General A New Dawn discussion

@Rezca: Don't forget to build some military defense now :)

Well, maybe in a few revisions. At the moment, enemies only seem to attack with one unit each turn... But that's just temporary I presume, so dbkblk's advice remains sound. :)

Aww the Spy "gather intelligence" option is gone D:
The option that makes the SPy sleep there until the Stationary Spy bonus is maxed out? Can't see the icon anymore... When was this removed?
...Or is it something on my end? o.o

Aww the Spy "gather intelligence" option is gone D:
The option that makes the SPy sleep there until the Stationary Spy bonus is maxed out? Can't see the icon anymore... When was this removed?
...Or is it something on my end? o.o

It should definitely still be there. I added that in the first place, with the new Automation features. Are you sure the spy didn't just max out their bonus already?

Edit: I checked and it's definitely still there.

It should definitely still be there. I added that in the first place, with the new Automation features. Are you sure the spy didn't just max out their bonus already?

Edit: I checked and it's definitely still there.

This is what it's showing up as for me, and I checked just after the spies arrived at their destination - without spending more than a single turn on the tile. This one I WB'd in just now, nothing. :confused:

I checked the Automations BUG page just in case it might have been there and switched off or hidden, but no luck. All I can think of is that my replacing the User Settings folder with my old one (WHich I always do so I don't have to constantly go through and re-configure things every single time) after updating may have done something. I did the usual 'Clear cache, do a quick Play Now to reset everything, etc' updating proceedures, and haven't played any other mods in.... Well, in ages. Haven't played Civ itself in ages.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0181.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0181.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 176
Well, maybe in a few revisions. At the moment, enemies only seem to attack with one unit each turn... But that's just temporary I presume, so dbkblk's advice remains sound. :)
I'm working on fixing that.

Um, just wondering, have the probabilities of disease breaking out been modified? Because I'm getting way too frequent disease outbreaks (i.e. three in around 50 turns). Each turn in the log there's almost always at least one Civ with disease outbreaks, sometimes three in one turn. I think that's a little extreme.

Um, just wondering, have the probabilities of disease breaking out been modified? Because I'm getting way too frequent disease outbreaks (i.e. three in around 50 turns). Each turn in the log there's almost always at least one Civ with disease outbreaks, sometimes three in one turn. I think that's a little extreme.
Nothing has been changed, AFAIK

45°38'N-13°47'E;13750872 said:
Nothing has been changed, AFAIK

Sometimes it's just very bad luck with RNG Gods - I remember where I was having this one single Iron Mine... And several turns after I built it, the thing collpased (And thus canceling the units I was building :mad: ) So, I diverted the villager back to rebuild it.... And a volcano erupted THE VERY TURN I FINISHED IT. Once again, destroying the mine.

For good measure, the mine collapsed a second time not three turns after rebuilding it :lol:

This is what it's showing up as for me, and I checked just after the spies arrived at their destination - without spending more than a single turn on the tile. This one I WB'd in just now, nothing. :confused:

It only appears for cities, not tiles.

Just as an anecdote, I played a game last night and was attacked by stacks of units just fine. I don't know what other players are talking about...
The AI sometimes float around but most of the time it works OK! I reverted some of my changes and try to change a bit the grouping feature when xUPT is used and it seems slightly better now. The biggest problem is that the AI units don't heal since some revs.

Just as an anecdote, I played a game last night and was attacked by stacks of units just fine. I don't know what other players are talking about...

Ditto. I'm enjoying my game even more because I'm not having an easy time conquering the world :lol:.

The AI sometimes float around but most of the time it works OK! I reverted some of my changes and try to change a bit the grouping feature when xUPT is used and it seems slightly better now. The biggest problem is that the AI units don't heal since some revs.

I do NOT use xUPT feature so please constantly check your changes against that option being off. :)

I have a theory about that. Don't try and fix it yourself, I am pretty sure one of my changes to fix "waiting for" infinite loop with units may be behind it.

I do NOT use xUPT feature so please constantly check your changes against that option being off. :)

Ditto.

While we are discussing changes, I got to use the "Raze and Fortify" option yesterday and it was very handy.

@os79: Don't worry, the mechanism is studied with xUPT ON and OFF. Currently, the AI works a lot better without xUPT.

@Afforess: I won't try to fix the heal issue. I'm working on making my XML cleaner a lot more precise. When I initially imported the text tags from the base game into our mod, I think I grabbed some useless tags from BTS mods. This time, I won't mistakenly remove the tags like last time :)

@os79: Don't worry, the mechanism is studied with xUPT ON and OFF. Currently, the AI works a lot better without xUPT.

From what I've recently read in this thread I feel that the xUPT feature ruins the AI game a bit,so I intend to play without that option although I hate SoD.

I don't like SoD neither. xUPT works but the AI tend to float a lot before to attack. Nevertheless, that still works but the AI is just sometimes slower to siege.

How do i fix it so the RFC mod in AND will have the civs start in reall locations and not random ones, thx for reading. THIS MOD IS AWESOME!

@Afforess: Ah right, that makes sense. Somehow I got it in my head that it'd come up for any valid tile (Cities, improvements...) My bad xP

I've never been bothered by the SoD personally, it's been in Civ for as long as I can remember and there's always been ways of dealing with it - plenty of siege weapons and air support usually. 1UPT is a simple solution, but me personally I'd rather put up with the megastacks than embrace a horrid feature like 1UPT.
Minority/unpopular opinion there yeah, but I hate 1UPT with such a passion :cringe:

@Afforess: Ah right, that makes sense. Somehow I got it in my head that it'd come up for any valid tile (Cities, improvements...) My bad xP

I've never been bothered by the SoD personally, it's been in Civ for as long as I can remember and there's always been ways of dealing with it - plenty of siege weapons and air support usually. 1UPT is a simple solution, but me personally I'd rather put up with the megastacks than embrace a horrid feature like 1UPT.
Minority/unpopular opinion there yeah, but I hate 1UPT with such a passion :cringe:

I also do not like 1UPT. But it's optional, so to each their own.

Top Bottom