Welcome to Warhammer!

Ploeperpengel

academic precarity
This forum is the home of the Warhammer Fantasy Battles Mod. We're still in an early beta stage of developement and any help you can provide is highly appreciated. Feel free to hang around, read, post comments and ideas, rant about this project.

In case you encounter any old locked threads, that's just me cleaning up my working place. I hope they will dissappear in time but that depends on you posting. If you still insist on reading it you will soon learn forces of chaos are responsible for this project:p

What's the vision?
With BTS the Warhammer Mod is going to be based on a Fall from Heaven codebase and this will occupy all our efforts for a while. But creating a FFH kind of Mod with Warhammerflavor is not enough. The final goal is to create a "Rhye's and Fall from Heaven" kind of game. With a combination of the two most ambitious and sucessful mods out there you should not only encounter a dense fantasy atmosphere but also be able to enjoy a simulation of fictional history in the large and fantastic universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer Fantasy Battles!

You'll see many ideas here in several threads that weren't realized yet. Some of them have been neglected but most of them simply need poeple willing to contribute some work. Modders that would like to join this project please contact me!(but only if you're serious about it)

INTRODUCTION TO THE DARK AND DANGEROUS FANTASY WORLD OF WARHAMMER

"Few races know the Warhammer World as well as the adventurous and entrepreneurial High Kindred of Elves. Their tall-masted ships ply the northern oceans between the Old World to the east and the shores of Lustria to the west. To the north the Elven seamen keep a watchful eye upon Naggaroth, the Land of Chill, which the estranged Dark Elves have made their own. To the south lie the Southlands and the Fortress of Dawn, a safe haven for many an Elven seafarer bound for distant Cathay.

THE OLD WORLD
Though the proud Elves have for many ages explored the world and learned much about its strange peoples, they do not reveal their secrets to lesser races. To Men these places are little more than names upon a mostly empty map. The lands they know and inhabit comprise what they call the Old World. These lands are home to Men, Dwarfs, Elves and the diminutive race of Halflings, as well as numerous evil creatures which infest the mountains and forests.

The largest and most important of the realms of Man are the Empire and Bretonnia. The Empire lies at the centre of the Old World, bounded by tall mountains and dark forests. It is the most populous by far of the Human nations and probably the most powerful too. To the south of the Empire is the Kingdom of Bretonnia, whose main strength of arms lies in its gallant knights whose tradition of chivalric virtue is held in high regard throughout the Old World.

The other Human lands are less powerful and not so strongly unified as either the Empire or Bretonnia. North of the Empire is the cold, unwelcoming land of Kislev, ruled over by its fierce warrior Tzarina. Further north still is the rocky land of Norsca, inhabited by violent and blood-thirsty savages whose raids are a constant irritation to the Tzarina and Emperor alike. South of Bretonnia are the hot, arid lands of Estalia and Tilea. Neither is united under one crown, instead they are divided into countless petty kingdoms and warring city states. Between Tilea and Bretonnia is the tiny upland region known as the Vaults, a stronghold of bandits and brigands who sometimes hire their services as mercenaries in the Emperor's armies. Beyond the immediate confines of the Old World is Araby to the south and, to the east, the bleak, forbidding Dark Lands. The Arabians are incorrigible pirates and raiders, whose dark-sailed dhows sometimes appear in the trading ports of Tilea and Estalia. The land south of Araby is known only as the Southlands. Few Old Worlders have ever glimpsed its jungle-covered coasts or the tall white mountains of its interior. The Dark Lands east of the Empire are barren and inhospitable, where Orcs, Goblins and other monsters constantly battle against each other.

SOUTH OF THE BADLANDS
To the immediate south of the Empire is the small brigand-infested land of the Border Princes. This is a dangerous region where renegades, dissenters and other refugees from the settled lands face constant predation from Orcs, Goblins and each other. Further south still are the Badlands, dominated by fierce tribes of Orcs, and beyond that lies the fabled Land of the Dead, the source of much unrest in the world.

Between the Empire and the Dark Lands is a towering mountain range whose peaks are so tall and so black that for years beyond remembering Men held the view that this must be the very edge of the world. In consequence these are called the Worlds Edge Mountains and, in truth, they form the natural eastern boundary of the Old World. These ancient peaks have been tunnelled, mined and inhabited for many centuries by the Dwarfs, a strong-minded and equally strong-armed folk whose endless wars against the Goblins of the mountains are well known even amongst Men.
THE EDGE OF THE WORLD
Listed above are the lands and races known to the scholars of humanity, to the sages of the Dwarfs, and to the wise amongst Elvenkind. To this font of common knowledge the Elves could certainly add far more if they did not guard their secrets so jealously. Doubtless too there are many learned men who could make a shrewd guess as to the further nature of the world and its perils. Perhaps they would speak of the subterranean race of Skaven and their gnawing and scheming beneath the world. Maybe they would hint darkly at the threat from the Land of the Dead and the ancient realm of its master Nagash. Then there are the deeper and more sinister secrets of Chaos and the hidden power of the north…"

I've been watching this mod for a while, I am looking forward to trying it out with the warlords version!

I'll come and comment once I've tried it out!

All the best

Spear

looks great and cant wait for the full version to be finished so i can try it out. im currently messing around with fall from heaven 2 so ill wait for the full version to be completed. out of curiosity tho...it is gonna be compatible with vanilla rite?? or just warlords??

thank you for the welcome llama, but not so much of a thank you for the news of compatible only with warlords, ugh, being that i only have vanilla rite now. altho ive been thinkin of gettin warlords, i mite think about it even more now that i know about this mod. well anyways whether i get it or not, great work to the designing team, it looks great, and enjoy it to all who get it.

Happy new year ! (A tad late )

Don't cry, you're not alone anymore...

I proposed to myself the idea of testing your mod this weekend if my home connection is OK to download, and I 'll do it anyway this week , 'cause I've got a BIG connection at work.

I'll post any comments comming to my minds, your greenskins better be good, or I'll summon Gork power to utterly crush you.

So, when does the next version come out? Cuz the current 1 is very unstable and missing a lot. Be nice to have a stable version.

Hello...

I come from the Arda Mod forum, asking for help.

Do you Warhammer people mind if us Arda People steal some Art? :please:

Top Bottom