilding map for Portugal game. I wanted a coastal start on a 'shuffle' map that turned out to be 'archipelago'. Not asking too much, am I?

I was..... 12 times in a row I was handed a landlocked start :lol:

No. 13 had water, indeed - plus a LOT of Tundra and mountains. And no fish/clam/crab within 10 tiles of the starting position :mad:

In an archepelago multiplayer game with my son I was three turns from finishing the Great Lighthouse when a hurricane destroyed my lighthouse. I got it rebuilt and finished the GLH just 1 turn before my son did.:crazyeye:

I kill off Sitting Bull and take his last city. And bad things just keep happening to this city (forests burn, forges burn, slave revolts, hurricanes, earthquakes, "dogs and cats living together...real wrath of God type stuff"). So, frustrated and in a fit of pique, I moved the garrison out of town, went into WB and erased the city. I marked the site of it with city ruins and a sign that said "Ancient Indian Burial Ground - Do Not Disturb". :D

My Noble Club game: I sent 14 warriors to Hammy's capital on an early rush. He had a bowman and a warrior in it. His bowman killed every one of my warriors. :mad:
I know the bowman gets bonuses, but jeez! I seem to have a really hard time attacking any unit before the modern era. The odds are against me. I lose and I lose bad.

My Noble Club game: I sent 14 warriors to Hammy's capital on an early rush. He had a bowman and a warrior in it. His bowman killed every one of my warriors. :mad:
I know the bowman gets bonuses, but jeez! I seem to have a really hard time attacking any unit before the modern era. The odds are against me. I lose and I lose bad.

Want to know what your problem was? Trying to use a warrior on anything not a warrior. You don't need tanks and infantry, try axes next time. :king:

And after the early rush period: seige.

Want to know what your problem was? Trying to use a warrior on anything not a warrior. You don't need tanks and infantry, try axes next time. :king:

And after the early rush period: seige.

I'm sure that Lemon Merchant is aware of the significant limitations on the use of Warriors (that's why she brought so many of them). I'm presuming there were some exigent circumstances involved (close spawn and blocked off?).

Tough luck, Lemon. You'd have thought that eventually some bum with a club would've gotten a lucky strike in. :)

I'm sure that Lemon Merchant is aware of the significant limitations on the use of Warriors (that's why she brought so many of them). I'm presuming there were some exigent circumstances involved (close spawn and blocked off?).

Tough luck, Lemon. You'd have thought that eventually some bum with a club would've gotten a lucky strike in. :)

Looking it up a Bowman seems to basically be an archer and axeman combined... poor little warriors sent to their graves. I get the logic behind "if I throw enough of them at it with <0.01%, eventually one will kill it!" but I've found except for seige this doesn't work very well...

Even in the worst circumstances, I can't help but think an archer rush might've been better. At least then there wouldn't be that 50% melee bonus. Not that I've ever seen an archer rush pulled off successfully, but it could happen. Sorry if I came off as rude though, just seems like a sad fate for those poor warriors. Note that the enemy having a first strike chance increases the odds of them taking no damage.

But regardless of the rush itself, he said he had issues with being offensive before the modern era. So there's an underlying flaw somewhere in the strategy... probably seige?

Top Bottom