AND SVN Build Thread

But you can still raze the city when capturing? It's a huge exploit to me! Maybe we can make this optional in the BUG option.

City razing on conquest has been around since BTS, It's not unique to AND. No City Razing is a game-start option. I think city razing on capture is okay, because of the diplomatic penalties and you don't get any benefits out of it. I personally raze any captured city that doesn't have Wonders or a Holy City.

Revision 941

• Add option to "Raze and Fortify Ruins"
  • Teach AI how to use Raze & Fortify Ruins
  • Improve AI raze logic slightly
  • Revert Conscription Civic back to Rev923 version
  • Fix bug where upgrading units with fractional XP did not preserve fraction of XP

Revision 942

Fix minor bug where players could Raze and Fortify w/o required gold

rev943

• Increased number of turns between revolutions
  • Increased strenght of rebels
  • Increased modifier for religious revolutions
  • Decreased a bit Garrison modifier
  • Tuned down a bit revolution for AI
  • Balanced research in some eras (changes needed probably because AI is now producing more military units)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13750904 said:
rev943

• Balanced research in some eras (changes needed probably because AI is now producing more military units)

I thought we agreed this was premature, given that more AI changes are likely to occur?

I thought we agreed this was premature, given that more AI changes are likely to occur?
Uh, I thought this was before dbkblk last commit? I understood that he was now working on making xUPT compatible with his latest changes but I got that he had fixed early expansion and Wonders building. If that's not the case, feel free to revert the changes to EraInfos

45°38'N-13°47'E;13751021 said:
Uh, I thought this was before dbkblk last commit? I understood that he was now working on making xUPT compatible with his latest changes but I got that he had fixed early expansion and Wonders building. If that's not the case, feel free to revert the changes to EraInfos

Well I guess I am not sure. Perhaps I'm the one misinformed. Can you tell me what your changes are, and why you thought they were needed? That might clear this up.

(My last commit has effectively made the AI to build more settlers and wonders, a lot faster)

I reduced tech cost from medieval era onward, especially renaissance, industrial and modern. I've run 15-20 games and each time, even with different options, AI was never ever reaching Transhuman era. I'm under the impression that now AI builds more military units and probably can't run at 100% science like before. I've seen you've smoothed a bit Realistic timescale too some revision ago, and it's working better now but EraInfos values were balanced with my version of that function (or better, it was a compromise for people playing with and without that option), which required higher values.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13751049 said:
I reduced tech cost from medieval era onward, especially renaissance, industrial and modern. I've run 15-20 games and each time, even with different options, AI was never ever reaching Transhuman era. I'm under the impression that now AI builds more military units and probably can't run at 100% science like before. I've seen you've smoothed a bit Realistic timescale too some revision ago, and it's working better now but EraInfos values were balanced with my version of that function (or better, it was a compromise for people playing with and without that option), which required higher values.

Ok. I guess I didn't see any issues with the AI keeping up when playing, but I was only in medieval eras. I guess I'm of the opinion that we should try to improve the AI first, then as a last resort, re-balance tech era costs. If the AI is overbuilding to the expensive of tech research, then that should be identified and addressed in the AI code. Otherwise faster tech research just helps humans even more than the AI.

Revision 944
  • Removed 824 unused tags.
  • The AI will prioritize settlers over wonders (faster expansion).
  • Merged the introduction screen (dawn of man) from Platy UI (credits: Platyping).
  • Reverted some BBAI variables regarding siege assaults.
  • Updated translations: ar, bg, ca, cs, da, de, el, es, fi, fr, hu, it, ja, ko, nl, pl, pt, pt_BR, ru, tr, zh_Hans and zh_Hant. Thanks to all the translators :)

Revision 945

• Restore food yields properly after a Dark Age
  • Add unhappiness from the number of cities
  • Revert Era Info Regarding Tech Costs

Revision 946

• Changes to the internal data structures of Units, saves memory on unused arrays
The memory savings are not huge, but hey, memory savings none the less. I loaded a variety of past saves to ensure the changes to the save format did not break old saves... And I tested the new save format still works as well.

It's always good to see the memory consumption go the opposite of the usual direction.

Revision 947
  • Fix CTD introduced in Rev946
  • Fix infinite loop in unit ai attack odds calculation

Revision 948 & 949

Expose getNumSpecialUnitTypes() method to python (for Vokarya)
Missed revision update #

No functional changes between 947-949.

Revision 950
  • The new AI will build military units faster if there is a barbarian city less than 8 tiles away.
  • Add AI logic for building carriers and missile carriers
  • Fixed some wrong AI air unit definitions
  • Reverted some AI pathfinding changes.
  • Fix the endless AI grouping with xUPT when there is too much units.
  • UI: Removed top spires
  • Increased the minimal barbarian emergence city size from 3 to 5 (less but stronger emergences)
  • New installer translations: Arabic, Brazilian, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Greek, Portuguese and Russian. Thanks to the respective teams :)

Revision 950
  • The new AI will build military units faster if there is a barbarian city less than 8 tiles away.

Does this mean that the AI now has production bonus for building military units or the AI has a bias for military units?

Not at all.

The new production AI is based on the probability to build units until it reaches an optimal "reserve army" (peace time) (at war, it builds the largest army possible). That probability is increased when there is a barbarian town near so it should reaches this optimal army faster to counter or to attack barbarians. So the AI doesn't have production bonus but will just choice units over buildings when threatened.

Revision 951
  • Updated translations: ar, cs, da, de, el, es, fr, it, nl, pt, pt_BR, ru, tr and zh-Hans.
  • Moved _STRATEGY strings from BUILDINGS, PROJECTS, UNITS and TECHNOLOGIES into separated files. Those will be moved to the Civilopedia section of the translation platform.
  • Updated merger to v1.1 (strategy strings compatibility).

Top Bottom