Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

Thanks for these but does anyone have a save that works for the XCOM achievement? You can't nuke your own unit to get it.

Games Without Frontiers (Win a Diplomatic Victory using the Freedom Ideology.) does not seem to work. I played 16 turns and the achievement remains unlocked. Why is this so?

hey guys who always play it, i did a map for the 357 ship to sunk, more quickly that the one on the first post, something like just 15 sec instead of 2-3hour

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00022726996859140678

put it in your map folder

1.start the game in mod option , with 0 mod active (one single mod active will block you from having the achievement)
2.click single player
3.advanced option at the bottom
4.choose the map to the right
5. dont click start game, click back button
6. click the dot button option to make it a scenario
7.click start button and you're good to go

at the first turn, the barbarian ship will all try to kill you automaticaly but they will all die from your counter, giving you something like 250-280 kill in a few second, just reload the map a second time and you have the achievement easily

Anyone has the Mongol Scenario Deity win savefile to share? The link on the first page is broken.

Last edited:
Since the save for this one is also not working anymore, I've fixed it here.

Modern Major-General
Win the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario.
https://mega.nz/#!ZEEB1KAD!6h29PMlmlXevlIL76zepAL6Yvr6VFMOJn24eiIYkYmk
Instructions: Click 'Next Turn'.

I've also created some saves while going for Model of a Modern Major General. I've created saves for the following (mostly unique) units:

Anti-Tank Gun
Ballista
Companion Cavalry
Cossack
Foreign Legion
Giant Death Robot
Hoplite
Immortal
Ironclad
Jaguar
Janissary
Legion
Longbowman
Mandekalu Cavalry
Missile Cruiser
Mohawk Warrior
Nuclear Submarine
Panzer
Ship of the Line
Sipahi
War Chariot
Zero

Model of a Modern Major-General
Train all units, across any number of playthroughs.
https://mega.nz/#!8FdikZrS!ZPOy2gsUMnqHgH0fdtDDU-OjzQ4efYjamc2Z1-MxzEI
Instructions: On each save, simply click Next Turn.

Last edited:
Can anyone post the following saves again? I can't get them using the saves in this post.
Battlefield Earth
Beat the game on an Earth-type Map.

Gotta Catch 'Em All
Beat the game on all standard map types and sizes.

The Wonder Years
Build all the Wonders, across any number of playthroughs.

Enlightened Ruler
Unlock all Social Policies, across any number of playthroughs.

Model of a Modern Major-General
Train all Units, across any number of playthroughs.

Land Baron
Purchase 1000 tiles, across any number of playthroughs.

Here Ends the Noble Savage
Raze 100 Barbarian camps, across any number of playthroughs.

Experimenter
Play a game with a Mod.

With Liberty and Justice for All
Fully Explore the Liberty Policy Track.

The Explorer
Discover 100 Natural Wonders.

The Appian Way
Build 1000 roads, across any number of playthroughs.

Forty-Niner
Build 1000 mines, across any number of playthroughs.

Merchant King
Trade 100 resources, across any number of playthroughs.

Paul Bunyan
Chop down 1000 forest tiles, across any number of playthroughs.

God Is Great
Construct 1000 Temples, across any number of playthroughs.

Barbary Pirate
As Suleiman, accumulate a navy with 10 Barbarian naval units.

Ruler of the Seas
As Elizabeth, sink and destroy 357 enemy naval units, across any number of playthroughs.

Panzer "Shafernator" General
Spawn over 100 Great Generals, build an army of over 100 standing units, and beat the game 100 times.

Greek Fire
As Byzantines, sink 10 Greek ships with a Dromon.

Greed is Good
Have a city with the Colossus, Petra, a Caravansary, and a Harbor.

That's XCOM baby!
Have your XCOM Squad go from 100 health to 0 in a single AI turn.

A brief history: Two weeks ago, I decided to go back into Civ 5 and begin the process of collecting the 150+ achievements that I missed first time around. I still have about 100 to go. But in this quest, I realized that some of these achievements are very buggy, time consuming or difficult to engineer. At times, I just wanted to use someone else's save file to be done with it and move on to the next achievement. But there isn't a recent collection of save files for this game, so trying to find a file is actually more time consuming than just doing it yourself. I want to help the handful of achievement hunters, now or in the future, that just want to download and move on. So I'll post my save files here and if anyone else wants to add, feel free to do it.

Last thing: It's still a great game. In some ways, better than Civ 6, I think. So many of these are worth doing on your own if they pop on your initial effort. I had to try some of these 3 or 4 times due to technicalities or misinterpretations of the requirement. But in the end, if you need a safety net, this might be the thread for you. GL.

Rise of the Mongols on Diety. Yeah, this took me 4 attempts, resulting in 30+ hours of game play. The third attempt was utterly disappointing as I had it down to 2 cities: I could take Michael's last city, but couldn't take Kyoto. Anyway, this save file is successful, but maybe a bit tricky with Kyoto. Michael's city is easy, you have more than enough fire power and 2 ground units that can enter the city. Kyoto has just enough fire power. I recommend starting with one cannon volley, then all the frigates, the second cannon, then your longswordsman should be able to take the city. This should net you 5 achievements if you haven't played it before. I think you can then load it again, not do anything and get the last achievement for running out of time. I can't confirm that last bit though as I had run out of time in my first attempt.

Attachments

• Genghis Khan_0099 AD-1305.Civ5Save
    770 KB · Views: 349
Conquest of the New World scenario. You can get 2 achievements here: King of the Mountain and Macho Picchu. Just take Onondaga and hit next.

Attachments

• Pachacuti_0077 AD-1596.Civ5Save
    590.4 KB · Views: 317
Conquest of the New World scenario. You can get 2 achievements here: Tea and Crumpets for Everyone and AU in the EU. Just return the treasure to London, might take 3 or 4 turns to do it.

Attachments

• Elizabeth_0086 AD-1614.Civ5Save
    599.1 KB · Views: 314
Zeupiter Achievement: I tried this on hotseat, but wouldn't pop, then Enrico Dondolo in a duel, but he wouldn't build the statue, then Alexander in a duel on settler, but he wouldn't build it either! I guess I'm just venting, but this save file is an Alexander duel on prince and it finally worked. What a waste of an afternoon.

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar_0207 AD-1470.Civ5Save
    522.3 KB · Views: 295
Ok, this file is for grinding the Land Baron achievement. Simply load the game, click on the city, start purchasing at the 'noon' position and work your way around, clockwise until you run out of cash. You should be able to buy 10 tiles. Then reload the game and do it again until the achievement pops. If you have never purchased a tile, then you will have to reload 100 times. But I imagine you can get out of it a bit sooner than that. Took me about 20 minutes, so I guess I needed about 400 tiles.

Attachments

• Washington_0400 AD-1980.Civ5Save
    617.9 KB · Views: 287
God is Great achievement: I have 10 cities, all 1 turn away from producing a temple. Load the game, click next and you have 10 built. Reload and do it again as many times as you need to get to 1000 temples.

Attachments

• Hiawatha_0265 AD-1775.Civ5Save
    698.2 KB · Views: 337
Paul Bunyan achievement: Load the file. There are 13 workers standing on forest tiles. Wake them all up first and save again, unless you want to spend a bunch of time waking them up every time. Then click on one of the workers and chop down the forest. The game will snap to the next worker and so on. These are strong workers, so one swing of the ax knocks down every tree. Reload and do it again. X times 13 = the 1000 forests you need.

Attachments

• Gandhi_0407 AD-1987.Civ5Save
    638.3 KB · Views: 325
Forty-Niner achievement: Load the file. There are 13 workers about to finish 13 mines. Click next, then reload and do it again. An interesting aside: I spent about 20 minutes setting this up, but the achievement popped after the second reload. Hopefully someone else can get more mileage out of it.

Attachments

• Gandhi_0453 AD-2026-July.Civ5Save
    699.3 KB · Views: 305
Panzer Shafernator General achievement: Load the Bismark file. There are 84 units on the map: 18 missiles, 27 artillery, 5 marines and 34 xcom dudes. Just build and buy another 16 units to get you to 100. If the achievement pops, you are done.

If it doesn't pop, you either need more wins or more generals spawned. Try the 100 wins first. You can load the Ghandi file, hit next, win, then reload and do it again for however many wins you think you need. I already had enough generals, so if that is your problem, start a game in medieval age, select honor, then save it. Next select the policy that spawns a general and you know the drill.

You can also check your progress on everything in the debug log, but you have to enable it, restart the game, then check it. Here are instructions on how to do that:

Achievement logging/achievements_debug.log:
CiV has a logfile that shows track of how far into an achievement you actually are in (for e.g. which wonders you've build and how many forests, roads, mines erc you've built already). Once you see it, it's pretty much self-explanatory. You have to enable it first though
Go to C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5 and open/edit the config.ini file.
Change "LoggingEnabled = 0" (should be in the bottom half of the file) to "LoggingEnabled = 1" and save the file. The achievement logfile will start to update whenever you start CiV while being connected to steam.
You can find the log file here:
C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs\achievements_debug.log
Note: The log file will only update when the game client is started. So you can't view your progress live. You'd have to shut the game down first and then restart the game before recent progress is displayed in the log.

Credit to Steam user Mainstein for the instructions.

Attachments

• Bismarck_0475 AD-2037-July.Civ5Save
    619.3 KB · Views: 339
  • Gandhi_0009 BC-3640.Civ5Save
    635.6 KB · Views: 290
Top Bottom