Building Made Fun!

Good luck, you're gonna need it!

Maybe Mori is still so nice and can help you updating the CiVUP with all those complicated LUA files.
I don't really need the latest version of that but at least one that has no obvious bugs, like the (cheating) build-countdown on cities. This one was maybe only a leftover from a test version.

It would be severely disfunctional. I use new tables created in UP in several places. I don't think the countdown timers are that dramatic. The only exploit I can image is knowing when the city might get a new defender during a siege. I can live with it :p

As for updating: it's not difficult but tricky. Each updated file (or all, may be easier) needs to be replaced and any new files loaded through "actions" or "content" (if I remember the section names correctly), or just imported into VFS for some Lua files. Check the .modinfo file for that. That's the easy part. Make sure to take a full backup first as any mistake can break the mod. That's the tricky part.
Then there are some files that I edited, you can search for my nickname, the places are indicated. Very minor. The ActionIcons.lua file is in the folder "shared" (added one line), don't import it twice (I think it's originally also in Alpaca's mod folder).

I'm here to help ;) Should you try and fail, I'll help harder :)

i tried in used "buildings made fun v10" and i couldn't get past the loading screen before it crashed.

Joey

the minium req mostly on the PC Windows XP SP3. Thats the only crash i had so far.

Joey

i keep it down to 4 civs with about 4 state cities. map sizes from standard to huge, i went for the tiny islands, 4 corners, and earth... all crashed before even loading. the civ i was using was the mongols.
Making buildings fun v9 worked. v10 crashed.

Joey

Thats a long list...
Active city defense v2, AiRealistic v2, Naval Buildings v1, City Plot Claim RE. v2, CSD V22,
Civ5 farm mod v1, Cultural Diffusion v6, Echoes of Ages v25, unlimited units per title v1,
Golden Gate Bridge v1, infoaddict v14. the ISS v3, livetuner Tech and Policy panels v4,
no cap on barb v1, Not Another City State v11, Number Diplo v2, extra cargo v1,
Railroad cost reduce v1, RMS Titanic v1, Smoothpack v2, Strong Ecomony v23, Super Cities v1,
Extra Classics v1, satellights reveal cities v2, Mech Inftantry v1, Naval upgrades v3,
prospectors v1, TBM no core changes and Tunnel boring machine v2, and tech tree delayed.

yesterday added a mod beyond the future v1.
So far no recent crashes.

Joey

If v9 worked then it will be a compatibility problem with CiVUP which I integrated. You can test this be replacing BMF with Thal's balance mods if you want. Active City Defence I know is incompatible.

I'll give it another shot but good to know about the ACD... another mod to get rid of.

Joey

In the meanwhile...
I can live with it :p
I couldn't :sad:
So I updated to CiVUP 7.2.7, available in the database. The updating process was interesting, I'll write a report for you Pouakai! And upload the edited project to MediaFire later after I verify a bit for potential bugs. You'll have to upload it here, as I can't submit the file anymore myself now :lol:
Maybe it's a good test to see if you can submit to the mod browser as well. You can put in additional changes if you like :)

Also the next page in this topic is not that far away anymore: I'd say keep an eye out and grab its first post, as you'll need a billboard post. I'll then refer to it from the OP.
Now how to fill this page without spamming... :mischief:

If v9 worked then it will be a compatibility problem with CiVUP which I integrated. You can test this be replacing BMF with Thal's balance mods if you want. Active City Defence I know is incompatible.

no change and just with Thal's mod i got a game but screwed up...
screwed up by: no new research, can't build anything, and can't end turn. Can settle or move the warrior but thats it.

something of UI Didn't Load! See http://bit.ly/bugreporting for help and it repeats of the UI Didn't Load.

I'll see if i can make the changes as to what i can get from it to work...

Joey

I've seen that before. Make sure to clear the cache and delete any old version before installing. The cache is normally located in My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache. It's safe to delete the entire "cache" folder. Sometimes the problem can reoccur when loading a game: exit and delete the cache again.

I've been free from these problems with the latest version, I'll get off my ass and send it to the master :)

About new features: I don't know, that's one of the reasons I give it out of hand :p If nothing else, just add the Torre Del Oro? It fills a nice spot in the tech tree and just looks great :) Other wonders may require more balancing thought.
The bug fix alone I think is sufficient to warrant a new version; if uploading to the mod browser fails I can do it and announce a new name for this mod (can't have duplicates...). Something like "BMF - Building Made Fun" may do. Buf first things first... Uploading now, will send you a PM with the link when done.

Well did that and had a much more "Fun" time with starting a game after removing the cache folder along with the MODuserdata. had a custom game and such... but anyways its more of an hassle on my end.

I did get it to work abit however i removed most my mods had about 3 mods of delay tech tree Thals unoffical patch v72 and BMF v10. had the tech tree kinda screwed up in the end and a fun lock on a tech. One time it was the Laws the other was the adquette close to the spelling.

But adding anymore mods may result a crash. But those 2 mods isn't much worth it.

Thanks anyways.

Joey

Sorry to hear :(
Though if I understand correctly you run Thal's mod alongside, which is incompatible to BMF and will cause problems. To this end I already included CiVUP into BMF.

Pouakai: grab the next two post!
Others: please wait a bit longer before posting :mischief:

I did like MBFv9 though. Maybe next time i play around with it some more.

Joey

Top Bottom