Swedish Empire Scenario

Takhisis said:
The Cossack Registry has the same problem. They don't meld into the background. :undecide:
OK, I didn't understand the first time. Right now I'm not sure how to make it blend into the background, I tried a few things in gimp, but I haven't gotten it yet.

Yoda Power said:
Isn't the name for Øresund a little weird? That's just the name of the water strait. Why not Øresund Toll or Øresund Taxation or something like that?
It does, at first I thought about Sound (Øresund) Dues, but that seemed to be a weird name too. I'm leaning towards changing the name to Kronborg Castle, it will at least be a physical land mark that is associated with the Øresund and what was used to enforced the tolls.

Øresund Customs, maybe?

I see there was an edit… call it Kronborg Castle and mention the Øresund in the civilopedia entry.

Besides anarchy and despotism the are 8 additional forms of governments in the scenario, but each civ will be restricted to 2 at most; one it starts with and another it can change to during the second era. Each government is meant to determine the play style of a given civ. Since there are several civs that have only 3-5 cities, I've added in a rate cap to each government. Principalities and Republics will be able to research at 100%; while the other beginning governments will be limited from 60-70%.

Principality: [Bavaria; Brandenburg Prussia; Pomerania; Saxony]
Spoiler :

Hereditary Monarchy: [England; France; Spain; Sweden; Crimean Khanate]
Spoiler :

Elective Monarchy: [Austria; Denmark; Poland; Ukraine]
Spoiler :

Republic: [Hanseatic League; Netherlands]
Spoiler :

Autocracy: [Russia]
Spoiler :

Sultanate: [Ottoman Empire]
Spoiler :

Absolute Monarchy: [TBD]
Spoiler :

Constitutional Monarchy: [TBD]
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Principality.png
    Principality.png
    367.3 KB · Views: 523
  • Republic.png
    Republic.png
    369.3 KB · Views: 467
  • Autocracy.png
    Autocracy.png
    371.8 KB · Views: 477
  • Sultanate.png
    Sultanate.png
    357.4 KB · Views: 490
  • Absolute Monarchy.png
    Absolute Monarchy.png
    368.4 KB · Views: 477
  • Constitutional Monarchy.png
    Constitutional Monarchy.png
    368.4 KB · Views: 468
  • Hereditary Monarchy.png
    Hereditary Monarchy.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 489
  • Elective Monarchy.png
    Elective Monarchy.png
    358.1 KB · Views: 541
Looking very good, I'm very eager to see how this turns out.

Just thought I'd point out "Nuisance" is spelled incorrectly in the civilopedia. Only a minor detail, though.

Will the Principality of Transylvania also be included? Or how about the Swiss Confederacy?

Just thought I'd point out "Nuisance" is spelled incorrectly in the civilopedia. Only a minor detail, though.
Thanks. I've also notice the description to elective monarchy look weird and have since fixed it.

Will the Principality of Transylvania also be included?
No. I really wanted to have both Transylvania and Moldavia in the scenario, but it would have weakened the Ottomans too much. This was one of the main reason why I thought about extending the map to Constantinople, but it would have ended up being to slow.

Or how about the Swiss Confederacy?
I'm still undecided on including Switzerland, as well as Scotland and to a lesser extent Ireland. At the very least Switzerland, Scotland and Ireland will be made in the editor, so anyone can put them in the scenario, with limited editing. Scotland is the only one of these civs at the moment with a full flavor-unit line.

Maybe you could include Transylvania and Moldavia as being in vassalage (in game terms, a perpetual alliance) to the Sublime Porte?

I'm going to be adding Scotland and Switzerland. Switzerland will be a playable civ like the others and will have Confederation as a govt (see below). Scotland will not be playable and has been added to make England more enjoyable to play. The Scots have despotism as a government which will ensure they will not over run England. Ireland will be represented by one maybe two independent cities in the north-west of the Island.

Confederation: (Hanseatic League, Switzerland)
Spoiler :
Corruption/Waste: Rampant
Hurry Method: Paid Labor
War Weariness: High
Diplomats: Regular
Spies: Regular
Immune to Initiate Propaganda
Unit Support
-Cost/Unit 1
-Town 2
-City 2
-Metropolis 10
Rate Cape 10
Worker Efficiency 100%
Assimilation 4%
Draft Rate 1
Military Police Limit 2
*Increased Commerce and Production

Maybe you could include Transylvania and Moldavia as being in vassalage (in game terms, a perpetual alliance) to the Sublime Porte?
When I was planning on including these civs I thought it would be fun to have a Michael the Brave mini-scenario, with Wallachia included. The civs would fight to unify Romania and then turn on the more powerful Ottomans. By placing them in a locked alliance it would make this nearly impossible and may actually make an Ottoman alliance, which already includes the Crimean Tatars, to strong.

I am giving more thought to your idea about using deep sea harbors. I'm thinking about making the Don, Donets, and Dnieper Rivers navigable and only allow galleys and some of the small ships to pass.

Merry Christmas
God Jul
I've finally got a playable version of the scenario ready and just in time for Glögg. This isn't the finished product yet and I could use feed back to make it better.

Download

If you haven't been following this thread, the scenario takes place between 1558-1721 and surrounds the rise and fall of the Swedish Empire.

Notes
-The victory point system and the spaceship victories are not implemented in this version. (Make sure to uncheck these options.)
-coast and sea tiles produce no food until a harbor is built.
-tundra and jungle terrain has been added to slow down growth.
-the tundra file is the same as grassland, but you can tell the difference by the irrigation and forest.

Credits so far...
Spoiler :
Buildings
-Balam-Agab
-Balthasar
-embryodead
-georgestow
-Kyriakos
-mrtn
-PCHighway
-Quintillus
-Rufus T. Firefly
-Spacer One
-Supa
-Ukas
-(Call to Power 2)
-(Cossacks: European Wars)
-(MEM-Yoda Power)

Cities
-Kyriakos

Interface
-tom2050
-aaglo

Resources
-Gojira54
-Grandraem
-Supa
-(MEM-Yoda Power)

Tech Icons
-Ares de Borg
-Balthasar
-Deth McBones
-Diviner
-embryodead
-georgestow
-utahjazz7
-Yoda Power
-(MEM-Yoda Power)
-(RAR Mod)

Terrain
-Ares de Borg

Units
-imperator1961
-aaglo
-Colonel Kraken
-Jorsalfare
-Orthanc
-Plotinus
-Sandris
-Steph
-Sword Of Geddon
-themanuneed
-utahjazz7
-Virote_Considon
-Zubareva

Attachments

• Germany.jpg
    Germany.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Netherlands.jpg
    Netherlands.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Prussia.jpg
    Prussia.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Russia Attacks.jpg
    Russia Attacks.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 315
  • The Crimean.jpg
    The Crimean.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Union.jpg
    Union.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 114
I have the biq, but unfortunately not the files. I did a system restore a couple years ago and lost a lot of scenarios that are no longer available. Hopefully someone has it here.

Attachments

• Swedish Empire (Beta).zip
    89.8 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom