Great game, but a problem still exists.

grandgeneralbob

Chieftain
Why are there no multiplayer AI interactions? I've spent over 100 bucks on this game, waited over 2 years, gone through 2 expansion packs, and several DLC's and patches, and the AI diplomacy in multiplayer is still nonexistent. Is there a reason why the AI makes no offers in MP?

In hot seat, they do. And by extension, in online games played over Giant Multiplayer Robot, they do.

I have posted on the BNW and other threads and no answer. Do people just not play mp with AI, and is it really hard for the devs to add something to mp that is in sp? It really does break the mp game, and I rarely do ciV sp.

I don't play multiplayer but I wanted to post specifically to say this is the most valid complaint I have ever heard on the board. Most are subjective complaints about aspects users don't like but this is objectively a valid complaint which should be addressed.

Yeah, this is really lame. I can't imagine why their new multiplayer guy didn't bother to fix this problem.

... Or enable MP mods. Seriously. Fix that.

It's being worked on (Mod support at least), it's been said in the Polycast Special.

Quite frankly I think their fault comes from the fact that they didn't do this first, I dno't know much about coding, but common basic logic would dictate that if the mp guy messes up a single line the whole engine is likely to fail.. well.. I overexagerate and surely more educated people will prove me wrong. But it's probably a lot more work to implement these features now than it would be before.

Is there a reason why the AI makes no offers in MP?

You don't want to have a war on multiple fronts, against different humans, all moving at the same time, and suddently an AI pops up, asking for some gold against wine.

You don't want to have a war on multiple fronts, against different humans, all moving at the same time, and suddently an AI pops up, asking for some gold against wine.

The AI trade requests could show up like offers from humans show up. So you can choose when you want to have a look at them.

mmh I like AI diplomacy, a lot, and I play multiplayer often, but this never bothered me. I must say, I like leader diplomacy when I play singleplayer. But when playing multiplayer, I don't mind the AI at all, except as a rival or to take advantage of it.

Uuuuuhhhhhh, I do want war from multiple fronts, from different humans, all moving with AI requests. This is a turn based game which me and my friends have "given" 100's of dollars to. Have you ever played cIV? Great mp ai.

Top Bottom