Stop Unit Spawning

VainoValkea

Emperor
Is there any reason to use this option whatsoever? Apart from the minor annoyance of having to disband unwanted lancers (or given my default strategy, regifting them to City-States) it seems to be strictly beneficial to get those units. Do "skipped" spawns pile up for later eras or something?

I think there is no reason to ever use this option -- for the exact two reasons you gave. If you disband the unneeded units then you are rewarded with a small amount of gold; giving these to your allied city states makes your allies stronger.

I guess you might want to use the "Stop Unit Spawning" option if you simply don't want the annoyance of having to decide what to do with the units.

This option was a little better in Vanilla when units would spawn in the city state a million miles from home. I'm not sure if you could always gift your units but I believe you could so it was a useless option.

It's sort of like having an option to disable the happiness bonus from a mercantile city state because you already have happy people, makes no sense.

Army spawning by CS does not spawn in the CS AoI anymore (Since BNW) - The new units spawn at your capital.

Army spawning by CS does not spawn in the CS AoI anymore (Since BNW) - The new units spawn at your capital.

I believe it since G&K

Top Bottom