Solving Bugs

I think I may have found a slight error in the air strike combat regarding pre-modern units. Upon trying my first game with Communitas 3.1.4.1 for Civ 5 BNW as the German's I was the first to reach Flight and built my first bombers.

When I attempted to perform an air strike against a Medieval Knight unit or a City I was completely surprised to find that my WWI bomber was expected to take 25% damage anticipated in the attacks.

Doesn't that seem a bit off? How exactly would *any* pre-WWI (Modern) unit have a snowball's chance in hell in shooting at a bomber when they A) This Civ's cities or military units don't have any rifles whatsoever and B) Even if we granted I was attacking a musketman unit how would they even be able to hit a plane flying at 5,000+ feet, well beyond the range of any musket or 18th century cannon assuming they could point it that high up in the sky.

May I suggest that any pre-modern unit or city have 0% chance of hitting an airplane until they acquire artillery (flak guns) or actually have rifled units? Historically the civilizations that had flight could attack with impunity any city or military unit that did not without fear of damage. Like the first Civ to be able to create musket man, this should offer a decisive advantage of bombing or strafing units without fear of any damage at all (or a 1% chance or less for a one in a million shot).

Think Avatar when the humans attacked Home Tree and you get the picture of what I mean.

In case the author disagrees with the idea of completely negating any damage to airplane against units or cities that are pre-Modern, would this be hard to modify on my own using the Civ 5 mod tools for units and cities?

Kind Regards,
Koinonos

Thank you Sir! The Communitas mods are excellent, and I look forward to see this strategic inflection point added to the mod.

Kind Regards,
Koinonos

Just pulled down the latest Communitas 3.17 version for Civ 5 BNW and Played the French. On version 3.16 once I researched the Gatling guns I could upgrade Musketeers & Arquebusiers to Gatling guns since they are classified as Archery units. I also posted this update in a second link because I am not sure which link you prefer 3.17 bug updates with - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13345823#post13345823

In CEG version 3.17 Muskateers & Arquebusiers are no longer up-gradable, but Crossbowman are upgradeable to Gatling guns. So this looks like a feature regression. And by not upgradeable I mean they will not upgrade to musketman or gatling guns. They won't upgrade to anything in the Industrial Era.

Repro Steps:
===========

1.) Install Communitas 3.17 into the Civ 5 mods folder.
2.) Install IGE latest version into the Civ 5 mods folder.
3.) Start a Mod game in the Industrial Era as the French.
4.) Use IGE to give yourself the tech updates necessary for Gatling Gun (Steampower), and 2000 gold to purchase unit upgrades.
5.) Use IGE to give yourself a Crossbowman, a Musketeer, and an Arqebusier.
6.) Attempt to upgrade the Crossbowman, and notice that it will upgrade to a Gatling gun.
7.) Attempt to upgrade the Musketeer, and notice that it will not upgrade to anything (no upgrade button displayed).
8.) Attempt to upgrade the Arquebusier, and notice that it will not upgrade to anything (no upgrade button displayed).

Hmm. That's not intended and not something I experienced at all. I will have to look at the upgrades file for the mod itself.

Crossbows should upgrade to GG, and arques should upgrade to muskets (and muskets to rifles, and so on). That's the intended design. They will not upgrade to gatling guns anymore and they are not classified as archery units. They should be normal gunpowder units now.

Update: If all you did is give steam power, then you shouldn't be able to upgrade the arques to muskets and so on (it would require a different tech).

I actually played the full game from Ancient Era and when I saw I couldn't update the Musketeers to Gatlings once I hit the Industrial Era with Steampowered - I stopped and posted here, perhaps not realizing that your above response means that in Communitas version 3.17 I need to keep researching until I can get to Musketman/Riflemen and then I should see the ability to upgrade Musketeers?

If so then I will go play a little longer and see if that holds true. ;-)

I can't seem to see the convert production into gold, science, or any international project mod or otherwise. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

I can't seem to see the convert production into gold, science, or any international project mod or otherwise. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Not sure what you mean, but this mod is not developed or maintained anymore, so if what you are reporting is a bug, nobody will be fixing it.

Many good parts of CEP were absorbed in the Community Balance Patch, so if you are looking for an overhaul mod which makes Civ5 a more fun and balanced experience, install from here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034

I suggest to read the unfied changelog first, because the volume of changes might be a bit overwhelming at first. Also the first 2 difficulties were scraped, and the AI is performing much much better than in vanilla, so you'd better lower your difficulty settings a bit for your first game.

Can not play the mod: have no ability to choose production. I have only mods from the pack activated.

Can not play the mod: have no ability to choose production. I have only mods from the pack activated.

The Communitas mod is no longer developed or supported (hasn't been for several years now), parts of it had been incorporated in the Vox Populi (ex Community Patch Project):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497

If you insist on playing the Communitas for some strange reason, you can try clearing the cache and the ModUserData folders and then reinstalling the Communitas. If it does not help, you can verify the game integrity at Steam and move all other mods from the MODs folder (yes, even inactive mods can (rarely) have impact).

And a silly question: you have used mods before and you are clicking the "Next" button after activating the mods, correct? You are not going back to the base game menu ... ?

Top Bottom