Civ World Questions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

Yes I belive the effects of Great People are "Stackable". I think each gives a +5% bonus to thier respective resource.

Yes Palace upgrades will raise the effectiveness of all citizens using it as a drop off point.

Not sure about other citizens using other drop off points... but I believe so.

Her are my questions:

Is there a place in the game where you can see what Era you are on? Who won the other era's and How many more Era's there are?

Does the game end when one team has won enough Era victories to make it impossible for the other teams to win? Or does the game continue to the last era regardless?

Can someone explain how Mini Wonders work? Do they count towards victory conditions? How long do they last?

If you attack another Civ and get enough Wonders from them to win an Era, do you win the Era?

What happens to your Wonder Count at the end of the Era if you win by aquiring say 5 Wonders? Does it go to six next Era and you only need to build 1 more or does it reset and you need to build 5 new wonders?

I think most people would just leave the Civ and join someone else rather than work for the enemy.

A conquered player would not be able to leave.

Their option would be
1. Resist and hope to get Liberated (They might have to pay a tax on resources generated... X% of their resources generated are automatically sold on the Market and that gold is given to the Normal players)... but they could use the remainder of their resources to Build their town and Build Military units. (that could be used to help liberate them to independent status, or back into their old empire if it attacked)

2. Join the enemy (attempt to move their rank up from Conquered-> Normal).. by contributing Science, Culture, and Gold to the conquering empire. [the Conquering empire would have to allow them to do this.]

Quick question: how do you upgrade your palace? And is it even necessary if you have all the appropriate things upgraded instead (granary, village green etc.)?

The era you can see on your city screen in the top right. Mouseover to see the victory conditions. All the eras I think are listed in the wiki. The only way you can see who won the last era is by looking at the recent news. Game continues to the last era.

I think the wonders reset every era.

Also its a shame there is no victory screen once the game is over, all you get is a brand new civ. I guess that will change in the future.

What do the luxury resources do? I just bought marble, but don't know how to access it or what it does. =|

Also, what do Great People do? Looks like they improve overall production etc by a certain amount, but how come you can only devote one to a wonder?

Further question: Where is the music? I hear sound effects, but no music. :O

What do the luxury resources do? I just bought marble, but don't know how to access it or what it does. =|
Nothing except for potentially raise or lower in value. On average they will rise over the course of the game, but they can drop by quite a lot temporarily too.

They're mainly useful for investing in when you haven't got anything to do with your gold.

Don't buy too many of any one type unless you are confident you know what you're doing because you can lose a lot of gold. They can be used to make a lot of gold if done right.
Also, what do Great People do? Looks like they improve overall production etc by a certain amount, but how come you can only devote one to a wonder?
Great people add 5% modifer to the production of a particular resource type (food, hammers, gold, research, culture) and they stack. They can also be put to wonders as you know, where they get consumed. I'm guessing the reason you can only do 1 is to force teamwork, and perhaps also to ensure only actual civs can build wonders rather than individuals (or am I mistaken?).
Further question: Where is the music? I hear sound effects, but no music. :O
Small music samples are played occasionally at certain events. For example, when an era victory is won.

Music is also played when you click on "Detail" to inspect a particular civ (from the Civs screen).

There might be other times music is played.. I'm not sure.

Ok, some more questions:

-Food has a drop off point in the granary. What about the other resources, do they have drop off points other than the Palace?

-Does having multiple granaries benefit you at all?

-How much does a worker producing 10 production make per hour, if I don't click the pop ups? (or similar amounts for any other resource)?

-When you recycle an upgraded building (like a library), do you get the upgrade resources back too?

Ok, some more questions:

-Food has a drop off point in the granary. What about the other resources, do they have drop off points other than the Palace?
Yes many buildings are drop off points for other resources. They are in the tooltip for the buildings in the menu.

As far as I know the palace can serve as a drop off point for all resources. Village greens work only for gold, science and culture, and factories only work for production resources - stone, iron and lumber.
-Does having multiple granaries benefit you at all?
You can always check for yourself. If you build a granary without upgrading it, you can always demolish it again and get 100% of your hammers back. Only once you upgrade it do you start to lose hammers if you decide to remove/move it.

But to answer the question, multiple granaries can help if it makes the distance to some farms shorter. The yield of a citizen working a farm will decrease the further that citizen has to walk between his house, farm and drop off point.
-How much does a worker producing 10 production make per hour, if I don't click the pop ups? (or similar amounts for any other resource)?
I'm not sure, but my guess is 10.
-When you recycle an upgraded building (like a library), do you get the upgrade resources back too?

No. Well, it depends on the building. When you choose the recycle tool from the menu, hovering over a building will tell you how many hammers you will get back. Every building that's a drop-off point has 4 levels: small, modest, large, ginormous. The cost to upgrade all 3 times is the same, but different for different building types. e.g. for lumbermill it is 150 per upgrade, for iron forge it's 250 per upgrade.

What's the point of medals?

Is it possible to invite someone to play with me - and if so, how?

How do I get to play multiple games?

Earning a medal gives you a promotion, increasing your rank in your civilization. It also gives you the corresponding minister position.

What happens when you are off-line? Does an AI take over, or do you stagnate, or what?

What happens when you are off-line? Does an AI take over, or do you stagnate, or what?

Your citizens continue to produce and your harvests, maze moves, puzzle moves and trade game prize value continue to stack up.

If you grow offline then your new citizen isn't working until you come back and build a house.

If you finish a tech offline then the additional beakers gained are saved until you come back.

The annoying part is for wars. If the defense minister is offline during war then the AI randomly assigns the battle moves for you.

What's the point of medals?

Is it possible to invite someone to play with me - and if so, how?

How do I get to play multiple games?

It is now possible to invite facebook friends to join the game. Click on your player icon in the top left and go to 'my games'. The button is on the game you are playing.

The annoying part is for wars. If the defense minister is offline during war then the AI randomly assigns the battle moves for you.

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Stances are assigned by the players who own the stacks; the AI doesn't mess with that. Attack patterns are random regardless of whether anyone is online.

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Stances are assigned by the players who own the stacks; the AI doesn't mess with that. Attack patterns are random regardless of whether anyone is online.

I see thought that is why we lost our battle...I may have been misinformed. Can the minister remove the annoying single unit stacks?

Voting question:

Is there a time limit on votes? I'm playing a game where I'm part of a large civ. A vote to attack a useless civ has been up for most of the game now, with not enough people voting it down. Is it just going to take up our slots forever?

Related question: How does the political minister use his ability?

Can the minister remove the annoying single unit stacks?
The defense minister can change stances of every stack and also remove a stack.
But once a stack has been removed, it has also been removed from the battle screen.

Top Bottom