Songhai 4 City Piety Opening

Resipsa

King
Currently working on a build order using the fall patch for immortal and deity that opens piety and works as well for domination victory as a liberty or tradition opening.

One downside to opening piety is that your early game is plagued by a lack of culture generation which other than building monuments and getting to theocracy and getting the culture generation from mud mosques you will be lagging behind. Although so far I've opened 3 games with Songhai and have completed the piety tree between t80 and t100 (This is without Oracle) which is only slightly slower than opening tradition or liberty.

The other downside to piety is that you may not get your picks of beliefs but by prioritizing theocracy I've found I can get at least one happiness granting faith building and usually a secondary passive belief that grants happiness (such as +2 happiness from temples with 5 followers) from the piety finisher.
With the buff to piety you'll get a 25% bonus to gold generation from temples along with Songhai's UA you'll be able to field a Zulu size army in no time.

I'm going to work on refining this and port back but I think if you have a Dom Victory in mind this might be comparable to a liberty or tradition opening.

Top Bottom