Shall we try to get into a game?

I would like to play as well.

I assume you mean 1pm PDT. 1pm PST is 2pm on west coast clocks because Daylight Saving Time is in effect.

that wont work for me :(

I'm 13 hours ahead, so it would be like 4 in the morning (Sat)

Could you make it about 4 hours later or about 6 hours earlier?

I'm also PST + 12 or 13....not sure how it works with daylight savings.

I think it would be good though if the team had people from all different time zones, so that our Civ could get some luvin 24/7! :)

How about PST 11am?

I can't do earlier, unfortunately. Let's stick with the 1pm PDT, for this round, and catch anyone who misses it in the next game.

ok, so when you guys start post the game number and civ on this thread, maybe we can join a few hours late.

I really don't understand the joining function. If they aren't your friend on facebook, I was under the impression you'd never make it in the game because it will come off the list of two games you can join after a few hours.

There is a 3x3 grid for my games. Top row shows one game I am in, 2nd row shows 3 games friends are in and 3rd row looks to be for completed games. So are you saying eventually the top-middle and top-right boxes will open up for me to select games, or are my open games for selecting blocked by my friends games being listed?

Also I'd like to suggest (in the event you can't join a game late unless they are your friend) that either someone volunteers them-self to be fb friends with the people who can't make it or that we make a dummy account for people to friend and someone who can make it gets the dummy account in.

I would be interested in joining too. I'm getting frustrated in my current game because of the lack of teamwork.

.... or are my open games for selecting blocked by my friends games being listed?

Yes. In my games list I only have one game on the middle row which has one FB friend playing in. The other two games on that row are new games starting.

The timing for everyone here to join the same game is going to be really hit and miss because they fill up so fast, so I guess the only other way to join would be to actually become FB friends and then get invited that way.

A dummy account would be a good idea, but I don't think FB lets you register dummy accounts does it?

It would be good to have my own dummy account just to play this game because I don't really want to befriend people who aren't real friends just for the sake of Civ World....you know what I mean.

Well we'd only need one dummy account for everyone to be friends with to get into the game. After we get into the game, you can even remove the dummy account from your friends list if you really care. I personally don't see any problem with playing on my real fb account with other people. Just change your privacy settings.

Look, I don't KNOW if this is going to work, so we're just going to try it, okay?

I'm up for this too :) I've been a lurker on these boards for a couple of years but I'd like to get involved with this :)

Also a question, at the moment I have no friends playing the game, if I add someone who plays then I can join an existing game with them in it? Just 'cause my actual FB account is in a game, but I'd be happy to make a dummy one to play if I have to.

Cheers

Also, if we have a game number, how exactly do you join that game number?

If you're online close to when it starts, it should show up in your "Games Available" screen (unless you have too many games with friends in them, maybe). Otherwise, you'll either need a fbook friend in the game or possibly an invite from a current player, I think (maybe both?).

Can someone who will be there make a dummy fb account and get the dummy in?

Top Bottom