Year 500AD-1500AD-1850AD-1950AD-2020AD Savegames needed, rev883 or later

Well guys, I think the game is balanced enough right now but of course it's really hard to balance it no matter what options you choose. So here's what I'm asking to you: I would be very grateful if you can provide me with savegames around date you see in the subject 500AD-1500AD-1850AD-1950AD-2020AD. No matter which options you've chosen at the start, no matter your BUG options; if you can provide a summary of your options it could be better but it's not needed. I just need the saves so that I can check balance under different conditions. Only request is that the game has been started with revision 883 or later (Vokarya's hunting revision). Thank you all! :)

Will have to download it later when I've got a functioning internet connection, might be a few days though.

Mm, so specific dates this time? Will have to write that down so I don't forget :lol:

Hold that, might be a bit longer... Something's up with the interface (All black and stuff - started a Play Now game and it's... Not pretty to look at. Not fatal, but not pretty either)

*Edit 2* Moved the SVN contents into a new folder and launched from that (After clearing cache and ini) and this time the XML warning doesn't come up, but the interface is still that ugly solid black color. No idea what's up with that, but oh well.

Popping in briefly to post the settings I'm using :)
Civ4ScreenShot0164.JPG

BUG settings include: War Prizes, Realistic Timescale, Flex.Difficulty (Player & AI; Every ten turns with no min/max), Terrain Damage (Goes nicely with Perfect World/Tortesta maps) Dynamic XP, Battle Promotions, and Mercy Rule.

Strange note on the Flexibile Difficulty though... I frequently get the message that X nation's difficulty "has increased" but it shows their difficulty going down instead sometimes.
Just earier, Rome was at Prince difficulty. I got the message that the "difficulty has been increased for Rome!" but it stated their difficulty was now set to Noble instead. Sometimes it does the smae for me - going from Immortal to Emperor or Monarch to Prince will say the difficulty "increased" - and it does the same if it actually increases too :lol:

Also very pleased to see this:
Civ4ScreenShot0165.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0166.JPG
Non-animal barbarians before AD years! :D

*edit Post-note: I've noticed a lot of barbarian cities popping up in the tundra then promptly becoming Barb Civs, default city size needed for this is 3, which resulted in five nations spawning around me in a fairly short period of time - three of which were in the arctic. Very, very, deep in the arctic. I'm setting it to Size 6 minimum to turn into a newly spawned Nation for now.

@Rezca, start the launcher just once and change the interface color into the options. You don't need to use it to play but i have changed the color system to remove 7000+ files which were useless.
Strangely, you have the old title, is that intended or is that a update error ?

500AD save attached. Well, 501AD since the turn didn't stop exactly on that date but close enough :)

*I still thoroughly despise the free Drill II on Protective leaders.

*Attacking into the territory of a civilization residing in an arctic/desert location with Terrain Damage on is... Painful :lol: At least before Medic II rolls around.

*There's nothing like losing a battle when you've got 99.5% odds to win. After the initial rage of witnessing that passed I couldn't help but laugh at how unfortunate that was :p

1500AD save now :)

Lots of small AI empires, though a good portion of the larger continent consisted of desert tiles. Lots of wars going on (One turn I saw four Great Generals spawn at once!) and many of the AI are doing quite well in technology. Toku and Wang Kong somehow managed to secure several wonders despite being both in the tundra, which was impressive (Neither used Great Engineers to get these)

I found it amusing that Asoka declared war on Genghis Khan earlier and in the same turn captured (And presumably razed, according to the Diplo screen) one of his cities. I had a chuckle at that. Great job Asoka! :goodjob:

Attachments

• AND Test - 1500AD.rar
    2.6 MB · Views: 96
Are saves relevant if I'm using High to Low?
And if I might :mischief: have tinkered with the resource spawn rates and distribution?

Are saves relevant if I'm using High to Low?
And if I might :mischief: have tinkered with the resource spawn rates and distribution?

I prefer no WB tricks but any option is ok, go on Noyyau thanks :)

I went and modified the bonusxml so that the extra resources would be everywhere, for everyone, to avoid having to open the WB (that spoils me the fun of exploration)

Here's the first save, 502 AD (was there a 500 AD? Might have missed it).

Note that I am playing with the Mega Civ Pack as well.
Here are all the setting at game start:
Spoiler :

Never opened WB, not even once! :)
All those resources are the totestra script working with the slightly increased spawn rates I modified in the bonusinfo.xml, so everyone should have roughly the same chances.

Started out as the Venetians, in the middle of a nice continent with the Apaches to the west and the Celts to the east. Somehow got Axemen before anyone else, so I decided to send a nice surprise to my neighbours :evil:

The Apaches had been colonizing like mad, and drowned my axemen in a tide of archers.

The Celts on the other hand lost their second city to my exploring axe... and the next turn I was given control of the Celts themselves! :lol:
(As the Venetians, I had built a couple of wonders as well, boosting my score).

So with such a desperate situation, what did I do?
Undo all the insane choices the AI did, and slowly start building up a guerrilla war against my former civ.

A couple hundred turns later (epic speed), I had a couple extra cities on the farthest coast from the Venetians (that I never managed to make peace with, but for some reason they never sent anyone to finish me off), and started cranking out Gallic Warriors.

These guys are powerful! +1 :strength: over the normal Light Swordsman, +25% hill attack (and there were a lot of hills in this area!) and a free Combat 1 from Boudica's Aggressive trait.

So I started sieging cities. 5 or 6 Gallic Warriors, with 3-4 catapults for lowering defences and then "archer bombarding" (most of these catapults I had captured from the Venetians themselves! :cool: ).

The AI couldn't mount a decent defense and I had conquered all but one of the Venetian cities... and then I got to control the last one, surrounded by a dozen angry Celtic units.

:eek:

So I reloaded the previous autosave and made sure to stay in anarchy and raze cities to avoid making the score grow too much... yeah, it's a bit of an exploit but that was really a doomed situation.

So a few turns after I eliminated the Venetians (I was kinda sorry, but it was also awesome. I might turn it into a story in the future), I was given control of the Dutch, on what seems to be this map's main continent.

It's huge! And populated by pretty much all the civs.

The Dutch again were being terribly mismanaged, but had really good foreign relations, so for the last couple hundred turns I've only fought barbarians and been expanding peacefully. There's so much space that there's still plenty of free land.

I'm still missing out on a few wonders however, since my cities spent a lot of time simply growing and building infrastructure.

But I did manage to get to Optics, make a few Caravels, and get the circumnavigation bonus.

I'm at the top of the scoreboard now, so either the Apache or the Celts are still ahead of me (possible, I have yet to find their continent), or the xml global define to change number of times the High to Low option changes your civ isn't working. Probably the former however, I did leave the Celts with several cities and wonders, so they might have gone on and kept up the score lead.

1850 save.
Had a moment of irritation when an Orchard kept "mysteriously" being replaced with a Forest Preserve constantly. Took me almost 40 turns to remember that "Fortify" and "Build Forest Preserve" both share the same shortcut of [F], so by telling my batch of workers to rest on that tile, they'd immediately begin to replace the Orchard with a forest preserve. :rolleyes:

Fascinating how Korea and Persia are managing to research as fast as the top civs in the world despite only having 2 ~ 3 Ice/Tundra cities. Completely surrounded by nearly worthless tiles, and Korea decided to plant a city down by a completely Ice-locked region just a while ago :crazyeye:
"Anything you can do with ten grassland cities I can do just as well with three tundra cities!"

Here's the first save, 502 AD (was there a 500 AD? Might have missed it).

Note that I am playing with the Mega Civ Pack as well.
Here are all the setting at game start:
Spoiler :

Never opened WB, not even once! :)
All those resources are the totestra script working with the slightly increased spawn rates I modified in the bonusinfo.xml, so everyone should have roughly the same chances.

Started out as the Venetians, in the middle of a nice continent with the Apaches to the west and the Celts to the east. Somehow got Axemen before anyone else, so I decided to send a nice surprise to my neighbours :evil:

The Apaches had been colonizing like mad, and drowned my axemen in a tide of archers.

The Celts on the other hand lost their second city to my exploring axe... and the next turn I was given control of the Celts themselves! :lol:
(As the Venetians, I had built a couple of wonders as well, boosting my score).

So with such a desperate situation, what did I do?
Undo all the insane choices the AI did, and slowly start building up a guerrilla war against my former civ.

A couple hundred turns later (epic speed), I had a couple extra cities on the farthest coast from the Venetians (that I never managed to make peace with, but for some reason they never sent anyone to finish me off), and started cranking out Gallic Warriors.

These guys are powerful! +1 :strength: over the normal Light Swordsman, +25% hill attack (and there were a lot of hills in this area!) and a free Combat 1 from Boudica's Aggressive trait.

So I started sieging cities. 5 or 6 Gallic Warriors, with 3-4 catapults for lowering defences and then "archer bombarding" (most of these catapults I had captured from the Venetians themselves! :cool: ).

The AI couldn't mount a decent defense and I had conquered all but one of the Venetian cities... and then I got to control the last one, surrounded by a dozen angry Celtic units.

:eek:

So I reloaded the previous autosave and made sure to stay in anarchy and raze cities to avoid making the score grow too much... yeah, it's a bit of an exploit but that was really a doomed situation.

So a few turns after I eliminated the Venetians (I was kinda sorry, but it was also awesome. I might turn it into a story in the future), I was given control of the Dutch, on what seems to be this map's main continent.

It's huge! And populated by pretty much all the civs.

The Dutch again were being terribly mismanaged, but had really good foreign relations, so for the last couple hundred turns I've only fought barbarians and been expanding peacefully. There's so much space that there's still plenty of free land.

I'm still missing out on a few wonders however, since my cities spent a lot of time simply growing and building infrastructure.

But I did manage to get to Optics, make a few Caravels, and get the circumnavigation bonus.

I'm at the top of the scoreboard now, so either the Apache or the Celts are still ahead of me (possible, I have yet to find their continent), or the xml global define to change number of times the High to Low option changes your civ isn't working. Probably the former however, I did leave the Celts with several cities and wonders, so they might have gone on and kept up the score lead.

From your options I see you have tweaked a bit game options (expanded castles). No problem anyway, I can check these saves too. Also, are you using Realistic timescale (under BUG options) and/or flexible difficulty/Flexible AI? Thank you.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13696771 said:
From your options I see you have tweaked a bit game options (expanded castles). No problem anyway, I can check these saves too. Also, are you using Realistic timescale (under BUG options) and/or flexible difficulty/Flexible AI? Thank you.

Yes to both Realistic Timescale and Flex Difficulty and Flex AI.
Barb Civs are disabled however.

I can just screenshot whatever BUG tab if you need more details.

Top Bottom