Some suggestions/bugs/whatever-comes-to-my-mind for warhammer

Hello there. I can not understand why you can not play as Skavens. The second thing is the units of Greenskins - I look forward when, for example Militiamen Swordsman Regiment will look like orcs not peoples.

Matheos

first of all welcome to CFC and the Warhammer mod Matheos! :wavey:

to answer your questions:
Skaven are not complete, or fun to play at the moment thats why they arent playable. if you are interested in modding them back in its litterally as easy as changing one number, ill walk you though it ifyou like.

ah yes, greenskins that look like humies... this is dissapointing i know, but they will be more Orky in the next release :)

Psychic_Llamas said:
Skaven are not complete, or fun to play at the moment thats why they arent playable. if you are interested in modding them back in its litterally as easy as changing one number, ill walk you though it ifyou like.

Well then. How can I Help you? I care of Skavens, Its my favorite Warhammer race.

I care of Skavens, Its my favorite Warhammer race.

in that case ive actually just finished writing up the skaven design for the next release AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST

Now, if you want to make the Skaven playable you need to find the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file found in the BTS\Mods\Warhammer\XML\Civilizations folder, then look for this part of the code:
(NOTE: you can use [ctrl] + [F] to search for the words "CIVILIZATION_SKAVEN".
Code:
		<CivilizationInfo>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_SKAVEN</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CIV_SKAVEN_DESC</Description>
			<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CIV_SKAVEN_SHORT_DESC</ShortDescription>
			<Adjective>TXT_KEY_CIV_SKAVEN_ADJECTIVE</Adjective>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV_SKAVEN_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
			<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_SKAVEN</DefaultPlayerColor>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_SKAVEN</ArtDefineTag>
			<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN</ArtStyleType>
			<UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_SKAVEN</UnitArtStyleType>
			[COLOR="Red"]<bPlayable>0</bPlayable>[/COLOR]
			<bAIPlayable>1</bAIPlayable>
			<Cities>
				<City>Skavenblight</City>
				<City>Hell Pit</City>
				<City>Foul Peak</City>
				<City>City of Pillars</City>
				<City>Crookback Mountain</City>
				<City>Festerspike</City>
				<City>The Black Chasm</City>
				<City>Skitterpeak</City>
				<City>The Warrens</City>
				<City>Undermountain</City>

you are interested in the bit i highlighted as red, simply change that '0' into a '1' and save the file. load the mod and you can play Skaven :)

i must just warn you they arent finish so please dont expect too much from them ;)

Well then. How can I Help you? I care of Skavens, Its my favorite Warhammer race.

Hey welcome MatheosPL! Any assistance you can give is appreciated, even "minor" stuff like pedia writing. If you are down, hit up PL and Ahriman with PMs to join the project.

p.s. Skaven is your favourite race? related to Andy Chambers?

Perhaps this is not strongly associated with Andy Chambers, but I respect him for that what he did. Skavens coincided with my taste, rather by the fact that this race is very original like Lizardmens. And because of Plague. There is not too many systems, with them (I am talking about Skavs). Tomorrow I will send PM to Ahriman. I hope that I can help you with the WHFB. I depend on this mod.

BTW Sorry for my horrible english, I'll rather prefer to speak in this language.

YAY! Another victim...um...*ahem*...member, I meant member.

Welcome to WHFB! I'm the 1 of the local XML slaves and the mini-Vader (as in Darth Vader). I joined a few days ago. And I am "apprenticed" to deadliver.

I hope you enjoy your WHFB experience. :)

YAY! Another victim...um...*ahem*...member, I meant member.

Welcome to WHFB! I'm the 1 of the local XML slaves and the mini-Vader (as in Darth Vader). I joined a few days ago. And I am "apprenticed" to deadliver.

I hope you enjoy your WHFB experience. :)

My apprentice eh? Then where were you when I needed a mint julip when I woke up from my nap? Huh, I bet you were busy working on the smElf xml in some other part of the world. I suspect your sympathies lie closer to PL's than my own.

Perhaps this is not strongly associated with Andy Chambers, but I respect him for that what he did. Skavens coincided with my taste, rather by the fact that this race is very original like Lizardmens. And because of Plague. There is not too many systems, with them (I am talking about Skavs). Tomorrow I will send PM to Ahriman. I hope that I can help you with the WHFB. I depend on this mod.

BTW Sorry for my horrible english, I'll rather prefer to speak in this language.

Hey welcome to the team! As far as your english (which is fine really bro), I only speak one language myself, english...and badly!

We are a tolerate group, we also accept applicants who feel comfortable speaking in Dark Tongue, Druchii, or the super secret Dwarven tongue (a.k.a American)

rlaf is only kidding btw, no one is a slave to design...oh who am I kidding?!?

My apprentice eh? Then where were you when I needed a mint julip when I woke up from my nap? Huh, I bet you were busy working on the smElf xml in some other part of the world. I suspect your sympathies lie closer to PL's than my own.

While I may have coded the smElfs, my sympathies more lie with their nemis, the DElfs. Blood and Nag of the Hag Queen! MWAHAHAHA! As for your Mint Julip, I don't do mixed drinks. I could go get you some Vodka though. :lol: Or maybe some Everclear 190 proof? And some water to revive your destroyed throat afterward?

hi

My game has begun to crash a random points (the screen frezees up and I have to reboot). I am about 130 or so turns into the game, and the crashes are becomming more frequent.

When I load the mod i get an XML error message "Tag:event_marshsinkhole in info class was incorrect current XML file is:xml\events/civ4eventtriggerinfos.xml"

I have tried to remove the flames north of the high elves, but that doesn't help.

The error message is every time. The freeze... I don't know. I am playing as Norsca and it's the first game sense I removed the fire tiles.

I use windows xp btw.
service pack 3

The XML error shouldnt cause any problems. Orlanth fixed that a while back, hopefully he can remember where it was he uploaded it because ive lost track.

the crash... im not sure of what could be causing that. you could try another game and see if the crash occurs there too. i usually manage to get a good 400 turns out before i start running into trouble.

I have figured out some things about the crash

1) It seems to be in relations to battle that the game crashes. Not on "end turn"
2) When I play on the normal size map it doesn't seem to happen.

I will do some more trail and error tests and report my finds.

To be honest, we're working on a new version on a new codebase, so we're not going to be spending a lot of time trying to bughunt on the old version, since this is effectively being abandoned.

ABANDON SHIP!

We're trying to get the new version out as quick as possible. Us xml slaves are busy with a capital B. But then so is everyone else. So, while balancing RL, we'll try to do this as quick & clean as possible.

Top Bottom