Might be either caffeine or urge to create...

Shiro, would this object be useful for your creations?

Attachments

• magatama2.png
    magatama2.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 87
Question of the day: If I were a dynasty, what would my name be?

As for the Uzbek one, the Horde is still waiting on the needed pics before it can lay siege. :mischief:

Attachments

• xianyang2.png
    xianyang2.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 66
What file format does Poser use? I don't recall if it was .3ds or .obj

@Jerry'sGoldfish: Any good pics for ancient, industrial, and modern? I don't like confining city sets purely to one era.

I think poser can import either one. I know it can use obj for sure.

See if this is any use to you. I'm not sure if I did the export correctly since I'm pretty much poking through Blender in the dark.

Attachments

• Magatama.zip
    140.9 KB · Views: 57
@Jerry'sGoldfish: What's the name of the building in the first modern example? How big should the dome be in relation to the rest of the building?

Attachments

• majlis1.png
    majlis1.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 64
the columns should be half the thickness in you rendering...everything else seems ok, also the fries with the rectangule should be made...

More experimenting on shapes. Anyone want to guess what is the building next to the Majlis? :D

Attachments

• tashkentmodern1.png
    tashkentmodern1.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 61
I recently had the urge to fiddle around in Blender.

Created a "Samjichang" (Korean Trident) as a result. It's a rough creation since I still can't quite get the blades to curve a bit more.

Try scaling and rotating from an anchor point created midway between each horn's base and tip.

btw thanks for reminding me that I had to install Blender on my Linux partition.

Try scaling and rotating from an anchor point created midway between each horn's base and tip.

btw thanks for reminding me that I had to install Blender on my Linux partition.

I did what you suggested. Now I'm satisfied with how it looks. :)

Hard to tell from that angle - is the center blade longer than the two outside, like the ones here or here? I ask because it might also be useful as a trishul (similar Indian weapon).

Slightly OT: I watched War of the Arrows last night - about Joseon resistance to the Qing. Awesomely realistic display of virtuosity with a bow, imho. I'd like to see similarly great work with other Korean weapons such as this one in a comparable historic / wuxia film.

Top Bottom