How big is your Venice?

sherbz

Deity
Well as we all know, Venice is likely to be by far the smallest civ in your game if you are playing against them. Even if you are playing as them, they are not exactly domination style material. So i thought i would start this thread and see if we could find the biggest that Venice has ever got. I would advise that people say to the forum as to whether they are playing as venice or not. I would also advise that people mention their game settings which gave the following event.

My turn first. Standard map on immortal (fairly slow for a science victory because there was so much water, and i slowed Venice up a bit as well, but still, have never seen them this big before):

Spoiler :

My Venice was bigger, I got Radio Free Europe with Venice, immortal. 10 cities.

Do you mean "big" like the number of cities owned by Venice, or big like the number of :c5citizen:s in Venice? If the latter, I've seen the city of Venice at nearly 40 :c5citizen:, but it was owned by an AI. I guess a player with Venice on a decent map with lots of :c5food: could get 50+ :c5citizen:.

Venice can be really good at Domination. MadDjinn showed as much in a recent LP. He took the commerce policy that reduces item purchasing costs, the Autocrat policy that reduces unit purchasing costs and built Big Ben, all on Diety. Those reduced the costs of just about everything. Combined with 16 trade routes, he bought a massive fleet of bombers and fighters and wiped nearly his whole continent. He eventually fell into a diplo victory at the end, but Venice was a complete powerhouse.

I mean i number of cities. Every game i have seen so far the AI maxes out at 3 cities. This game Enrico seemed to have gotten out the wrong side of bed and was DOW'ing on everyone.

I've been trying super duper hard to get a Venice win on diety and I'm pretty sure its impossible. No matter how much I jerryrig it Venice loses very easily on starts and gets massively out expanded. Furthest I've gotten is 300 AD with two cities under my control. On Immortal I've gotten a domination victory. Because of the massive trade routes it's a lot easier to stay friends with a lot more people so you can take a city here or a city there while ramping up for the big final world conquest.

The big thing is that since you have so much cash at the end you can buy 10-12 units per turn.

The largest I've had was 46.... although I'm certain it could have gotten much ******edly larger had I fed it food from other towns.

About 6 and a half cities long. The women be all like, "That's the most Serene thing ever!"

Population of Venice, I think you'd need to pass 60 to be in the top 2% of Venice players.

(Think every puppet having a cargo sea route to Venice + Tradition; probably with Hanging Gardens as well if the difficulty level is Emperor or below)

As to size of the Venican puppet empire, very easy to get so large that one of your cities isn't pulling its own weight in Science.
(You don't want to get much past 10 cities on a standard size map)

I've been trying super duper hard to get a Venice win on diety and I'm pretty sure its impossible. No matter how much I jerryrig it Venice loses very easily on starts and gets massively out expanded. Furthest I've gotten is 300 AD with two cities under my control. On Immortal I've gotten a domination victory. Because of the massive trade routes it's a lot easier to stay friends with a lot more people so you can take a city here or a city there while ramping up for the big final world conquest.

The big thing is that since you have so much cash at the end you can buy 10-12 units per turn.

The largest I've had was 46.... although I'm certain it could have gotten much ******edly larger had I fed it food from other towns.

Look for a thread by CountAccountant in BNW forum called Venice Advice Appreciated, he did it on first try I think and is not a deity player either. Also a great read :lol: funny in fact.

Look for a thread by CountAccountant in BNW forum called Venice Advice Appreciated, he did it on first try I think and is not a deity player either. Also a great read :lol: funny in fact.

Can u give a link to it please?

In the game that I just finished as venice i believe my capital was size 56 on my last turn. I was playing on king (first time as venice and i love them). I did manage to snag the hanging gardens and got a ridiculous start which consisted of a crescent island of about 7 land tiles with a ring of sea life around me totalling about 7 or 8 aquatic resources I had access to the whole game. I honestly did not start running food caravans until well into the game (1700-1800s) because it took me that long to find a city-state I felt was worth purchasing. As for # of cities between my conquests and CS acquisitions i probably had about 12 cities. once i did start the caravans though i had at least 2 and usually 3 caravans all running food to venice. It could have been even larger im sure because i built more wonders than I probably should have so I had venice in production mode for a number of turns which certainly doesnt help the growth If i hadnt built so many wonders and started the food trade routes ASAP i likely would have hit size 60

Do you mean "big" like the number of cities owned by Venice, or big like the number of :c5citizen:s in Venice? If the latter, I've seen the city of Venice at nearly 40 :c5citizen:, but it was owned by an AI. I guess a player with Venice on a decent map with lots of :c5food: could get 50+ :c5citizen:.

In my latest Immortal game I had a population of 46 in Venice when I won a culture victory, I was lucky enough to get all the growth boost wonders/religion plus policies.

Dat thread name...

Top Bottom