TasunkeMaps Inc

Tasunke

Crazy Horse
This is a VERY simple modification. Its basically ErebusContinent, with one minor exception. I tweaked the values to create a mapscript which I prefer to the ErebusContinent I started with.

The mapscript has successfully created maps small to large, in single player and in multiplayer.

Hopefully you will have as much fun with the map (and possibly further modifying it) as I have had.

I of course have plans for the continuation of the scripts development ... among those being tweaking the appearance of certain resources .... IE Mana Nodes, and features IE Oasis. I think I already know how to start tweaking Oasis, but will take longer to get things like ... more incense in deserts, or more over-all mana nodes.

Well ... have fun, and luck of the Machine Spirits be with you

Attachments

• TasunkeMaps.rar
    35.9 KB · Views: 85
I don't remember half of them. Something like more desert, less forest. Beyond that I'd have to look at some notifications I made, and even then I'd have to compare to figure out the rest.

more plains I would like, I find erebuscontinent often has very few of em. maybe an itty bitty less hills too, they tend to be a bit too abundant.

I'll see what I can do about lessening hills. And about more plains ... would you like to see more plains at the expense of grassland or tundra/ice?

at the expense of grassland, that would make grassland less "default" and more "great land civs should be fighting for" :)

I actually have a new version of ErebusContinent to upload with a couple of added controls for the in-game options.

I added the ability to control forest density that works by thinning them out randomly but weighted by rainfall so you still get some areas of expansive forests.

I also added the ability to control plains. Decreasing them had unpleasant results since the deserts depend on the plains threshold so I only allow increasing them but it should give Gekko what he wants for a change. ;)

I also had a couple of changes that I was in the process of working on before the economy took a crap and I disappeared. Some tweaks to starting plot placement and normalization and some in-game control over river and lake frequency.

If you can let me know what you adjusted I can see about adding those settings to the tuning controls. Things like hills and islands off the main contenent still need an option to control them and I never did finish working on my own code to place the FfH specific features.

I don't remember half of them. Something like more desert, less forest. Beyond that I'd have to look at some notifications I made, and even then I'd have to compare to figure out the rest.
That's the fun part :)

My first mapscript used Cephalo's Perfect World as a base and I didn't do such a good job of commenting on my changes or keeping a change log so people would ask me what I did and I'd be like... uh... I changed some stuff and tweaked a few things... and... um :crazyeye:

I have plain adjustments, forest adjustments and river and lake adjustements I can send you that you can add in fairly easily (probably just drop right in, in fact) if you stuck with my method of using the map constants defined at the begining and not changes to the actual generation code itself.

[to_xp]Gekko;8892836 said:
hey man, nice to see you back and kicking. ErebusContinent is still THE mapscript for FFH :D

indeed, which is why I used it for 99% of my own map of choice ... gotta love the Erebus Continent.

Edit: one of these weekends I will look at my version and see exactly what I changed. I didn't change rivers, although I rather significantly increased forest, and increased ice. I didn't really change any of the equations, I merely *tweaked* with the Variables.

Im sure alot of my initial concerns with the original version are met with your new changes, where can I find this new edition of your mapscript??

// also, for some reason TasunkeMaps will only work in MP if we all rename it to ErebusContinent (seemingly), otherwise it gives the infinite grassland bug. although this bug is not seen in singleplayer, so its testing capability is some-what limited.

indeed, which is why I used it for 99% of my own map of choice ... gotta love the Erebus Continent.

Edit: one of these weekends I will look at my version and see exactly what I changed. I didn't change rivers, although I rather significantly increased forest, and increased ice. I didn't really change any of the equations, I merely *tweaked* with the Variables.
And my script is a good 75% Cephalo's work :)

Anyway, if you did most of your changes in the constants it'l be easy to update to the latest version although you may want to wait a little bit as I have some significant changes in the pipe. I'm glad to see that somebody took advantage of those constants, there's a reason Cephalo set it up with minimal 'hard coded' values and I stuck with that.

Im sure alot of my initial concerns with the original version are met with your new changes, where can I find this new edition of your mapscript??
You can follow the link in my signature, I keep the first post updated with the most recent version and if you follow the thread you'll catch what's in the works.

// also, for some reason TasunkeMaps will only work in MP if we all rename it to ErebusContinent (seemingly), otherwise it gives the infinite grassland bug. although this bug is not seen in singleplayer, so its testing capability is some-what limited.
That's an odd one. It's probably something that's really simple but so obscure you never think of it. The actual file name won't matter so it has to be a placement issue, also in MP games your contents of the public maps and private maps must exactly match all other players, so if they're using your map but only one of you has my map it won't work. The Civ4 assets burried in your 'My Documents' was supposed to get around this but that creates issues with mods although it works flawlessly with the vanilla game.

Top Bottom