Diplomacy with the Deutsche Küche

we had good winning chances TWICE, the first, after the uber-start, getting torpedoed by an alliance of Lanze-and-d7/Loki-Diplo, and the 2nd by so-named Eagles who played incredibly inferior and rather like chicken than eagles.

i mean really, that the Eagles played the worst game of all teams: they had the best land to start with, everyone trusted them, they got 60% of their continent without a war. but they believed the Anarchos´ nonsense, cancelled the diplo with us (with that alliance, they for sure would have won), still did not continue their diplo with the Küch for whatever reasons, failed in their premature attack and were not able to defend their core against a comparably tiny invasion force.

the only good action they did is decline the Anarchos´ offer to gift them their cities!

t_x

This post is complete non-sense. I do not want to start a new discussion, but I have to say this. And it became obvious that the Brotherhood tried to stall us right at the first diplomatic negotiations. Even if there were disagreements withing the team, from the perspective of the Eagles, you acted strange and that's why it didn't work.

WE were hnest when we said, an alliance between our teams would be the strongest option, but you guys lied to us. So much for Lanzelots usually honest playstyle.

And secondly, there was - again . the bug that Kueche never suffered war weariness from our attacks. And already after our very first attack, when we took like 4-5 cities thes should have suffered from it. But in reallity they always had war happiness.

Very easily this could be counted as cheating...

from your point of view it may be nonsense, but from your arguments... there are none. you are quoting points, and mention totally different points???

the "strange diplo" is a fact on one hand, but even more kind of a myth within the Eagles team on the other hand.
Spoiler :
-it is a fact because our diplo situation *was* strange because our team had deep internal problems at that time.
-it is a myth because the time when you call it strange, yours was.
just try the no-hard-feelings-approach please. but to put it as simple as that: now that the threads are open it is just clear that the Anarchos lied to you about pretty much everything, and you bought the nonsense. more or less the first question after you learnt their "story" was that you (it was either you or Cyc, i don´t remember) called us deal-breakers, and what we had to say to our defense. now, how would *you* have felt and reacted, after just being NAP-raped, when this is the first thing you are asked by someone who cannot know the truth and could be neutral? if you go ok with that, fine. at least i did not and found *that* strange. maybe not right in diplo, but now that everything is open, clearly right from our victim status.
there were people who understood better, to name one, Cotta. read his totally neutral comments in the Küche thread. someone there even asks if ?Cyc? (don´t remember for sure who was mentioned) really thinks he should act like a judge over a situation he does not know anything about, and all he has is a very dubious information of only one side.

if you answer, heck yes, that was what we had to know and ask, then i say in opposition: if diplo means in order not to be strange, that i had to wash my dirty laundry to the face of the new to-be ally, then *i* choose him not to become my ally. which happened, anyway.

the cheating reproach is ridiculous, as the Küche did not "use" it but the software had a bug?!?! really, si tacuisses...

now, if you decided to post *that* statement from me, then really WHY did you not post the one you and i exchanged via PN????

templar_x

WE were hnest when we said, an alliance between our teams would be the strongest option, but you guys lied to us. So much for Lanzelots usually honest playstyle.

i do not understand what you are trying to prove to me.

you can read what happened. neither i, nor the Knights team i at least at this point still was a member of, "lied to you". there was a team decision to negotiate this alliance with you. when you and me came extremely close to a deal, or at least that is what you and i remember from our talks, according to our PNs.

if you dislike that Lanzelot acted against this team decision, so did we. how much more "honesty" do you like than the total dissolvement of the Knights team over this issue, and me personally fighting over and over with my forum friend Lanzelot over this? it was the Eagles team who decided against that deal... :confused::sad: ...so again i do not understand your reasoning... i am sure Memento, Ivan, myself... would have stood to that deal if you had agreed to it.

t_x

Calis, don't worry about trying to talk sense to Temp. It's obvious that TKB wasn't smart enough to listen to Lanzelot about important decisions they needed to make. They would much rather hear the sound of their own voices. Such a shame.

I donnot think that either Küche or the Eagles did take the words of anarchy as granted. But the strategic situation was that the Brotherhoods was technoligically ahead due to rushing philo and republic. Then they refused the republic the anarchy needed so desperatly. This situation required some intervention to restore some balance of power.

Calis, don't worry about trying to talk sense to Temp. It's obvious that TKB wasn't smart enough to listen to Lanzelot about important decisions they needed to make. They would much rather hear the sound of their own voices. Such a shame.

Thank you. I will stop this here. It won't lead to anything.

I donnot think that either Küche or the Eagles did take the words of anarchy as granted. But the strategic situation was that the Brotherhoods was technoligically ahead due to rushing philo and republic. Then they refused the republic the anarchy needed so desperatly. This situation required some intervention to restore some balance of power.
I agree with what you've said about the Anarchy. And it is known the KBH stiffed Anarchy for Republic, claiming they received advanced knowledge that Anarchy was plotting war against them (we never heard how they got this knowledge). And it's too bad the intervention couldn't prop up the Anarchy better than it did.

Thank you. I will stop this here. It won't lead to anything.
Yeah, secrecy is what we need here. I never did agree with you private emails for team politics.

And it's too bad the intervention couldn't prop up the Anarchy better than it did.

From Küches point of view there was the risk to help anarchy too much. When they did not use republic in order to allow a surprise attack against the unprepered Brotherhoods things became extremly critical. I hate such uncertainty. And as republic can earn back the costs of revolution fast the choice of anarchy was hardly understandable.

we had good winning chances TWICE, the first, after the uber-start, getting torpedoed by an alliance of Lanze-and-d7/Loki-Diplo, and the 2nd by so-named Eagles who played incredibly inferior and rather like chicken than eagles.

i mean really, that the Eagles played the worst game of all teams: they had the best land to start with, everyone trusted them, they got 60% of their continent without a war. but they believed the Anarchos´ nonsense, cancelled the diplo with us (with that alliance, they for sure would have won), still did not continue their diplo with the Küch for whatever reasons, failed in their premature attack and were not able to defend their core against a comparably tiny invasion force.

the only good action they did is decline the Anarchos´ offer to gift them their cities!

t_x

from your point of view it may be nonsense, but from your arguments... there are none. you are quoting points, and mention totally different points???

I can't let it be. :)

Ok, here you are right. I did not really talk about what I quoted. And maybe non-sense is the wrong wordeing. I already mentioned that the way (the wording) you use to describe our game, is insulting.

Furthermore, we did not bye anything. Neither your nor Anarchies story. We did not care much. We got together with Anarchy, because they did better negotiations. And actually it seems both of you weren't "innocent".

And the last point that we weren't able to defend against a tiny invasion force. This invasion force was a very lucky invasion force, with only minor losses while it destroyed most of our units.

the cheating reproach is ridiculous, as the Küche did not "use" it but the software had a bug?!?! really, si tacuisses...

I am not sure. Costal blocking is also a game feature/bug, but that was taken care of by using amphibious archers/longbowmen.

Furthermore this was an additional aspect in the outcome of the war. What do you think, how much gold it had cost us, we had to put into lux. Actually it was a 40% ratio. I do not find it half as ridiculous as you pretend it to be.

And finally another insult with your latin phrase...

now, if you decided to post *that* statement from me, then really WHY did you not post the one you and i exchanged via PN????

The answer lies in your question. It's private.

this means, you are telling me via PN that you can understand my feedback/criticism, and in the public you dismiss it?

cool! the show must go on! :rockon:

t_x

ps: i did not say that claiming an unfair aspect of the WW-PBEM-bug was ridiculous, but the reproach that it was "cheating". how on earth should the Küche have cheated "using" that, when nobody even know about it? :confused:

this means, you are telling me via PN that you can understand my feedback/criticism, and in the public you dismiss it?

t_x

You got me here. I will check these writings again. I am not trying to hide anything.

BTW, I just read through the diplo Eagles-Brotherhood thread. I learned that your sometimes harsh wording is just your way. So maybe I should not have been so thin-skinned about it. ;) Are all Austrians like this?

And it interesting how your guys attitute towards us declined steadily throughout the game. An dI now think that we were not innocent about it. (At least when it came to later negotiations).

ps: i did not say that claiming an unfair aspect of the WW-PBEM-bug was ridiculous, but the reproach that it was "cheating". how on earth should the Küche have cheated "using" that, when nobody even know about it? :confused:

I said, it could be interpreted as. And as for your second sentence...everybody knew that right after our first strike they should have suffered war weariness.

t_x

You meant this one here:

Entschuldigung. Du hast recht. Ich hätte zumindest antworten sollen.

Allerdings hätte ich dir dann lediglich gesagt, dass die Diplomatie ab jetzt lediglich über die offiziellen Kanäle der Botschaften laufen sollte.

Darüber hinaus ist Das Gesprächsaufkommen momentan so groß und die Diskussionen so umfangreich, dass es einfach etwas dauert.

Und noch weiter, habe ich momentan kaum Zeit für die Diplo. Momentan sind die anderen mehr am Zug.

Ihr erhaltet in jedem Fall Antowort von uns.

Noch mal sorry für die fehlende Antwort.

Und ganz persönlich gesagt, würde ich gerne einfach die Züge spielen. Es ist gerade so viel Geplänkel, dass es mich auch nervt. Das Spiel selbst steht aus meiner Sicht gerade leider etwas im Hintergrund.

Yes, here I did not reply to your PM and you were "unhappy" about it. And yes, you were right to be. I was pi**ed by the situation myself at that time.

From Küches point of view there was the risk to help anarchy too much. When they did not use republic in order to allow a surprise attack against the unprepered Brotherhoods things became extremly critical. I hate such uncertainty. And as republic can earn back the costs of revolution fast the choice of anarchy was hardly understandable.
That was the Eagles point of view also. And I agreed, but I feel we should have used more moderation, instead of all or none. And I agree about understanding Anarchys strategy of balancing unit costs against growing as a nation.

You meant this one here:

Yes, here I did not reply to your PM and you were "unhappy" about it. And yes, you were right to be. I was pi**ed by the situation myself at that time.

no, i meant the one from only a couple of days ago. we pm'ed a few explanations to each other that are unknown to the others here, which i believe included that we understand each others points better now. here on the forum it did not sound like that necessarily. but it is fine to me.
t_x

BTW, I just read through the diplo Eagles-Brotherhood thread. I learned that your sometimes harsh wording is just your way. So maybe I should not have been so thin-skinned about it. ;) Are all Austrians like this?

:lol:
i have not seen myself as a "Raubein" until now. but yes, i think i prefer to say things rather clear. great that you learn to like it ;)

on a contrary, people in Vienna (there is no typical Austrian, as there is no typical German) are typically staying extremely friendly towards your face, and call you names when you are not around. this is called "Viennese politeness"! :D or they just use "Granteln", which is a misanthropic way of dealing with everything, may it be good or bad. ;)

as i said over at the civforum, i do not mind anyone reading what i said, nor reading what others said about myself. everyone should know how to take it. i can read it and either relate to it or not; learn something from it or not. if nothing else, one can learn how different things can be seen!

and after all, even if they were released now, one should never forget that those were internal threads. they were not meant to be diplomatic. hence, many things that can be read now appeared very interesting and "unfiltered" to me.

t_x

no, i meant the one from only a couple of days ago. we pm'ed a few explanations to each other that are unknown to the other, which i believe included that we understand each others points better now. here on the forum it did not sound like that necessarily. but it is fine to me.
t_x

Yeah, you are right. now I know what you mean. But when I read your evaluation about our game AGAIN, my anger heated up AGAIN. Sorry for that AGAIN. Us usually my anger is gone almost as fast as it comes up. :)

then it is good that it takes you a couple of hours before you can reach Vienna, so you can calm down on the way :beer:

Top Bottom