Fall patch

I know that it's a bit too early, bu I read recently that there will be a 'Fall Patch' coming up and a few new 'cool' things.. What do you think there will be in the patch ?

Apparently something for Japan and maybe Germany. It also sounds like they have some other content in the works for the patch. I don't know if that means a few buildings, or what. I think there's a slim chance that it could be DLC.

Apparently something for Japan and maybe Germany. I don't know if that means a few buildings, or what. I think there's a slim chance that it could be DLC.
1-Japan NEEDS A FIX. Germany getting re=worked would make a lot of people happy
2-New buildings: not interesting. I feel like more modern replacements for the current units would be better.
3-I think that there's a big chance: think of it. They said that they add stuff if a lot of the fans want it. So I believe that if there's a DLC full of new civs or adding civs to the scenarios that we have now are the most possible solutions

Hollywood wonder maybe? very odd for have Broadway but no Hollywood.

The last two things we need are modern wonders and US wonders...

I've got my fingers crossed for an aggression (and expansion) buff for the AI, just a little in the early-mid game.

As ever i've also got my fingers crossed for an AI more competent with warfare, but that just aint gonna happen :(

I don't all a problem with it, but it seems as if some people on these forums think that Japan deserves a change

I've seen those threads and they largely seem to be from people who haven't invested much time in it, or simply want it buffed because its their favourite Civ.

It's a fine warmongering Civ.

The last two things we need are modern wonders and US wonders...

I've got my fingers crossed for an aggression (and expansion) buff for the AI, just a little in the early-mid game.

As ever i've also got my fingers crossed for an AI more competent with warfare, but that just aint gonna happen :(

If you've been playing Civ, you should be used to it by now. Civ5 has the fewest American centric wonders, and it has expanded the wonders list to include lots of different types of wonders from different cultures.
That said, the modern world is dominated by America , to deny this is to deny the sky is blue . Hollywood should be in the game.

if they do anything to Japan and Germany I hope it wont be too dramatic

as for DLC I hope not as some of us don't buy things online it would be better if they just did another expansion as its all there after that make a compete version with every thing in it and just fix balance after that once balance is done go on to something else for a while.

It would be nice if they somehow modified early gameplay to not punish wars quite so much. Falling behind in scienceis alre ady bad enough without the crippling economic and happiness factors

Horse mounted barbarian-archers like the Mongols, Samaritans etc., Modern era- cultural like corporations- Coke, Levi, Wal-mart. Points and quick spreading. Help your trade income.
One thing I'd like to see is barbarians take, sack and settle cities. Barbarians did just that in real history. Be fun. :smug:

There is a need for balance in money aquisition on huge maps and marathon. Since it can be quite a while for proximity for trade routes.

Hollywood should be in the game.

Hollywood? Hollywood is a city or in its context its not a single building but a nest (free translation) of studios, film companies etc etc. Its not a single thingie. Then again one can argue the same for Braodway.

I would prefer to see something like the Golden Gate or good old Hoover to be honest if they were to add US wonders.

Hollywood? Hollywood is a city or in its context its not a single building but a nest (free translation) of studios, film companies etc etc. Its not a single thingie. Then again one can argue the same for Braodway.

I would prefer to see something like the Golden Gate or good old Hoover to be honest if they were to add US wonders.

I don't think you can use that arguement for a Wonder, Great Firewall, International Space Stations and the Hubble Telescope are NOT even "buildings" per say. Civ 4 had Rock 'n' Roll which is more of an idea.

I'd love there to be a reduction in "warmonger" rating at the end of each age. It would really make it so that early era wars don't turn everyone and their mother against you for the rest of the game.

I'd also love to see aggressiveness be modified by era, too. Some civilizations should be more aggressive during certain eras than others. For example, Greece should be more aggressive in the Ancient Age and decline to "normal" aggression as his UUs go obsolete. Meanwhile Spain would be more aggressive in the Medieval and Renaissance eras and then go back to their normal aggression. Note: This would be a modifier on top of each civ's normal aggression and mainly a means of encouraging the civs to go to war when they are most militarily capable of it.

I don't think you can use that arguement for a Wonder, Great Firewall, International Space Stations and the Hubble Telescope are NOT even "buildings" per say. Civ 4 had Rock 'n' Roll which is more of an idea.

Yeah, I reached the same conclusion after thinking about Broadway too so you are right.
Civ 4 is another game too so... Anyways we agree.

What's wrong with Japan?

They mentioned how they want to include Japan's isolationist history and how they retained their own culture even with outside influenced trying to push in.

I'm thinking a very good chance that the nerf bat would be applied to early game internal cargo ship trade routes. 8 food per turn per trade route very early on is really good; TOO good.

Perhaps reduced to the same base value as a Caravan, and require a Harbor to get a boost in it.

I also noticed the AI with tons & tons of money in late game just sitting there. (Babylon with 13K cash and counting; he has the cash to buy out all city states if he wished, but doesn't even do that.)

Perhaps they need to split the difference between the G&K fall patch and the BNW release, by checking the AIs treasury; and when it starts getting to an absurd level (2000?), make it more aggressive at cash buying units until it gets back below that threshold. Or if they want to try something new, perhaps they could steal the VEM/GEM cash logic.

On Japan, they mentioned how the current UA feels way too passive. But they also considered (and rejected) making it a cultural stronghold as that would make Japan more challenging to pay against without increasing the fun element of playing Japan.

In addition, I'm hoping they bring back the AI actually giving the full 8 GPT for a luxury seen on some pre-release BNW videos that didn't make it into the released version.

Hey didn't they say something about modability of sounds in the polycast for the fall patch?

Top Bottom