can't download mods in game

bryanw1995

Emperor
when I go to the mods section in the main menu I can see games that I already have downloaded and I can see the mongol dlc as well, but when I try to go online to look at listed mods my computer starts making a louding whining noise and freezes up. I thought that it was just my windows firewall settings so I disabled them last night. worked for about 5 minutes, I browsed a couple of mods online, then computer froze up again. my other 2 computers can browse mods online without issue. anybody else have this issue?

system specs:

i7 920
evga x58 sli
gtx 460 - 768mb
2x2 gskill ddr3 1333
win 7 x64

no. however, my old gaming rig has been passed down to the 3 yr old and is in the same room. it's on xp pro, too, so if it has the same issue then the router is in for a stern talking-to. installing ciV on that computer now.

The result will be interesting.

Why i've asked: It seems that the programming of the mod hub was not really brilliant. It opens a new connection for every possible mod you can see there (or so, but at least toooooooooo many connections for these few mods), which triggers for many routers some flood protection mechanisms, which then disables the connection to he hosting server completely.
...so, either your computer is having problems with some settings of the router, or it's not even capable of the step before.

ok, everything worked great on my old xp computer. the other computers are 1 x xp pro and 1 x vista x64. it is definitely something on my win 7 computer.

only difference that I know of between the 2 x64 computers is that my main gaming rig has an ssd. can't figure how that would make any difference at all, but it's there.

I have
and still waiting a help...
But i am not a router user but just hub

Top Bottom