Adjusting Trade?

Kirejara

King
Is there a way in the editor (either Firaxis or Quintillus) to adjust the ridiculous greed of the KI during trading, so that they would accept something more balanced for their goods?

In the end Bismarck would have accepted five luxuries and Engineering for his one luxury. Anything below was declared as unfair.

Because of that I have long ago stopped buying resources or luxuries from the KI.

Thanks for your help!

Hey, Kirejara. Unfortunately, all these AI interactions are in the dark hardcoded territory that we can't access. I know that the more resources you have, the more the AI will demand in trade. That is why is the early game you can make even 1 for 1 resource trades, but eventually it becomes more trouble than it's worth. Another shortcoming and lost opportunity for Civ 3.

By the way, what railroads and mines are you using for your mod? I've seen them in your screenshots but don't recognize them.

Did your rep happened to get trashed? In games I've played, if some deal was broken by me for whatever reason, then the AI has much higher demands.

Thanks both of you!

And no, my trade reputation is undamaged. It seems just like Anthony says, that the KI demands more and more if you have lots of luxuries and/or gold.

On the other side if the KI has lots of luxuries and/or gold, they give you only a very small price for your goods.

The terrain including the railroads is by Ares de Borg:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=3864688#post3864688

The villages as mines are some older work:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21871

Kirejara...

It is also a matter of if the AI wants or needs the Resource.

If there are fewer Resources and the AI does not have them they will pay more.

If the AI population is not happy, Luxury Resources are more valuable naturally.

In Your Game Biq, you can make adjustment that will affect the AI and Trade:

*Try limiting the Resources and especially Luxury Resources in "Natural Resources".
*You can adjust the supported Units and the AI to AI Trade in "Difficulty Levels".
*You can Adjust Tech Costs so there is not enough Gold to increase Entertainment for the Population and keep up with research in "Civilization Advances".
*You can add settings concerning how happy, or should I say Unhappy the Population is in Difficulty Levels".
*You can Adjust if an Improvement or Wonder makes the Population Happy or Content as well as Require a Resource to Build an Improvement or Wonder in "Improvements and Wonders".

If you have Luxury Resources set as being required to Build something the AI needs or wants as well as making some of the Population Happy, the AI will pay much more to get the Luxury Resources.

It is true that the AI is NOT on your side and will always try to limit you when possible. This holds true if you have many Luxuries and Gold as mentioned. However, IF the AI seriously Needs or wants any resource, they will Pay Far More to get it.

The Adjustments you can make in the Editor or your Game Biq will affect Trade. The Game is "Hard Coded" as is said but you can alter the end result of the programing by making adjustments for your Game.

...Give it all some thought and realize what settings in combination will affect the AI trade so you get more of what you want in Game Play Trade.

Kirejara...

It is also a matter of if the AI wants or needs the Resource.

If there are fewer Resources and the AI does not have them they will pay more.

If the AI population is not happy, Luxury Resources are more valuable naturally.

In Your Game Biq, you can make adjustment that will affect the AI and Trade:

*Try limiting the Resources and especially Luxury Resources in "Natural Resources".
*You can adjust the supported Units and the AI to AI Trade in "Difficulty Levels".
*You can Adjust Tech Costs so there is not enough Gold to increase Entertainment for the Population and keep up with research in "Civilization Advances".
*You can add settings concerning how happy, or should I say Unhappy the Population is in Difficulty Levels".
*You can Adjust if an Improvement or Wonder makes the Population Happy or Content as well as Require a Resource to Build an Improvement or Wonder in "Improvements and Wonders".

If you have Luxury Resources set as being required to Build something the AI needs or wants as well as making some of the Population Happy, the AI will pay much more to get the Luxury Resources.

It is true that the AI is NOT on your side and will always try to limit you when possible. This holds true if you have many Luxuries and Gold as mentioned. However, IF the AI seriously Needs or wants any resource, they will Pay Far More to get it.

The Adjustments you can make in the Editor or your Game Biq will affect Trade. The Game is "Hard Coded" as is said but you can alter the end result of the programing by making adjustments for your Game.

...Give it all some thought and realize what settings in combination will affect the AI trade so you get more of what you want in Game Play Trade.

Very comprehensive reply! I always learn something from you posts.:)

Thanks again,

I will see what I can do.

Currently most of the luxuries allow a trade increasing building, but only if the luxury is within the city radius. So this will not increase the price.

Only ivory trade (in game only!) allows to train elephant units.

i also read that if you have a larger empire, they will ask for more for a luxury.

I have set incense as a requirement for 2 units for the mid eastern civs UU, I will keep an eye out if they ask for it more...

Top Bottom