Link to the space ship (Time Machine) not working...

Theov

Deity
I have changed the space ship into Balthasar's Time Machine in my mod.

However, I changed almost all space ship entries in the civilopedia and the editor.

Now, the links to the time machine don't work... does anyone know how this works (as this link is unlike others)?

This is a link as it appears in a resources entry.

I do. But I'd have to know a lot more about the problem. When you say, 'the links to the time machine', do you mean 'in the Civilopedia', or generally?

the links in the civilopedia that's called 'timemachine component(s)' goes nowhere, the link that shows up in the resources that are required for the space ship/time machine.

I don't understand how this link works, because it's unlike others.

Theov, I did my own spaceship victory for CCM (callled "Race to the Moon") some years ago and this was my knowledge about it:

A. The links:

1. You can do links to the pediaicons file (showing images).

Each of these links normally goes to a single special building (=spaceship part). This is also the name of the link used in the editor for the "spaceship part" (=building).

2. You can do links to the civilopedia file (not showing images, but text and this text can contain a mulitude of links to entries in the pediaicons file.

In the civilopedia you have to do two entries for a concept:

a) An entry in the concept list (for CCM per example: GCON_Race_to_the_Moon) and:
b) The concept entry (for CCM per example: #GCON_Race_to_the_Moon

As an example here is the complete entry for the concept "Race to the Moon":

#GCON_Race_to_the_Moon
{Race to the Moon}
^
^To win the space race $LINK<victory=GCON_Victory>, you have to be the first to land on the moon. The space missions are comprised of the following projects:
^
^{Prerequisite:} First complete the $LINK<National Space-Center=BLDG_National_Space-Center> (Small Wonder).
^
^{Earth Orbit}
^
^$LINK<Sputnik=BLDG_Sputnik>
^$LINK<Control Center=BLDG_Control_Center>
^$LINK<Man in Orbit=BLDG_Man_in_Orbit>
^
^{The Gemini Project}
^
^$LINK<Space Capsule=BLDG_Space_Capsule>
^$LINK<Space Rendevouz=BLDG_Space_Rendevouz>
^$LINK<Space Walk=BLDG_Space_Walk>
^
^{The Apollo Program}
^
^$LINK<Saturn V Rocket=BLDG_Saturn_V_Rocket>
^$LINK<Lunar Rover=BLDG_Lunar_Rover>
^$LINK<Lunar Lander=BLDG_Lunar_Lander>
^$LINK<Moon Landing=BLDG_Moon_Landing>
^
^Although these missions can be done in any order, they are normally completed in the sequence: Earth Orbit - Gemini Project - Apollo Program.

B. Additionally you should do an entry in the civilopedia containing the victory conditions.

Here is the example of CCM:

#GCON_Space_Race
{Space Race}
^
^To win the space race $LINK<victory=GCON_Victory>, you have to be the first to land on the moon. The space missions are comprised of the following projects:
^
^{Prerequisite:} First complete the $LINK<National Space-Center=BLDG_National_Space-Center> (Small Wonder).
^
^{Earth Orbit}
^
^$LINK<Sputnik=BLDG_Sputnik>
^$LINK<Control Center=BLDG_Control_Center>
^$LINK<Man in Orbit=BLDG_Man_in_Orbit>
^
^{The Gemini Project}
^
^$LINK<Space Capsule=BLDG_Space_Capsule>
^$LINK<Space Rendevouz=BLDG_Space_Rendevouz>
^$LINK<Space Walk=BLDG_Space_Walk>
^
^{The Apollo Program}
^
^$LINK<Saturn V Rocket=BLDG_Saturn_V_Rocket>
^$LINK<Lunar Rover=BLDG_Lunar_Rover>
^$LINK<Lunar Lander=BLDG_Lunar_Lander>
^$LINK<Moon Landing=BLDG_Moon_Landing>

C: And you also should do a special entry in the pediaicons file of the building (mostly a SW) that allows the Spacerace Victory.

Here is the example for the National Space Center, that allows this kind of victory in CCM:

#BLDG_National_Space-Center
^{Civs: } All.
^
^{Effects:} Enables the civilization to begin the $LINK<Race to the Moon=GCON_Spaceship>.
^
^{Happiness:} 0
^{Produces:} None
^{Character:} scientific
#DESC_BLDG_National_Space-Center
^

D. And of course you should do an entry for each part of the time machine in the pediaicons file.

Here is an example of CCM for the Sputnik, that is one part of the Space Race in that mod:

#BLDG_Sputnik
^The [Sputnik} is one of ten space missions to achieve a $LINK<Space Race=GCON_Victory> victory.
^
^{Earth Orbit:}
^[Sputnik], $LINK<Control Center=BLDG_Control_Center>, $LINK<Man in Orbit=BLDG_Man_in_Orbit>.
^
^{The Gemini Project:}
^$LINK<Space Capsule=BLDG_Space_Capsule>, $LINK<Space Rendevouz=BLDG_Space_Rendevouz>, $LINK<Space Walk=BLDG_Space_Walk>
^
^{The Apollo Program:}
^$LINK<Saturn V Rocket=BLDG_Saturn_V_Rocket>, $LINK<Lunar Rover=BLDG_Lunar_Rover>, $LINK<Lunar Lander=BLDG_Lunar_Lander>, $LINK<Moon Landing=BLDG_Moon_Landing>
#DESC_BLDG_Sputnik
^
^
^The modern exploration of space began in October 1957 when the Soviet Union launched Sputnik one. This tiny satellite orbited the earth for 57 days, providing information on radiation and other phenomena in the upper atmosphere. In less than a year, the United States had also launched a satellite, Explorer one. This started the "space race", years of competition between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. to achieve new frontiers in space exploration.

Theov... This can all sound rather complicated. You may find it easier to simply leave the Civilopedia and PediaIcons Entries for the Spaceship the same and also in the BIQ. I am talking about the Entries for the Spaceship Parts, not what you want to name them.

The BIQ keeps the original Civilopedia Entry Names for the Spaceship Parts but you name the Part as you prefer under Improvement or Wonder.

The New Names and Images and their Links are changed in your Civilopedia and PediaIcons files under the original Entry names.

Name New .pcx files for Spaceship Parts with the same names as the Original Spaceship Parts that are in the Spaceship Folder. Back Up the Originals files and place your New Parts in the Spaceship Folder. If you place the Spaceship Folder in a MOD, there is no need to back up the Original Game Files.

Other .pcx files such as the Intelligence Center and New Parts are placed in the Civilopedia Icons Folder and Wonders are placed in the Wonders Folder.

A New race.bik file is placed in the Movies Folder.

The attachment shows entries for the Spaceship in EFZI2 Complete. I removed the Descriptions to make it shorter and I added the BIQ.

Attachments

• Example Text EFZI2 Complete Spaceship.zip
    64.4 KB · Views: 83
Did you intend for that link to be there? Or are you just trying to get it to work?

The link is always there, apparently.
I changed the entries back to the spaceship parts and now it works.

I want to change a few more little things to my mod and then I'll release the new version.

Thanks!

The Time Machine in your game, of course! I'm still concerned that it was set up right, and would love to see some screenshots of it being built in a game to make sure that I lined the pcxs up correctly, etc. You can call me a worry-wart...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahw.
Yeah it works :)

I didn't know you were waiting for it. I just changed my mod, so I can't open old savegames.
I will show screenshots when I'm there. But I'm going on vacation soon, so don't expect it quick.

You can check out my mod if you want.

Top Bottom