Updated AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that should do it. This looks like a monumental work, I'm really looking forward to seeing all these new civs.

If you have any idea or feedback, don't hesitate! We are three maintainers currently but Sogroon mostly do all the work!
This pack cannot be merged with the main mod as it would add too much new content.

Version 1.5
- Removed obsolete text files (~850 tags)
- Changed Benin and Uyghur colors (Sogroon)

Doesn't seem to work with the latest version?

And rev910 seems to be very unstable in general. Is there a way to go back to 909?

Check that it hasn't been disabled. In the launcher -> Community > Modules. It works for me at least.
About the instability, we're looking to resolve it. You cannot revert using the launcher currently but you can download a full copy of the repository here: https://sourceforge.net/p/anewdawn/code/HEAD/tarball (replace HEAD by the revision you want, here 909). Then extract the mod folder in Trunk/.

@sogroon: I've found that Austria and Japan have exactly the same color. When they are next to each others, the borders merge and we can't see the limit. Could you change the Austria tone a bit?

To fix: A user reported me that Dufour, the Switzerland leader, has the trait "seafaring". That is quite a funny bug report. We should change him to protective/humanitarian looking at his history.

Don't worry. I'll try to check that out when I have time but I prefer to focus on the main mod as you can also maintain this!

To fix: The hunnic flag art path is incorrect.

To fix: A user reported me that Dufour, the Switzerland leader, has the trait "seafaring". That is quite a funny bug report. We should change him to protective/humanitarian looking at his history.

Hmm.. I think he should be Protective/Scientific instead. Thoughts?

Biography:
Spoiler :
Guillaume Henri Dufour was a Swiss general, bridge engineer, and topographer. He served under Napoleon I and led the Swiss forces to victory against the Sonderbund. He presided over the First Geneva Convention which established the international Red Cross. He was the most famous president of the Swiss Federal Office of Topography from 1838 to 1865. The Dufourspitze (the highest mountain in Switzerland) in Monte Rosa Massif is named for him. Dufour's father Benedict was a Genevan watchmaker and farmer, who sent his son to school in Geneva, where he studied drawing and medicine. In 1807, Dufour travelled to Paris to join the Ecole Polytechnique, then a military academy. He studied descriptive geometry under Jean Nicolas Pierre Hachette, and graduated in 1809, going on to study study military engineering at the Ecole d'Application. In 1810, he was sent to help defend Corfu against the British, and spent his time mapping the island's old fortifications. By 1814, he had returned to France and was awarded the Croix de la Legion d'Honneur for his work repairing fortifications at Lyons. In 1817, he returned to Geneva to become the commander of the Canton of Geneva's military engineers, as well as professor of mathematics at the University of Geneva, his duties included preparing a map of the Canton. In 1847, now-general Guillaume-Henri Dufour led a Swiss federal army of 100,000 and defeated the Sonderbund under Johan-Ulrich von Salis-Soglio in a month-long campaign. He ordered his troops to spare the injured, anticipating the formation of the Red Cross which he presided over a few years later.

Scientific/Humanitarian sounds more appropriate to me.

Noyyau might be right! Sci/Hum should be correct!

How about adding the Confederates ?

What Confederates? Do you mean the Confederate States of America? I don't consider it a real civ (in game-play sense) as it existed only for 5 years.
Also, iirc American civ can have the "Confederate States of America" name with the dynamic names.

I'd recommend taking a look at all of the unique units and buildings, boosting them if necessary. Some are just plain awful, late ones come to mind.
Like the Football Stadium. Did it just give a free celebrity? Seriously, late era UUs and UBs need to be stronger than that.

I'd recommend taking a look at all of the unique units and buildings, boosting them if necessary. Some are just plain awful, late ones come to mind.
Like the Football Stadium. Did it just give a free celebrity? Seriously, late era UUs and UBs need to be stronger than that.

Feel free to give concrete suggestions. :)
I am open for any changes that the community feel better and more balanced, but I have no time for trying to balance things alone.
Marine replacements will be updated sometime, along with some other fixes and so.

Sure, I'd love to help in fact!
Do we want to stay at the current way of handling UUs/UBs, that is them being like the original but with a bonus or two tacked on, like starts with some promotions or does +50% damage against melee, y'know, something simplistic just added, or try and make them more unique compared to the original?
Like some special and truly unique attributes, or would that be too much work?

Somewhere between the two :)
I like original ideas.

However I am very busy IRL. I am already delaying with a much needed update :blush:

I am mostly satisfied with MCP, but any feedback is welcome.
So feel free to post any ideas you have, just don't expect to rework the whole stuff ;)
And keep in mind that we want to keep the pattern of the main mod's UUs and UBs. No UU or UB should be twice as powerful as the original unit or building that it's replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom