Love it when rebels spawn in AI empire's lands

Haig

Deity
I love the new ideology pressure / happiness and unhappiness systems.

Iroquois is a Freedom superpower, but surrounded by strong Autocracy lands.

Even though they have a big happiness from luxuries etc, their unhappiness (they are now two separate things) makes rebels to spawn in their lands.

And I, as imperial Japan, follow it from the shadows, while my agents infiltrate Iroquois cities and I gift units to enemies of Freedom.

Such a great game!

edit: also my great artists make concert tours in fellow autocratic empires. They probably perform military marches, eurodance and the like..
I may be bad, but I feel... good.

Amen.

After vanilla and gods n kings of watching AI enjoy infinite happiness, its nice to see them get kicked in the crotch for once because I pillaged a luxury and it did something.

I should add that last week arabia was trading tons of lux with me but he secretly hated me and sent tons of missionaires/prophets into my lands.

I terminated the trades and dow'd right there.

Arabia fell into unhappy and revolts spawned everywhere, my spies was watching his capital and giggling at his hexs getting pillaged. He managed to recover from that though xD But I did a Medieval D-day on his Najran with galeasses and longswordmen then took it. I now have leverage to point at his capital for once if he tries to be a douchebag towards me again.

What do you mean they are separate now? If you think its the ideology unhappiness that spawns the rebels, its not, its still overall unhappiness which is the column to the right as far as I am aware. -10 makes rebels, -20 can cause their cities to flip or them to switch ideologies.

Yes, watching their discomfort can be amusing... but sometimes when the unhappy civ hosting the rebels is one that has crammed a bunch of cities right up into your wazoo prior to said rebellion, the spillover can be alarming at best. Japan did that to me a while back, and since I was peaceful with them at the time, I only kept a unit or two in that sector for nominal guard duty. All of a sudden, BAM! Four WWI rebel infantry materialized right on our shared border (his spam-cities were squeezed in very close to me) and were just as happy to wander 1 or 2 tiles to the east and pillage my critical oil and lux resources as they were to raze his! This happened several times in the same spot, but at least I was ready for it after the first go.

It's a shame that you can't use spies to cause rebels, like how you can fund rebels in eu4 too much fun....

Top Bottom