No Diplo hit for wipping Shaka?

Decided to play an Immortal domination game with Venice and got nice hill/river/coastal start with Shaka just past my closest CS, Attila just past him, and Askia to my South who is building towards me in the open space. A perfect start for a warmonger...

I waited until the CS had a nice army, GMV'd it, then took the first invite I got to war with Shaka, razed a city, took his cap. Attila took out his second city the turn before I took his last city so that I would have center map presence and better access to Brazil and William.

No one cared!

I still have a bunch of bright green for common enemy/denunciation/etc and a minor warmonger(dislikes warmongers) hit with William from when I stole a CS worker.

Do you not take a diplo hit for wiping a civ that every other civ has denounced? This is the first time I have wiped a civ in BNW that everyone hated

I'm pretty sure "wipping" Shaka doesn't do anything but anger him. Anyway to answer your question: You and Attila fought the same civ, so no diplo hits there

A more serious explanation is that friendly and "friendly" aka deceptive AIs like to hide most of the diplo hits such as warmonger hate. They will pop up once your relations go worse.

A more serious explanation is that friendly and "friendly" aka deceptive AIs like to hide most of the diplo hits such as warmonger hate. They will pop up once your relations go worse.

This. Most civs will hide their negatives against you unless they hate you.

hmm,

Will have to wait and see how it pans out. Attila was nice enough to wait until all my units and cities were healed before he sent his DoW. He is even sending everything from the city that was 1st on my list to take from him lol. He has muskets, should be fun since I have 4 xbows, 2 pikes and a horseman to deal with his massive unit spam :)

Well, the penalty is less if you wipe out a Civ, other Civs have denounced and hate. Less of a hit if you have a declaration of friendship, and I don't think there is a hit at all if you wipe him out with allies helping in the war, at least not right away.

However, from my experiences. You can generally wipe out one Civ or City State and "get away with it" so to speak. Wipe out a 2nd Civ or City State however, be prepared for the rest of the world to hate you. Unless there is another Civ that is warmongering as much as you are, that Civ may still be "friendly" towards you, until that Civ declares war on you that is, :lol:.

Well, the penalty is less if you wipe out a Civ, other Civs have denounced and hate.

Wrong. Same diplo hit regardless. Denounce has nothing to do with warmonger hit.

Less of a hit if you have a declaration of friendship, and I don't think there is a hit at all if you wipe him out with allies helping in the war, at least not right away.

Also wrong, just civs you have a Friendship with don't list their negative modifiers openly - they will as soon as things change for the worse, as described above.

Regardless of the "hit" and the not displaying it when in a Declaration of Friendship. I've kept a DoF with a few Civs when I have wiped out a Civ. Denouncing does help in keeping the warmonger penalty "hidden" longer by adding the positive modifier of denouncing the same Civ. Not to mention if another Civ has denounced the same target they are more likely to join you in war, again another positive modifier.

Also, of course if a Civ is plotting against you and openly hostile towards you, they will call you, the enemy, a warmonger. It makes no difference.

People here really over exaggerate the severity of the warmonger penalty.

"OMG! I took 2 cities or wiped out a Civ and everyone hates me! Diplomacy is broken!" :rolleyes:

Top Bottom