[MOD] Eusebius World Religions

Eusebius said:
Making bug fixes for the new release and got a new one...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvAppInterface", line 46, in onSave
File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\pickle.py", line 1386, in dumps
File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\pickle.py", line 214, in __init__
SystemError: unknown opcode

None of these are my files. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eusebius
That' why I wouldn't include any other mods until you got rid of your own bugs;)

Is this mod backwards compadable, since I dont have warlord.

Edit: Too many errors when trying to load this mod. Apperently it is not backwards compadable and cannot load it with Vanilla Civ4 :mad:.

Ploeperpengel said:
That' why I wouldn't include any other mods until you got rid of your own bugs;)
Believe it or not that bug is comeing from something intereacting with the warlords base system.....

Ket said:
Believe it or not that bug is comeing from something intereacting with the warlords base system.....
Still I think this should stay clean of other mods also to maintain plugability. I could imagine many mods could use this as soon it works. I'm not only suggesting this because I might have use for its mechanics in WH too I personally think this mod really is a must have for any mod out there which wants to have some sort of realistic religion- but maybe that's just me talking...

No I agree 100% this mod is going to be a MUST....

The whole of the world adopted the Native viewpiont, they treated it like a religion. Have not seen, helenistic or confusius, Native just up and took over the world in about 20 turns. Are the worldviews suposed to act just like religions or is my python messed up. Also I founded Shinto I have Nationalsim, A great prophet, and the button to found tenrykio wont let me found it, and says that it requires the Tenrykio holy city. I really like the flavor this mod has brought to religion.

Eusebius said:
Making bug fixes for the new release and got a new one...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvAppInterface", line 46, in onSave
File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\pickle.py", line 1386, in dumps
File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\pickle.py", line 214, in __init__
SystemError: unknown opcode

None of these are my files. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eusebius

This one went away as quickly as it appeared. I'm pretty sure it was simply a corrupt environment. (I'll know better if it comes back.:confused: )

E.

CivGeneral said:
Is this mod backwards compadable, since I dont have warlord.

Edit: Too many errors when trying to load this mod. Apperently it is not backwards compadable and cannot load it with Vanilla Civ4 :mad:.

Sorry, no it is not backwards compatible. If you are a modder and want a version that is fairly close, I can do that. But there will undoubtedly be "some assembly required" for it to work.

Eusebius

tlucky4life said:
The whole of the world adopted the Native viewpiont, they treated it like a religion. Have not seen, helenistic or confusius, Native just up and took over the world in about 20 turns. Are the worldviews suposed to act just like religions or is my python messed up. Also I founded Shinto I have Nationalsim, A great prophet, and the button to found tenrykio wont let me found it, and says that it requires the Tenrykio holy city. I really like the flavor this mod has brought to religion.

Good catch on Tenrikyo. Fixed that one right before the 0.30 release I just made.

The wordviews are religions that spread faster, are never eliminated and don't have the more advanced kinds of buildings. Also, there can only ever be one in a city.

Mesoamericanism is founded by building Chichen Itza.
Confuciansim is founded by building the Forbidden Palace.
Hellenism is founded by building The Parthenon.

Eusebius

I take it as I should merge .30 in and do the release now?

:)

Ket said:
You might want me to handle the file database download for the Add-On that was I can make sure that it stays updated with the latest version of both of our code. Don't worry I'll be sure to give you credit for it.

Great! I think this should work as-is, but I'm not tracking your releases closely so you might have done one since and I'll feel better if you check it anyway.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/84015/AddonToKet_EusebiusWorldReligionV0-30.rar

I am going to delete the file database entry I put up earlier in the week so you can do a new one.

Cheers,
Eusebius

Eusebius
The wordviews are religions that spread faster, are never eliminated and don't have the more advanced kinds of buildings. Also, there can only ever be one in a city.
Eusebius

I know but should they act as a religion? I had six nations telling me to switch my state religion from Shinto to Native Americanism. Even being a member of the Native American church I found this kind of strange. I agree that there should be different world views I just think they should work in a different way. Suggestion; They should have permanant diplomatic concequences that polorize different regions of the world at specific times. Building a wonder would spread an idea that would spread quickly to the countries around ouy. Give a permanat + to a country that gets the idea and a - for other ethos(es). Thats just my opinion, I really like your mod. Great work.

From some reason, it keeps telling me there is some problem with CvScreensInterface, line 567, "onClose" isn't allowed or something.

Maybe it's just me, but still, it is annoying.

Winner said:
From some reason, it keeps telling me there is some problem with CvScreensInterface, line 567, "onClose" isn't allowed or something.

Maybe it's just me, but still, it is annoying.

That would be annoying! Anyone else seeing this?

Winner, could you please post a saved game and the error2 logfile?

Thanks,
E

It appears that it doesn't work at all (I can't build the wonders needed to start a religion etc.). The problem lies probably in my installation of Warlords. I'll try to reinstall it.

Sorry for the bother.

EDIT: It appears to work fine now - obviously, my previous Warlords installation was somehow unable to work smoothly with my previous Civ4 installation. I have no idea why, but I deleted and reinstalled both of them and all works exactly like it should now.

Again, I apologize ;)

After playing this mod alot and some own SDK modding to trying to improve things i have come to the conclusion that this mod are crippeling the AI severely in several ways.

Just to mention one problem:
Some religions requires a prophet to found a religion. The human player can determine if he wants to save a prophet to use at a later time, for example to found a religion. A AI player wont make that kind of judgement. This meaning if an human player are researching a technology that are giving him the possibility to found a religion he will save a prophet if he get the opportunity while the AI do not even consider this.

This is just one of the huge flaws with this mod and the AI behaviour that will give human players a advantage. In multiplayer this mod have no such problems. I will probably have a SDK mod that fix the problem i mention above redy in a day or two. But the question is how to make the AI to understand the rest of the changes so that the AI can make the right judgement.

Morkul said:
After playing this mod alot and some own SDK modding to trying to improve things i have come to the conclusion that this mod are crippeling the AI severely in several ways.

Just to mention one problem:
Some religions requires a prophet to found a religion. The human player can determine if he wants to save a prophet to use at a later time, for example to found a religion. A AI player wont make that kind of judgement. This meaning if an human player are researching a technology that are giving him the possibility to found a religion he will save a prophet if he get the opportunity while the AI do not even consider this.

This is just one of the huge flaws with this mod and the AI behaviour that will give human players a advantage. In multiplayer this mod have no such problems. I will probably have a SDK mod that fix the problem i mention above redy in a day or two. But the question is how to make the AI to understand the rest of the changes so that the AI can make the right judgement.

I agree that this does give human players a big advantage over AI. I already taught myself Python and XML to do this mod, so I'm not yet ready to jump into SDK--but I'm glad you are/have! :goodjob: I'll be most curious to see what you come up with.

This is probably out of scope, but I have been wondering what it would be like to define AI objectives based on leader traits. In this case, you might say that spiritual leaders hang on to prophets until Universalism, or that aggressive leaders hold on for Prophet-King.

Have you had a chance to make any observations about the appropriateness of spread-rates and city conversion rates under v0.30? The small number of hours I am putting into playing aren't really giving me a large enough sample size to get a handle on that.

Thanks,
Eusebius

Oo, oo, Morkul, if you are going to look at SDK work for this mod, let me mention my wish list...
  1. A python function that gets called when a civ changes state religion, with civ, old religion, new religion as parameters.
  2. The ability to set diplomacy changes with a reason given that shows up in the user interface. So users could see something like "-2 Your worldview is strange to us". Currently the -2 is in there, but users can't see it.
Anyway, I understand if this is too much hassle, but I thought I would put it out there.

Eusebius

I'll submit those to impaler for CCCP inclusion.

Top Bottom