Certain mod Civs not showing up in game setup

dufsen

Chieftain
Hello, all.

I am running BNW on Win 7 via Steam.

I encountered a strange issue today. Most of my downloaded civilizations won't show up in the game setup. I load up the mods, and they are showing as "enabled", but somehow they won't show up as options in the game setup, even under advanced options. They recently worked, and I used several of them in a game just last week.

I have previously played with various civs from Tpangolin, JFD, MC, Sukritact etc. At the moment, only Tpangolin's Canada (Pearson) and Vietnam (Trung sisters) are working.
In other words, some mods DO work.

I have tried deleting the cache (including the Civ5ModsDatabase), unsubscribing and resubscribing, verifying game cache, and installing the mods manually. Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

TL;DR: Some modded civs work, but most don't. No idea why.

I'm having the same issues. I have tried reinstaling, deleting the mods .db and all but some civs seems to never show up, even tho they appear activated.

Anybody knows what it happening?

I had this exact problem just yesterday and managed to solve it. All new civs I tried would not show in the civilisation selection list but modified existing civs would be modified properly(ex. JFD's Tojo-Japan changes Oda Nobuaga's second unique unit from Zero to the Dojo unique building).

I managed to correct it by deleting the jdh mod manager from my computer, as it is a ClickOnce application it can be tricky to find its install location but you can do so by running the program, open task manager, right click jdh mod manager, click 'Open file location'.

I hope this helps.

I had a similar problem with a few Subscribed Mods not showing up at all in the Mod activation menu. I know it's slightly different than the issue here, but the solution may possibly be the same.

After you've subscribed to a mod and gone into the mod screen, either exit the game or use Alt-Tab (if it feels like working). Go to the Mods subfolder under My Documents\Civ5 and look for the mod folder or .civ5mod file. In my case, I noticed the problem mods were sitting as .civ5mod files. Upon manual extraction, the mod folders had an additional subfolder within them with the mod name, and THEN inside that folder were the files needed. Once I moved the file set one branch up in the directory structure, the mods showed up as normal.

Hope that helps!

Eldrin

Top Bottom